how is player theft handled by WC?

invision

i was removed from a tribe without any warning and was promised to have all my animals and items returned, but then they changed their mind and kept the animals i raised and all of the items in my vaults and the 2 skiffs i built. these were players i knew for a year and was completely blindsided by this. will WC actually help in these situations or am i going to be out of luck?

this is why i normally play solo tribe so this wouldnt happen but i knew these 2 players for a long time and thought they wouldnt do kind of thing, but i guess you just never know.

7 hours ago, Piffguru said:

You will get no help from this situation, learn from this and dont trust people in the future.

If this was PvE that's a terrible answer, they're not in competition with other players. This is the fault of the people who lied to them, they deserve their stuff back. Your answer reminds me of the thread about the GM who said "you should secure your animals" in response to the gasbags exploit, which has thankfully been fixed. If this was PvP, then your response is more or less reasonable, it's still not nice (especially after over a year of being in the tribe), but the enemy was using a resonable war tactic.

52 minutes ago, DodoRaptor said:

If this was PvE that's a terrible answer, they're not in competition with other players. This is the fault of the people who lied to them, they deserve their stuff back. Your answer reminds me of the thread about the GM who said "you should secure your animals" in response to the gasbags exploit, which has thankfully been fixed. If this was PvP, then your response is more or less reasonable, it's still not nice (especially after over a year of being in the tribe), but the enemy was using a resonable war tactic.

This answer was for PVE or PVP, and its just the reality of the situation. It would be nice of the devs would provide more support but they do not in situations like these. Therefore learn from it and dont make the same mistake twice is the only solution.

If you are determined as much as I am I would go tame 20 bronto's mesh their tails inside the base and leave them there until they give me my dinos back. It's hard to do anything when you have 20 swinging Bronto tail moving in all directions all inside a box. Depending on how the the tribe was set up when you joined I don't believe there's a way to unclaim a Tek skiff. Maybe Park a Bronto on the tek skiff.

this was PVE and a GM told me nothing he can do regardless of evidence which i find a pretty crap answer since i have pics that show them saying they have my animals and items

To them it is allowed as it is not against the coc, the dinos u tamed and items u have belong to the tribe, even if u tamed them yourself.

If you are determined as much as I am I would go tame 20 bronto's mesh their tails inside the base and leave them there until they give me my dinos back.

More like get reported and dinos deleted, maybe base wiped too.

8 hours ago, millwight said:

If you are determined as much as I am I would go tame 20 bronto's mesh their tails inside the base and leave them there until they give me my dinos back. It's hard to do anything when you have 20 swinging Bronto tail moving in all directions all inside a box. Depending on how the the tribe was set up when you joined I don't believe there's a way to unclaim a Tek skiff. Maybe Park a Bronto on the tek skiff.

And doing this WILL get you reported and action taken against you as this action IS specifically against TOS. Dont do this.

I can sympathize with GMs not wanting to get involved in something like this. How do they know what kind of arrangements you had with these guys over the years? There's usually two sides to a story. You call it theft, but perhaps in the tribe owners mind you were simply one of his/her grunts grinding out stuff for a tribe that was never your own. Since kicking you out of the tribe is well within the accepted game play norms of pve, and in no way against coc, you will have no recourse no mater what conversation you have pics of. GMs can't and shouldn't get involved even if the evidence is strong. Otherwise they would be involved in arbitrating a whole new level of tribe conflicts, where imhop they don't belong. Your best bet is to be respectful in chatting with the people who have "your" dinos. Try to make them understand your point of view, and see if they will willingly give some of them back. If not perhaps some benevolent third party will give you some spares. Probably wont make you whole, but it'd beat starting from scratch. For me part of the pve game meta, is the chatting, the arbitrations, the accusations, etc. If you're not interacting with the other people in the pve world, you might as well be playing solo or something. Complain loudly, but not obnoxiously at your offenders in global, and in a way that will turn other tribes to your side.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 8/6/2020 at 2:06 PM, invision said:

While this is an unfortunate situation, this is a dispute between players that should be resolved between players and Wildcard won't get involved. From a technicality point of view they didn't steal anything. As owners, they rightfully own everything belonging to that tribe. Unless they used any kind of exploits there is nothing to be reported and you are indeed out of luck. The best advice I could give you is to make sure the tribes you join are set to "personally owned" so that your creatures and everything you build is bound to your character even if it leaves the tribe.

The best advice I could give you is to make sure the tribes you join are set to "personally owned" so that your creatures and everything you build is bound to your character even if it leaves the tribe.

Based on personal experience a few years ago, personally owned structures and dinos dont follow the character if the character chose to leave the tribe, but they do if the character is kicked out of tribe.

Archived