CAP MANA STATS FFS!!!

Frost027

CAP MANA STATS FFS!!!

^ TITLE!!

Okay in short, what I'm asking is that WildCard on PvP servers do SOMETHING about manas. My solution is to cap their stats for God's sake to something that isn't RIDICULOUS. 

I'm not going to lie, I've been pretty proud of you Wildcard especially in the PvP aspect (Except for that totally unneeded tek turret nerf). You've basically fixed meshing for the most part, you've been cracking down hard on duping and (somewhat) fixed the horrible aimbot/esp situation on official, although it needs heavy work. I've seen multiple cheating tribes get dev wiped for this kind of stuff finally. And usually whenever some BS mesh/dupe exploit comes out it's patched in a few days rather than months! Good on you!

But here's the one thing that is a thorn in the side of the entire PvP community, the God forsaken creature THE MANA. It ruins basically all pvp outside of caves. Why? Because of their insane stats.

Let me explain in depth: Honestly, manas without their current insane stats (I'll go over them in a moment) are pretty balanced, tamed manas only have around 3-8k health and somewhere between 250-380 melee. Not bad. They are still pretty strong, but don't murder everything around them. 

Compared to a good level Lightning Wyvern: 15-25k hp and 300-500 melee, with the Wyvern dealing much more damage and ignoring armor. But the mana has it's freeze affect, so they balance out somewhat nicely. It isn't too one sided and both seem viable. Great! Even with the STUPID long freeze, with only 300 melee you'll at least have a chance of surviving getting frozen.

But here's the thing*** People started figuring out your game, and realized how bad of a "level cap" you have. And people have started stacking mutation after mutation, while taming level 5 creatures to breed in the super low oxygen, food stats to lower their levels to avoid the level cap and still have insane stats.

*BECAUSE OF THIS* MANAS CURRENTLY ON WINDOWS 10 SMALL TRIBES HAVE: 22,000 HEALTH, 9,000 STAMINA, AND ***AROUND 1,700-2,000 MELEE DAMAGE*** *TWO THOUSAND*

Two thousand melee COMPLETELY BREAKS THE BALANCE OF THIS GAME. They are SO F*&^CKING TANKY with 22k hp and a 124 armor saddle for a near EIGHTY 80% DAMAGE REDUCTION. While also being the fastest thing in the entire game. But the real issue is of course the Two-F#$@ing-thousand melee manas running around.

Manas were not designed to be like this. They were not balanced around having 2,000 melee (soon to be 2,400 once the breeders lower some more stats :D)

It is clear they weren't balanced around this. I've done so many tests, a mana with 2,000 melee can deal 20,000 damage in less than 7 seconds to something unsaddled.

Griffins? LMFAO. Grffins have 8-12k hp at most, and they ARE FROZEN FOR ELEVEN SECONDS. Meaning once you're frozen: You are dead 99% of the time. Peroid. No question about it. Because it takes about 3-4 seconds of ice breath before you're end game, high level tame is dead.

Do you not understand Wildcard? Every new creature you add into this game is USELESS and forgettable because nobody cares to use them in PvP when they could just hop on their mana and be tankier, faster, and deal 100x the damage.

Bloodstalkers? Useless on every map except Genesis. Currently you can get bloodstalkers to around 20k hp on Smalls if you literally do NOTHING but level every single point into health. People do this literally so they can try and have SOMEWHAT of a chance of surviving if they are froze. Even with that very high health, Bloodstalkers are frozen instantly, and frozen for an insane 10+ seconds. Meaning you are dead usually no matter what.

*Since manas, according to the math, in 10 seconds could do over 50,000 damage if not interrupted*

This is not fair. Not at all. And to be fair, it really isn't because of the design. It's because of the stats.

And it's really *ONLY* for the mana!! WHO CARES if a Rex has insane stats?? Rexes can't dash around half way across the map, freeze you in place for 11 seconds and deal 5x the amount of your health in damage in 5 seconds!!!! Who cares if PTs have insane stats, they can't kill you instantly and take on nearly everything in the game with ease!!

It's only the mana! Their design is NOT compaitble with breeding! You've done SO WELL Wildcard up until this point!

Reaper Kings, Rock Drakes, Normal Wyverns (Especially lightning), Griffins, and Rock Golems would be SO OVERPOWERED if you could breed them! Things like Rexes, Spinos, and even to a degree Gigas are NOT overpowered even with insane stats from breeding!

It's literally only manas. And I highly doubt you will disable breeding on them or something since most people would be upset.

Once again, my solution is to simply cap their stats

I say: 9,500 health, and 480 melee at pop is just the sweet spot. Before imprint. Stamina doesn't matter, let people breed it into oblivion. But melee and health have to be capped or in a few months the game will literally be unplayable in mid/late game pvp.

A more drastic thing you could do is simply: Manas are no longer breedable, only tameable, wild mana level increased to 190, every single tamed mana currently on the Ark is switched to a perfect 190 tame.

Although I think simply capping their stats would be fine and would cause less uproar.

Please Wildcard, I just want to be able to use Wyverns and Griffins again on official for once. You don't realize until you do something like this, nearly every creature you've added, and most of the creatures you will add will be useless. Just look at gen, you can't really use any of the creatures on Gen on any other map because of manas. I've been loyal to this game for so long, please do something.

Without entering too deep into the discussion I've used those 2400 manas in pve to kill wild gigas (80k hp) and I remember having to do 6-7 freezings at least to the giga to kill it, and I think it was before the last time that the mana was nerfed so Im pretty sure  the total damage a mana of that dmg can do in a single freezing if not interrupted is not near 50k.

(yeah, I've done that in oficial, with lag etc that make the numbers be less but still I think 50k its far from the total dmg a mana can do in the duration of the freezing in the best case).

1 minute ago, SENATOR said:

i get your point but , are you forgot ? do you remember those time in PVP when people made full metal cover around quetzal platform with turret full of ammo on top of it ?? so no one had a chance to fight back . that was unbalancing .but managarmr is something available for anyone . if someone used mana to kill you you can use mana to kill him as well . the only matter is you need to have good managarmr it on your side and its just need Extention dlc and much more time and effort.

Congratulations! You've missed the point. So you're saying that the mana should be the only creature ever used in PvP? Just forget about everything else? WHO CARES if you can also get a mana. It's the only thing in the game you can use

13 minutes ago, SENATOR said:

i get your point but , are you forgot ? do you remember those time in PVP when people made full metal cover around quetzal platform with turret full of ammo on top of it ?? so no one had a chance to fight back . that was unbalancing .but managarmr is something available for anyone . if someone used mana to kill you you can use mana to kill him as well . the only matter is you need to have good managarmr it on your side and its just need Extention dlc and much more time and effort.

By that logic boxed quetz was balanced too, because nothing stopped you from getting your own and exploiting it in same manner.

Archived