Having problem with mutations

Mafoo

Having problem with mutations

Hey all,

So I'm new to the game, got it for free with the Epic games deal a few months ago and have been playing nothing but single-player since. Just got into breeding and I've watched a few videos and read a few posts about it on here so I think I relatively know what I'm doing.

However, recently I started a breeding project with a couple Gigas, both lvl 359, and I'm very confused by some of the offspring produced... I've got multiple eggs hatch to differently coloured gigas from the parents (implying a mutation) however the only stat which is different from the parents is the torpidity stat which has in fact decreased! I know usually if the only stat that changes during a mutation is torpor, that means there was a wasted speed mutation, but I thought this would still increase the torpor, not decrease it (I'll write the gigas stats at the bottom along with the parents). This has happened on 3 separate occasions now with giga breeding and I have no clue what the problem is. On a side note these 3 have also been the only mutations I've got in about 3 days of breeding, and to my knowledge they all appear to be wasted speed mutations. Any suggestions to what may be the issue, or is my RNG just awful, please do let me know, thank you. 

Parent1 lvl 359, colour is light brown: Health=18960     Stam=411.4     Oxy=174.8     Food=4520      Weight=1139      Melee=325     Torpor=224800

Parent2 lvl 359, colour is dark green: Health=18960     Stam=410.8     Oxy=173.3     Food=4430      Weight=1384     Melee=289.1    Torpor=224800

Child lvl 334, colour is light blue:        Health=18960     Stam=410.8     Oxy=173.3     Food=4430      Weight=1139     Melee=289.1    Torpor=211600

Stats you provided show that you was unlucky and child got worst stats from both parents. That explains why its level(and as such a torpor too) decreased.

When you see new color, but no stat change it could be speed mutation or, lets call it camouflaged mutation. Say dad has 10hp and mom has 8hp. Child initially inherits mom's 8hp, but then mutation increases its hp by 2 points to 10hp and now it looks like baby just got hp from dad.

13 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

Stats you provided show that you was unlucky and child got worst stats from both parents. That explains why its level(and as such a torpor too) decreased.

When you see new color, but no stat change it could be speed mutation or, lets call it camouflaged mutation. Say dad has 10hp and mom has 8hp. Child initially inherits mom's 8hp, but then mutation increases its hp by 2 points to 10hp and now it looks like baby just got hp from dad.

Ok thank you, this makes sense. So the torpor fell because overall the stats were worse than the parents, even tho it probably got a boost from the wasted speed mutation.

Quick extra question then, how long on average does it take to start breeding 15-20 mutation Gigas, say if I just started breeding them?

18 minutes ago, Mafoo said:

Quick extra question then, how long on average does it take to start breeding 15-20 mutation Gigas, say if I just started breeding them?

Not sure I understand the question.

Best case scenario - you get desired mutation from hatch on male baby, so +14 days before it's adult and you can mate it with your fems. If you get desired stat mutation on fem baby then you will need to raise it and transfer to male before continuing. While you raising this fem you should probably keep hatching, it will still be faster if you get same result on male and don't have to wait for fem to grow up.

If you meant number of fems you need then it's 100 and above I think. Better have more due to very long maturation time. On rexes I had at least 1 desired stat mutation on each hatch of ~120 eggs. Just a couple of failed batches.

After hitting 20 mutations on male it went noticeably slower.

Archived