Community Crunch 232: PC Server Transfers, Beginner Servers, & More!

StudioWildcard

8 hours ago, Greatchawhee said:

I noticed they had a giga on scorched map as the background.   Gigas  do not spawn on that map. Hopefully this is a hint that they are going to change up the spawn maps on scorched.  Or maybe an Ending and Ascension to scorched earth. Just a hope.

Nice catch! I didn't notice ? It'd be so cool if it was a secret teaser!

10 hours ago, Udam said:

MAN! i WANT ALL BUGS BREEDABLE!

I WANT MY CRAB ARMY! I WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD! I WILL LIVE IN THE WYVERN CAVES! I WILL EAT DRAKES EGGS! I WILL USES A MANAGARMER AS A AC UNIT! AND I WILL USES A MAGMASAURE AS A HEATER!

I know right?!?! I would even say I want all creatures breedable! I get the objection on official servers but there's a massive amount of players playing outside of the official servers and it would give us so much more to do! I want to refine breeding lines for every creature :D:D:D

If they can't - or won't - balance the creatures for breeding, at least make it an ini option so single player and all dedicated servers who want it can have it! There's soooo many of us.

At least start with all the creatures that it makes no sense they're not breedable. Looking at especially Araneo, Achatina, Dung Beetle, Lymantria, Onyc, Pulmononscorpius and Titanoboas. I mean, Araneo, Pulmo and Boas even lay eggs already!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zahlea said:

I know right?!?! I would even say I want all creatures breedable! I get the objection on official servers but there's a massive amount of players playing outside of the official servers and it would give us so much more to do! I want to refine breeding lines for every creature :D:D:D

If they can't - or won't - balance the creatures for breeding, at least make it an ini option so single player and all dedicated servers who want it can have it! There's soooo many of us.

At least start with all the creatures that it makes no sense they're not breedable. Looking at especially Araneo, Achatina, Dung Beetle, Lymantria, Onyc, Pulmononscorpius and Titanoboas. I mean, Araneo, Pulmo and Boas even lay eggs already!

Mantis is easy to make breeedable, its young looks like an adult with wing stubs instead of wings; all the others woud be even easier
As for Lymantria and Dung Beetles, it can open a literal can or worms since their young are larvae, not adult miniatures... Unless WC make it so or use miniature deathworms as larvae (last one is the easiest solution I can thing of ?‍♀️ )
Not even talking about their pupae ?

Edited by AstrihKonnash

lol I'd be happy if the Mantis was able to be tamed on each map with more than just Death worm horns, breeding them? Not overly crazy about that, there's enough already in the game that it's not necessary although it wouldn't be un-welcome.  Just looking at the current models in Ark makes me a little queasy, sure they look great, but we're not talking about low poly models here, and the more high poly models you introduce, the harder the game has to work to keep rendering those things. I think if anything they need to focus on game performance above introducing any more dinos and what nots. The game is frustratingly choppy to play on right now, every time I come from a game like World of Warcraft and start playing Ark again, I find myself very irritable with the lag spikes and performance. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zahlea said:

I could be mistaken, but I remember a year or two ago alot of the creatures were in fact breedable through a mod for those who were running singleplayer or unofficials. S+ may have allowed that but not overly sure which one it was, we ran 9 different mods.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 6:20 AM, Fetzen said:

Please make imprint to Account and no longer to char.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 9:59 PM, Billy166 said:

I second this. This will save so much time and can also help if a players looses his/her characters. Will help in the amount of work a GM has to do to restore a players character. Wild Card, please consider this.

Other then that great work and YES breedable insects!

I third this xD.  Will sure save a lot of GM time, also they should consider tek engram unlocks per account too, it will make us more daring to hop servers without the worry of loosing everything, you would only need to grind ur levels back up :) @StudioWildcard please read this!! :D 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rio4201 said:

I could be mistaken, but I remember a year or two ago alot of the creatures were in fact breedable through a mod for those who were running singleplayer or unofficials. S+ may have allowed that but not overly sure which one it was, we ran 9 different mods.

Thanks! I'll look for that. I'm 100% sure it's not S+ though because I run that mod :) It only changes things to do with building (although I suppose the "building" NPCs could be a grey area).

I'll check for it so thanks for the tip! Trying to keep my mods to a very minimum but always good to know what's out there.

6 hours ago, Zahlea said:

Thanks! I'll look for that. I'm 100% sure it's not S+ though because I run that mod :) It only changes things to do with building (although I suppose the "building" NPCs could be a grey area).

I'll check for it so thanks for the tip! Trying to keep my mods to a very minimum but always good to know what's out there.

Actaully it IS S+, and SS now. Both mods have an item called the Mutator. unlocked at the same time as you unlock the cloning chamber. it also allows for breeding of creatures not normally breedable

Edited by CatiasD
Clarification

16 hours ago, reddotjellytot said:

I third this xD.  Will sure save a lot of GM time, also they should consider tek engram unlocks per account too, it will make us more daring to hop servers without the worry of loosing everything, you would only need to grind ur levels back up :) @StudioWildcard please read this!! :D 

That probably wont be a thing at all, mainly because of hackers/cheaters or exploiters. If they do that temporal bans or dev wipes wont have sense on official anymore since they will be able to create a new char and have everything they had without and effort cuz lvl up is easy as just go out note run pick a dino and kill stuff

On 8/9/2020 at 3:50 AM, pange97 said:

Increase breeding rates on all official networks. It's grindy AF and nobody enjoys it. 

The other side of this argument is that there is already too much power creep on official.

It's hard to find the right balance that will make everyone happy.

Of course on our own cluster we match 3x taming with 15x breeding and it seems to be the right rate for most players. Something like this might be an official endgame idea when most bloodlines are maxed anyway.

Edited by singalty

You know when you have played this game since the start which is for me about 12 thousand hours ago. You hope that Patches help. They only help on a very small way and in some cases brake previews fixes.

But what bothers me the most is blocking flying dinos or some dinos specifically in some maps in official. Not because it doesn't make sense to block the fliers/dinos but because the dinos which they force you to use are terrible on those maps because maps run very poorly 50% of the time. Which then leads to servers becoming ghost towns. So in other words they are hindering their own servers. 

Example, Drake on Aberration. Excellent creature and you can see that they put a lot of effort into making it cool. But the map which forces you to use  it to this day still glitches the drake into the map foliage, if you fly fast enough you glitch into bases that do not render quick enough, and worst you don't have a second option of a good quick dino in that map.

Not to mention Genesis. Which you have 0 reason to not use a flyer. I mean, Skiffs should be block by that logic too if flying was a "bad thing". 

Would it make the missions easier? Hell yes. But now that they open transfer which mission is not easy?

The logic behind Ark Devs is amusing to say the least. But I hope they understand that the reason servers die is because they only focus on PVP oriented things 99% of the time. 

look how dead are things on PVE official PC Aberration, Scorched Earth, and centermap. That is on them. 

On 8/8/2020 at 9:50 AM, shadow71600 said:

nice to know we will be getting wiped on the 25th! dino stats on the official network have been bred too high, anyone on crystal who isn't already established on a main server will not survive the onslaught of pretty much dedi stat dinos, it's a sad but true fact
wildcard should consider a wipe, dinos popping with 1500 melee is just a little high for new tribes to stand a chance huh

it's FAR WORSE than you may think, there is a breeding exploit that was reported and as usual ignored by wildcard devs. that exploit was even supported by wildcard dev CEDRIC (perhaps unknowingly).

On top of that the exploiters not only have dinos with crazy stats but they also sell them on the black market making ark pay2win as a matter of fact.

honest players don't stand a chance in this rigged game.

there is only one simple fix to make pvp fair again, wipe all servers and permanently disable server transfer.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2020 at 7:16 PM, Sachadog said:

There is an error en the beginner servers, since it only allows to reach lvl 24, not 44.

image.png

True, its probably because of the Chibis, which added +5 max level, and the release of Genesis which added +15 max Level for the player. Something might be wrong in the server config. Would be cool if they fixed it.