Admin spawned fertilized Rock Drake eggs disappear when dropped. Solution ?

Elgar

Admin spawned fertilized Rock Drake eggs disappear when dropped. Solution ?

Hi, I'm the admin of a private dedicated Crystal Isles server. We would like to be able to tame Basilisks which are naturally present on Crystal Isles, but in a way involving player "work" and without using console tame commands. Players have to steal Wyvern eggs in the trench, and I will give them 1 fertilized Rock Drake egg for every Wyvern fertilized egg they will bring to me.

Anyway, problem is every Rock Drake egg I spawn instantly disappears when I drop it. I use this command found on the wiki :

cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/Aberration/Dinos/RockDrake/PrimalItemConsumable_Egg_RockDrake_Fertilized.PrimalItemConsumable_Egg_RockDrake_Fertilized'" 1 0 0

Am I missing something ?

Server is vanilla and will remain vanilla, so a mod is not an option.

Thanks in advance for your help !

Under the notes for wyvern egg on ark wiki:
Wyvern Eggs spawned in with commands will disappear as soon as they are dropped, and thus cannot be hatched. This is due to the egg having little to no health on the command-spawned egg; if it is dropped in an area where it can incubate and the health does not deplete, it can hatch. A Wyvern hatched in this manner will always be level 1.

I assume its the same for drake eggs.

Thank you guys for your answers, much appreciated. Ok so, unfortunately, no way to tame a Basilisk on Crystal Isles by spawning a fertilized egg. That's a shame. :(

By the way, I found on the wiki an "Eggs" page which says the same thing that @Castlerock found :

The only exception to fertilized eggs would be the Wyvern, Rock Drake, Deinonychus, and Magmasaur, none of which can be tamed in the wild and their fertile eggs must be obtained from the wild nest.

Said eggs spawned in with commands will disappear as soon as they are dropped, and thus can not be hatched. This is due to the egg having little to no health on the command-spawned egg; if it is dropped in an area where it can incubate and the health does not deplete, it can hatch. Any creatures hatched in this manner will always be level 1 due to absence of Maternal and Paternal details.

Source : https://ark.gamepedia.com/Eggs

Archived