Last DLC on March 2021 (what to expect)

CamCam123

6 hours ago, LEDminer said:

Well, if I were to suggest something to make the game "dangerous" then that would be making the night actually scary.

If you don't play on super high settings, then the night will be bright enough for you to see everything. It makes it too easy. I'm not saying that they should make the night pitch black, but I think that dangerous creatures should emerge during the night.

For example, megalosaurus could spawn during the night on the surface. When day comes, they would go to sleep and despawn. Troodons could also receive a buff to their detection range, like it was when they came out...

Make the night great again!

I 100% agree with the excessive gamma control we have. They should only make Gamma 0 to Gamma 2 to adjust. They mess up PVE night with that excessive amount of gamma allowed. Renders all night vision ingame ITEMS useless. Also, takes a big part of the Survival aspect of the game. Nigh should be scary. 

Also, Maybe a different type of alphas should spawn at night. 

Alpha REx, raptor, and carno during the day. (CARNIVORES during day)

Alpha Trike, Bronto, and megatherium during night (Herbivores During night)

Would make it interesting I think. 

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, CamCam123 said:

I dont think they have to wipe anything out. Just leave what players have as it is.

So lets say they implemented flags that cover 100 foundations then, what happens when you have a solo player that has either a base bigger than 100 foundations, or they have 2 bases in different locations.

ARK then introduces flags, what happens to the second base, or what happens to the portion of base larger than 100 foundations?

You'd be foolish to think it wouldn't require a wipe to implement such a system.

we are on our way to the last DLC for Ark Survival Evolved when it comes to the main story Arc. 

That only says MAIN STORY, so there could be LOTS OF DLC with DIFFERENT TYPES, could be contents, could be dinoes, could be skins (like Conan), etc.

Imo they should combine all maps into ONE huge map like ATLAS. ATLAS does a very good job at combining servers into ONE MASSIVE HUGE MAP, it feels effortless when moving from 1 map/server to another, but maybe can't because there are too many servers of the same map lol, but if they manage to figure out to make all these maps stitched into one huge map, then that's much better.

Another take on the flag system is platform system. Like in Utopia:Origin, android game very similar to Ark, we can claim a land by placing a platform first, and if we want to expand, we have to "BUY" by submitting some materials which we have to grind, so people starting out cannot just claim land by using pillars. We can also Teleport our platform somewhere else if we want to move to another location. But maybe hard for Ark to use because we need massive land if we plan to play for long. 

Regarding flag system can also use several flags, so 1 main flag for main base, 5 more smaller flags for stations, like mining stations, trap, or whatever. stations. 

This is what utopia's platform base system like, we're given something by something platform to place on land. but it could be hard to implement, but its an idea, maybe still need to be tailored to fit in Ark.

maxresdefault.jpg

6 hours ago, GP said:

So lets say they implemented flags that cover 100 foundations then, what happens when you have a solo player that has either a base bigger than 100 foundations, or they have 2 bases in different locations.

ARK then introduces flags, what happens to the second base, or what happens to the portion of base larger than 100 foundations?

You'd be foolish to think it wouldn't require a wipe to implement such a system.

For the OG players you would just leave their bases. Ark devs shouldn't touch those. But the moment those OG players brake that base then that is when they have to start dealing with their new system. That is more what I meant. Start implementing that on the new player. Eventually the old will have to adjust to that. Also, it could start a new movement of communities rather than wasted big spaces for one single person to build a giant box (not that i have a problem with people with 0 base creativity lol very subtle shade to box builders lol).

Also, with the implementation of cryofridges and crypods the need of 1000x1000 boxes players make for "breeding" are not needed anymore.

Ark PVE lacks a community aspect for sure. This would also indirectly surely address that issue too. Also, it will stop the Ally abuse of building inside bases too. Just saying. It makes sense anywhere you put it. 

Also creates a reward system of if your tribe is big you get more options. Single less options. 

So as a player you would have to make a choice...being a part of a community/tribe or being solo and live around allies. 

I find this aspect very much ignored. 

Ignoring the whole development of cities/towns. 

just my opinion for sure. But i think it has many fair points. And it address most issues. 

Don't get me wrong. Players will always find loopholes. Is human nature to want to cheat to get an advantage. That will never change. But this suggestion address more issues than it would cause. 

1. Would prevent pillars immediately.
  2. Would promote advantages of being in a tribe.
  3. Rewards also solo players by rewarding having a community of allies.
  4. Stop allies from pillaring inside area.
  5. Stop leaving random structures around the map as such as traps
  6. And last but not least, it address Arks survival evolved lack of pushing players to interact with each other for a greater benefit than if they are relentlessly need to mess with each other.

As a side note: in addition to the flag system. If WildCard finds it too constricting they can allow players to build 20 peace structure outside of the flags. That allows for teleport travel for resources for players to have set around the map. Or they can make the teleport smaller. That thing is way too big in my opinion lol

4 hours ago, DonaldDuck said:

we are on our way to the last DLC for Ark Survival Evolved when it comes to the main story Arc. 

That only says MAIN STORY, so there could be LOTS OF DLC with DIFFERENT TYPES, could be contents, could be dinoes, could be skins (like Conan), etc.

Imo they should combine all maps into ONE huge map like ATLAS. ATLAS does a very good job at combining servers into ONE MASSIVE HUGE MAP, it feels effortless when moving from 1 map/server to another, but maybe can't because there are too many servers of the same map lol, but if they manage to figure out to make all these maps stitched into one huge map, then that's much better.

Another take on the flag system is platform system. Like in Utopia:Origin, android game very similar to Ark, we can claim a land by placing a platform first, and if we want to expand, we have to "BUY" by submitting some materials which we have to grind, so people starting out cannot just claim land by using pillars. We can also Teleport our platform somewhere else if we want to move to another location. But maybe hard for Ark to use because we need massive land if we plan to play for long. 

Regarding flag system can also use several flags, so 1 main flag for main base, 5 more smaller flags for stations, like mining stations, trap, or whatever. stations. 

This is what utopia's platform base system like, we're given something by something platform to place on land. but it could be hard to implement, but its an idea, maybe still need to be tailored to fit in Ark.

maxresdefault.jpg

not a bad suggestion for sure. My only question would be how far would a player be able to expand. There has to  be a limit on base expansion. I think that is one of the big problems in ark. and by expansion i dont mean how big the base is but how much SPACE  should a base take from the map. You know what i am saying?

But I don't mind this idea at all. Seems like a good idea for sure too! 

13 minutes ago, CamCam123 said:

not a bad suggestion for sure. My only question would be how far would a player be able to expand. There has to  be a limit on base expansion. I think that is one of the big problems in ark. and by expansion i dont mean how big the base is but how much SPACE  should a base take from the map. You know what i am saying?

But I don't mind this idea at all. Seems like a good idea for sure too! 

Imo they should start making people adapt to build vertical than horizontal, a 100 by 100 foundations is a huge place. If still need more can go UP, not making it bigger to 200x200 or even 300 to 300. Here in bog area in Genesis I saw some ppl building crazy high base , really huge, all metal, not complete yet but geez, I can't imagine how they're going to finish it.

Archived