Problems With the Phoenix

HarveyyyMP

Suggestion

Problems With the Phoenix

Now the Phoenix is one of the hardest creatures to tame in Ark, and has very little use. Visually it is my favourite creature, but practically it is pretty useless, especially for PvP players. Being able to smelt metal and cook meat is a cool feature dont get me wrong, but its nothing we cant do in our base. In Mythology Phoenix's were known to have a few special features that weren't included in Ark. First of which being the fact that Phoenix's can carry massive weight loads, whereas in ark the Phoenix's weight is average, increasing the weight of the Phoenix will bring a bit more a use to it, and giving it a weight reduction for most materials (especially metal) will also give it that additional Value.

Next suggestion for the Phoenix is a new consumable called the "Phoenix Tear". A Phoenix tear supposedly had magical healing powers, adding a phoenix tear as a dino consumable would help Soakers in PvP, and other dinos for both PvE situations and PvP situations alike. I think it would massively change the way PvP would work and would help cetain creatures triumph against stronger creatures without the Phoenix tear. I believe it should work similarly to the veggie cake, where it heals the dino for 500 health, can only be consumed once every 30 seconds, and held in stacks of 5. Differently to the veggie cake it should be able to be consumed by all creatures apart from robotic creatures, like the Mek and enforcer. It should also give a health reduction effect for around 10 seconds, to give it more value than the veggie cakes for herbivore creatures. As this item would have so many buffs it would need to be rare, so Phoenixs should drop them once every 6-12 hours, and have a pretty low spoil timer, but can be maintained in a fridge. When the phoenix tear drops it will drop to the ground and be available to pick up for 15 minutes, and the Phoenix will make a cry when it is dropped to alert the player. A gacha can pick it up, but will only consume it if its low on health.

I hope these ideas get taken into consideration, but i doubt they will. 

phoenix.png

1 reply to this server topic

On 8/9/2020 at 7:31 AM, HarveyyyMP said:

would help Soakers in PvP

From what I've heard around here, this isn't something PvPers want. 

Honestly, it just needs better stats and a saddle. It's the final tame of Scorched and Wyvern stats are so much higher(Especially now that they're gonna get breeding). An obsidian saddle was hinted at when the Phoenix was in development, but was never added for some reason. 

Archived