Last DLC on March 2021 (what to expect)

CamCam123

Last DLC on March 2021 (what to expect)

We are near the end of 2020. Hell of a year, literally! But never the less we are on our way to the last DLC for Ark Survival Evolved when it comes to the main story Arc. 

Nearing the end of 2020 we are expecting a major Quality of Life Update which will make permanently ark 2x (which is activated at this moment as "Evolution Event" reason why we haven't had on saturdays and sundays an actual "Evolution Event"). 

However, I think it is important to talk about what we should expect from our last DLC and where is this Franchise going for those who are interesting in sticking with WildCard's game. 

Spoiler

Our last DLC will be GenesisPart2. Genesis Part 1 From where we last left of in the story We have woken up from a "simulation" in which we find ourselves in a spaceship heading somewhere unknown until our tentacle boss from Aberration grabs you and the scene ends.

(Side note)How is it that we end Extinction finally saving the Earth (where you see all the Arks land and the corruption finally cleaning up from the world) and we start genesis in a simulation. God dammit ark makes no sense 99% of the time if you ask me! :P 

Nevertheless, Genesis Part 2 should solve tackle some issues currently happening in ark from a technical standpoint.

Technical issue that should be before or when releasing Genesis Part 2 that I think are very important to fix:

• PVE should brake off from PVP updates. This means to start treating PVE as a Stand alone.
  • If adding new Dinos they should start thinking about making them have very specific abilities to separate them from the rest. Currently on ark dinos practically do the same thing with the exception of a handful. 
  • Genesis should allow Fliers on official servers. It makes no sense to prohibit flyers on official when server performance is so poor that the Spider (the main mount to travel from the actual map) can't travel properly due to lag or bad server performance. At least with a flier you are slightly safer when the server crashes or you get kicked out.
  • Rework/REdo on claiming land. Things that come to mind is how poorly this system is on ark. I do believe Ark needs a hard REDO or Rework on this. 
    Something that comes to mind to fix this issue would be to allow tribes to claim by flag. 

Here is my idea:
    Give each tribe flags. Each flag claims an Area of 100 by 100 foundation. This will force players to actually think where they want to claim. 
    Incentivize being in a tribe by only giving single/solo players in official to only have one flag available while tribes with more than 10 people  4 flags. 

• Add an economy system. Meaning, create a marketplace in which player can sell/buy dinos without having to transfer to other maps. The economy system is already a mod. This mod works well as of now in small clusters but actually putting time to work on this would change the face of ark I believe. Perhaps the mod we are waiting over all DLCs or anything in terms of actual Quality of Life.

With that being said, I am hoping Ark Genesis Part 2 good vibes so that Ark Devs actually release it on time and with all the remaining patches the game needs  (hopefully. Is ok to dream, Am I right? :P ). 

I hope that a lot of this issues are solved by the last DLC. It is pretty incredible that a lot of companies are releasing games with such abundant number of glitches or bugs as a complete game. And lately is not only Studio Wildcard but Major Studios like EA and Bethesda. It is not ok to sell games on BETA as Final Products and I honestly hope this changes. Or if they are with this many glitches or bugs to cut the prices on DLC and the game...which Wild Card is doing most of the time so my respects for that. 

On most days I see ark with an 80% discount on steam so I think they are doing well on that part. 

Wish you all the best my fellow players and Ark devs. May we continue Taming Unicorns and Dodos in the future!   

3 hours ago, CamCam123 said:

Genesis should allow Fliers on official servers. It makes no sense to prohibit flyers on official when server performance is so poor that the Spider (the main mount to travel from the actual map) can't travel properly due to lag or bad server performance. At least with a flier you are slightly safer when the server crashes or you get kicked out.

Maybe its not a matter of just allowing flyers. Bloodstalkers (and drakes on Abe) both suffered of the same problem, when the server is under a heavy stress their usage becomes almost impossible due to their abilities are not compatible with server low fps.

I just think they should have this in mind when designing creatures abilities and maybe do not force them to be synced with server (in pve) so the feeling when using them become different.

Add more than just two/four creatures at a time.  Is there something wrong with the game that you cannot add new wild dinos to older maps? 

The game veers away from a map survival game into a competition gaming game.  I want a world to live in not a game.  Would have liked one with seasons or cycles that changed with day/month/year.  Different dinos spawning at different times of the year.

You could do away with all the boss fights and highest high high level breeding manufacturing plants and I would be content.  I only like breeding when it emulates an old barn farm.  I only like bosses when actually roaming the world.  Not five house-humping titanosaurs wandering the beginner beach like curious dodo birds.  But as rare spawns in the higher level back of the map.  Limit how far they could be aggro pulled so no pve griefing.

The open part of the world map gets to easy in pve.  The dinos get predictable.  What seems awesome and fascinating when you first play ark is all the variety. Once you have learned all the dino's names there's nothing fun left to do.  

MAKE DINOS ATTACK EACH OTHER WHO IS CLOSEST TARGET TO THEM NOT PREFER ATTACK YOU THAT IS SO NOT IMMERSIVE

STOP PREDATOR SYMPATHY NO REASON WHY A CARNO AND REX SHOULD GET ALONG

tldr:  Want scary but not tedious.  Want simulated world to live in.

The world map itself needs livened up it is getting to dumbed down.  I have to go out of my way to find a Kaprosuchus just to remember what it's like to be afraid.  Never change that lizard's cat pounce.  I love him so much.

On 8/11/2020 at 9:18 AM, SENATOR said:

i didn't get your point ? ? adding an economy system like new page in inventory to seeing people orders and request in every server is nice but adding an economy system as AI to exchange resources with resources or dinos will destroy ark and ruin the PVP

march 2021 studio wildcard  will introduce ARK SURVIVAL 2 exclusive for  PC . XBOX ONE X SERIES AND PLAYSTATION 5. 

The economy mod is a suggestion for PVE. not PVP. Certain things are not meant for pvp like that. 

On 8/11/2020 at 2:38 AM, arkark said:

Maybe its not a matter of just allowing flyers. Bloodstalkers (and drakes on Abe) both suffered of the same problem, when the server is under a heavy stress their usage becomes almost impossible due to their abilities are not compatible with server low fps.

I just think they should have this in mind when designing creatures abilities and maybe do not force them to be synced with server (in pve) so the feeling when using them become different.

I kinna find dumb into blocking dino usage on servers like you do. If you bought all the maps you should have the option to use all dinos on each map. unless they fix completely server performance issues. 

Currently on Genesis PC server 602 official every time there is a volcano eruption most players crash. Which practically makes this map useless for farming element or suicidal inside if you go inside the volcano lol things like that make certain dinos useless. Not to mention lag overall in the game on official pc is pretty constant making dinos that fly super fast or move super fast unreliable and annoying to use. 

They can make this more manageable by letting everyone use a flying dino on all maps/servers. If they want to lock dinos in certain maps they need to address lag, constant crashing, and the fact that if they move too fast people still go inside other people's bases when base doesn't render fast enough.

I have a good gaming computer, and a big @$$ base didn't render fast enough and i was stuck in there just 2 days ago. Thank god the person by the grace of sweet baby jesus logged in seconds after that happened and let me out. ? 

54 minutes ago, Elgar said:

This update will occur in 13 days, on August 25, as officially confirmed.

Source : 

they are not following that schedule clearly as they have release some patches with some of  the things in the QoL update. I am guessing they will just leave the major stuff for that day. thanks for the info. but their PR is weird. IF only they did what they tweeted lol

1 hour ago, LEDminer said:

Personally I'll say no to breaking the game into two separate standalone games. There are simple ways to balance the two modes (such as having a different damage multiplier against players, so the damage against wild dinos says unchanged) and making the two separate would just make everything harder for them. Also, I don't want to have two massive games clogging up my computer space, unless they manage to squeeze the game down a bit.

As for any other game improving fixes, I suspect that we are getting some in the near future, along with player requested features (mantis breeding, something people have wanted since Scorched came out.)

perhaps i didnt explained my self well. I mean, have two different groups of people working on PVE and PVP. I mean, they are clearly making millions with this game. Why not just do it right, you know what i mean? o.O 

The gameplay for PVE and PVP should not be treated the same. Reason why all this bugs and exploits never end. One group working on two different things makes for a nightmare on any job. 

But my comments are directly aimed at official gameplay. I know rich people be paying  a ton of money to run ark smooth with mods and stuff. wouldn't mind paying 5 dollars a month if they did a better job lol 

I wouldn't mine a standalone/offshoot that was a survival game catered to a solo/single player experience, ala Subnautica. While I usually despise the kind of PvP that takes place on servers (especially considering the persistent nature of things means you could lose something in the middle of the night while sleeping because of a wee hours assault when most of your tribe was offline) I can't deny that avoiding it playing offline or in a PvE server leaves an obvious hole in the challenge and, frankly, fun comes with defending and assaulting bases. A version that might have NPC tribes that assault your stuff or that you and your friends/NPC tribemates can raid right back would be a lot of fun.

EDIT: adding on to that, a non-persistent setting where the game could keep track of the time between sessions (with a cap if you want it) and "play out" spoil/egg/breeding/spawn/etc timers and upkeep and so on to try and make a more "realistic" to server experience would be kinda nice too.

41 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

Well I mean they could do that, but considering that this game is reaching the end of its cycle (no more major content) they would probably focus on their next title more and leave a small team to cover this game.

The paid subscription to play on official servers has been discussed before. Personally I think it could work, but implementing it would be a huge task and given my previous statement, unlikely to happen.

But who knows what they'll do with this game. They could just abandon it and leave it out in the cold, or decide to extend the story and keep putting out DLCs.

oh no, i hope they don't leave this game in the cold. i don't know if people would be willing to give ARK 2 a try if they don't tight this game up. I mean, I did not bought Atlas exactly because i knew it was going to be a major failure which it is by wildcard (greapshot<<<<same people pretty much and i dont care what WildCard says lol). I can stick with Ark Survival Evolved if they keep at it. But I doubt people will buy Ark 2 with the same enthusiastic attitude as they bought Ark or those who gave Greapeshot/Wildcard a chance. I am pretty sure most of Atlas' players are back in Ark by now because then knew they #$%^ up lol

I hope they Keep at it with Ark. Ark needs to be an never ending game if you ask me. At least it would be the best chance they have at making money in the future. 

Statistics as of today: 

Average Active population for Ark:

Current Players         Peak

48,581                                  58,060   ARK: Survival Evolved

Average Active population for Atlas:

Current players         Peak

ATLAS    3,384        6,041    

I would make no sense to risk loosing 50 thousand active players after a massive failure like Atlas. 

As they say, "don't break something that is not broken". Hopefully they can see that. Minecraft understood that and i hope they do as well ?  

On 8/11/2020 at 2:12 AM, GP said:

From someone that played a lot on the Official Atlas servers when it first started i'd say hell no to this.

So you played Atlas, what was the problem with the flag system they used. Would be nice to hear how they mess up and how can that be improved. Seems like that system could work. 

I am guessing people had unlimited flag placement...was that the issue? 

Saw some videos...but, is better to hear it form people that actually used it on official Atlas.

15 minutes ago, CamCam123 said:

So you played Atlas, what was the problem with the flag system they used. Would be nice to hear how they mess up and how can that be improved. Seems like that system could work. 

Saw some videos...but, is better to hear it form people that actually used it on official Atlas.

i imagine it went something like this. people flag spammed the map and claimed the land as they came across it as they saw fit?? .... i never played atlas let alone watched any game play. but i picture it like pillar spam in my head. so no thank you lol

2 hours ago, CamCam123 said:

oh no, i hope they don't leave this game in the cold. i don't know if people would be willing to give ARK 2 a try if they don't tight this game up. I mean, I did not bought Atlas exactly because i knew it was going to be a major failure which it is by wildcard (greapshot<<<<same people pretty much and i dont care what WildCard says lol). I can stick with Ark Survival Evolved if they keep at it. But I doubt people will buy Ark 2 with the same enthusiastic attitude as they bought Ark or those who gave Greapeshot/Wildcard a chance. I am pretty sure most of Atlas' players are back in Ark by now because then knew they #$%^ up lol

I hope they Keep at it with Ark. Ark needs to be an never ending game if you ask me. At least it would be the best chance they have at making money in the future. 

Statistics as of today: 

Average Active population for Ark:

Current Players         Peak

48,581                                  58,060   ARK: Survival Evolved

Average Active population for Atlas:

Current players         Peak

ATLAS    3,384        6,041    

I would make no sense to risk loosing 50 thousand active players after a massive failure like Atlas. 

As they say, "don't break something that is not broken". Hopefully they can see that. Minecraft understood that and i hope they do as well ?  

Atlas was... special, and I don't think it makes a good baseline as to how a proper ARK sequel would be received (other than the scepticism players will have because of it) 

Unless they decide on even more DLC, best I can see happening after they've done what they think are enough bug fixes after Genesis part 2 is launched is more TLC updates and/or some official mods.

As for your earlier comments on separate PvE vs PvP balance, my understanding is that most developers being extremely hesitant to make separate changes all the time is partly due to coding and disk space issue (i.e. bloating the game with potential more bugs to boot, with a game that is already infamously bloated and buggy) and partly out of a fear of making the two feel too "different," which can sometimes frustrate players and make them hesitant to stick their toes into the other game mode, especially if they feel there is a big learning curve involved (though not the only reason it's largely dead, Warframe's Conclave PvP is a good modern example of that) If the balance issue can be fixed with a change that has a relatively small impact on the balance of the other game mode (which is almost always PvE, largely because you can be looser on balancing it than with PvP) it is easier to go with that, both as a coding problem and a "teaching the player how to play" problem.

• Volunteer Moderator
10 hours ago, CamCam123 said:

In the first pass of flags this was my land. There was no actual land left, and this was on the first day of the servers. It was so cramped I couldn't find a big enough place to do a poo behind a bush.

But the issues with flags, even after the second pass on them is a list miles long, so i'm just gonna leave it with don't even bother with it.

20181229164122_1.jpg

On 8/11/2020 at 4:45 AM, CamCam123 said:

(Side note)How is it that we end Extinction finally saving the Earth (where you see all the Arks land and the corruption finally cleaning up from the world) and we start genesis in a simulation. God dammit ark makes no sense 99% of the time if you ask me! :P 

Genesis is non-canon. It was even mentioned before the release if I remember correctly. ?

For Genesis Part 2 I wish we don't have to fight Rockwell again. His alpha-version was a nightmare for me as a solo-player! What I wanna see is more new stuff like weapons, tools, building parts and materials, as well as new creatures of course - but please let it be more than 5 this time (no, I don't count reskinned ones as new)! ? 

BTW: I'd totally buy Ark 2 if it was a pure primitive game with a lot of new creatures as well as iconic ones from the actual game like Rex, Spino, Triceratops, Mosasaurus, Bronto (after it hopefully got its TLC!!!), etc. and also a macro-element-system instead of just hunger and thirst.

My perfect game would be a hybrid of Ark & Green Hell! ? 

2 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

Genesis is non-canon. It was even mentioned before the release if I remember correctly.

Oh Genesis is canon what they said was that Genesis don't necessarily come after Extinction lorewise. And Rockwell has become the main villain in Ark due to him being in both Aberration, Extinction and Genesis. He also has a good story arc. The final boss will most likely be him again in Genesis Part 2 and he will be the hardest boss in the game. Remember Genesis part 1 is supposed to prepare us for Genesis part 2. Which hopefully means its gonna be hard as f but not as grindy with 3 difficulty missions I hope.

On 8/11/2020 at 3:18 PM, SENATOR said:

march 2021 studio wildcard  will introduce ARK SURVIVAL 2 exclusive for  PC . XBOX ONE X SERIES AND PLAYSTATION 5. 

This is 100% correct. As Wildcard have already teased a sequel for ARK and the time is now. ARK is 5 year old and both the game and the community needs some fresh blood and more potential players. I kinda hope it will be released in an alpha stage again because alpha was so much fun!

Suggestions for coming dlcs and ARK 2!

What I would like to see from both Genesis part 2 and ARK 2 is a even more living map. Genesis feels so much more alive than all other maps due to the constant map events in the different biomes. I mean the wonderful hulking poison mushrooms in the Bog, the whirlpools in the Ocean, the poison gas and lava eruptions in Volcano and the meteor showers in the Lunar biome.

Further on Wildcard has even succeeded well with the lighting on different assets in the Genesis part 1 that makes the game feel more living. As the bushes in Lunar or the underwater glowing corals in Ocean. Well done

I would like to see more hazardous fauna and enviroment such as boiling poison lakes where you can dive for rare stuff that you cant get anywhere else, for this you should need a new kind of diving equipment. I would like to see a ocean overhaul to make the sea great again, as it is now you dont even have to go into the ocean to get any resources because everything is gatherable on other maps.

Further I would like to see a new building tier that fills a function as adobe did on Scorched Earth. We also need tons of more engrams after level 100 as there is none today!

As they are now changing the rates to x2 from what it was I am concerned that the game will get to easy. I mean x2 xp and I will be lvl 100 in 3 days. Therefore we need new challenges in the higher levels.

I also do think that taming needs a overhaul of some kind. It is to easy to get kibble for all dinos since they changed the kibble system 2 years ago. I like what I see on Genesis on new different foods and taming methods. Some new methods should be implemented on the older dinos aswell to make the challange harder in future dlc and ARK 2

I would also like to see more weapons and especially a new armor type that is needed for venture into the harder parts of Genesis part 2 and ARK 2.

6 hours ago, GP said:

In the first pass of flags this was my land. There was no actual land left, and this was on the first day of the servers. It was so cramped I couldn't find a big enough place to do a poo behind a bush.

But the issues with flags, even after the second pass on them is a list miles long, so i'm just gonna leave it with don't even bother with it.

20181229164122_1.jpg

So in other words there was not a number of set flags but instead you can make as many flags as you can? That seems like a DILO where they thinking kinna moment. :o

My idea of a flag system would be only 1 flag for solo player with a claiming  distance of 100x100 foundation area.

For tribes bigger than 10 only 4 flags to claim a 100×100 area.

Definitely not an unlimited amount.  That is just unfair and clearly wrong. That is the kind of stuff that kills servers!

1 hour ago, SENATOR said:

that could be awesome . right now feels like lvl 100 is end for any character . for example after lvl 100 character will gain new engrams to unlock new tools not character stats.

I agree that we need more dangers for people over level 100.

If I can be honest there isnt enough content other than caves for artifacts and bosses.

I think they need to start taking more steps into making natural Parkour to get artifacts, more in-map bosses, and definitely more unique rewards when doing such things.

And I would also want to see not skins but more unique actual armors when doing particular challenges around the map.

There is an incredible amount of mods already made for different armors, clothes, and weapons. Kinna surprised they don't use some of those already.

• Volunteer Moderator
16 hours ago, CamCam123 said:

My idea of a flag system would be only 1 flag for solo player with a claiming  distance of 100x100 foundation area.

For tribes bigger than 10 only 4 flags to claim a 100×100 area.

Flags overlapped as well which caused major issues due to the game design.

If you start limiting flags you get equal number of problems. You limit to 1 flag per solo player, and 4 flags for tribes above 10 you'll find tribes reducing their numbers by splitting into multiple tribes with alliances created behind them so that they can have more than 4 flags.

You see the problem you have is you don't look for the loopholes in such systems, but there are a lot on official servers that do and they'll take advantage of it from day one.

Land claiming with flags will be just as toxic as land claiming with pillars/foundations. Why do you think Atlas only had 1400 average players prior to the recent official wipe.

On 8/14/2020 at 2:06 AM, GP said:

Flags overlapped as well which caused major issues due to the game design.

If you start limiting flags you get equal number of problems. You limit to 1 flag per solo player, and 4 flags for tribes above 10 you'll find tribes reducing their numbers by splitting into multiple tribes with alliances created behind them so that they can have more than 4 flags.

You see the problem you have is you don't look for the loopholes in such systems, but there are a lot on official servers that do and they'll take advantage of it from day one.

Land claiming with flags will be just as toxic as land claiming with pillars/foundations. Why do you think Atlas only had 1400 average players prior to the recent official wipe.

If I can be honest, I wouldn't be mad if ally system took a more major role in ark PVE if it means not having pillars/traps all around the map. 

At least in PVE PC most tribes in official are rarely bigger than 10 people. Except for those few Mega tribes which still exist. But if you are talking about a consistent basis most tribes have around 5 players anyways. But I can see why Atlas has a big issue. 

Now, my suggestions is only for PVE. The flag might work on PVE. I don't think it can work well on PVP for sure. 

• Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, CamCam123 said:

If I can be honest, I wouldn't be mad if ally system took a more major role in ark PVE if it means not having pillars/traps all around the map. 

At least in PVE PC most tribes in official are rarely bigger than 10 people. Except for those few Mega tribes which still exist. But if you are talking about a consistent basis most tribes have around 5 players anyways. But I can see why Atlas has a big issue. 

Now, my suggestions is only for PVE. The flag might work on PVE. I don't think it can work well on PVP for sure. 

But you are suggesting a major change for PVE when we know that the two modes are very much tied together. They are never going to be treated entirely seperately.

You are also suggesting that PVE servers are completely wiped for any such flag system to be installed. If you are not suggesting a wipe then you are suggesting a massive load of new official servers to have the flag system on.

You don't seem to think through the scale of what you are asking.

6 hours ago, GP said:

But you are suggesting a major change for PVE when we know that the two modes are very much tied together. They are never going to be treated entirely seperately.

You are also suggesting that PVE servers are completely wiped for any such flag system to be installed. If you are not suggesting a wipe then you are suggesting a massive load of new official servers to have the flag system on.

You don't seem to think through the scale of what you are asking.

I dont think they have to wipe anything out. Just leave what players have as it is. Eventually the overlap will happen. People move bases all the time from map to map or players quit. 

I also repeated in a previews comment that when I meant to have a PVE entirely separate from PVP was in terms of a separate system. I think any computer engineer or developer would know how to copy paste the main/source code being use to control both PVE and PVP and just lock it on PVE to have a totally separate group of people only controlling each. Would be sad if they didn't. lol

What is the worst thing that can happen? As long as they don't delete the main source is just worth a try, no? 

Archived