Possibilities with Breedable Mantis

Thyme

Possibilities with Breedable Mantis

With a baby mantis shown in the most recent community crunch, I'm pumped to see what people will do with bred mantis. Now that they can be stronger and more disposable, I wanna see how a mantis will fair in PvP. Fighting players with a whip or club wielding mantis is pretty funny, but I still think they wont be tanky enough to be used seriously although sword mantis are definitely comparable to rhinos in damage at least.

I'm wondering what people will do with them when breedable, or if they will be an element harvester for the rest of time.

I never seen much more than a 2k hp Mantis but that could be alright for base defense.

I have a feeling vein nerf will follow closely as well. 500 to 600 straight element (not including shards and dust) with an unimprinted 500 melee Mantis. Breeders will have them hatching 1000 melee in short order.

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I never seen much more than a 2k hp Mantis but that could be alright for base defense.

I have a feeling vein nerf will follow closely as well. 500 to 600 straight element (not including shards and dust) with an unimprinted 500 melee Mantis. Breeders will have them hatching 1000 melee in short order.

Hatching 1000 melee is not possible with current stat clamping of 254 points per stat.

(254 pt melee would be 872,6%)

2 hours ago, arkark said:

Hatching 1000 melee is not possible with current stat clamping of 254 points per stat.

(254 pt melee would be 872,6%)

That depends on what you tame though right?

PS4, on market, currently has 272 melee but if they become breedable I am sure new hunts for stats will commence so unless there is a cap on their tameable melee, completely possible but I don't know, someone will find higher melee. Look at Deino's over 1200 melee on PC. Not sure where that started but roughly same idea. 

21 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

PS4, on market, currently has 272 melee but if they become breedable I am sure new hunts for stats will commence so unless there is a cap on their tameable melee, completely possible but I don't know, someone will find higher melee. Look at Deino's over 1200 melee on PC. Not sure where that started but roughly same idea. 

Mantis have very low melee per level so they're gonna be lower melee than most dinos even when mutated a lot.

7 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Deinos scale much more the dmg stat than mantis does, aproximately twice.

I.E. for a hatched 1200% dmg deino the breeder need to put 183 points on melee, and as I said before 872% dmg on mantis will be the cap of 254 points on melee.

To compair, valguero was released on ps4 on July 2019, so breeders in a year and a month have been able to bring the melee up to 1200% (183pt). If we assume they put the same effort, and the breeding time (which we dont know atm) its the same, in September 2021 there will be a mantis in the market with 663% dmg (183pt).

On 8/9/2020 at 1:33 AM, arkark said:

Deinos scale much more the dmg stat than mantis does, aproximately twice.

I.E. for a hatched 1200% dmg deino the breeder need to put 183 points on melee, and as I said before 872% dmg on mantis will be the cap of 254 points on melee.

To compair, valguero was released on ps4 on July 2019, so breeders in a year and a month have been able to bring the melee up to 1200% (183pt). If we assume they put the same effort, and the breeding time (which we dont know atm) its the same, in September 2021 there will be a mantis in the market with 663% dmg (183pt).

Also take into account the massive breeding event which sped up the Deino muts

Archived