Industrial Grinder

Penguin73

1 hour ago, wizard03 said:

not sure if you want to build an industrial grinder, or just find a tropegnathus…...they grind stuff up too. However Im not sure if they are as efficient as a industrial grinder....might be more resourceful to go that route, but if not, screw building a grinder since you can ride a jet powered grinder. XD

Thanks, Wizard.  Very cool. I haven't read much about the Trope yet and haven't taken the time to look for them either.  Perhaps I should.  Good info.

Trope does not give back as much as industrial grinder. 

Grinder has a grind all function.

Poly is returned as organic poly.

Material's are based on loot type and quality. 

Scuba leggings are amazing for poly

The xp function was not working as of 27 hours ago, I tweeted Ced and Dollie. I haven't tried since. (PS4)

11 hours ago, Penguin73 said:

Thanks, Wizard.  Very cool. I haven't read much about the Trope yet and haven't taken the time to look for them either.  Perhaps I should.  Good info.

I am on an xbox x, we found ours near the green obelisk on the island map. It was in the open field by the river and waterfalls and the end of the swamp.....Its kinda nice when you fly out to a supply drop, and get yet anouther pachy saddle XD

Word of warning, there are 3 ways of speed tameing it.....shoot it with multiple large bolas, shoot it in the foot and hurt it a lil bit, and make it chase you a bit. I went with shooting it in the foot and it worked perfectly!

• 11 months later...

The grinder is most usefull for people that play a lot and plan on playing for a long time and people that go for "loot crates" and stuff like that. When you go for drops all the time you end up with tons of extra structures, saddle, and items and grind them all up into free resources. People act like grinders are for "structures you accidently built and now have no need for." When in reality grinders are used for "extra loot crate stuff" You get and don't need. I'm talking from a pve perspective. On PvP obviously it would have different uses. But for pve loot crate extras the industrial grinder is great! Especially on gen 2 since the loot crates are beefed up! On gen 2 it's definitely worth it to have an industrial grinder!

I'll echo what Moded said. On Gensis 2 it's a mandatory build alongside your replicator and indy forges. My tribe debated on building one for the longest because of the high poly cost. One run through of the extra things we got from drops paid triple in organic polymer of what we used to make it. It's nice to throw all the extra stuff you get from the drops you are never going to use and get something out of them. 

Agree with others.... Grinder is a glorious addition.

I'd say the weakest material on Gen2 is poly. All the Tek stuff needs lots of poly. Yes, you can make hard poly in respectable qty with Obsid run when the space biome is favorable... but, it isn't like having a desert full of Mantis or the CI honey cave.

However, Gen2 is the hands down best drop map. Add in a grinder, and you have on demand organic poly horde... with more cementing paste than you would need.

Plus, when you are over 100 level and don't want to do alpha hunts to level, you can load up the grinder with stone and let it rip.

On 8/5/2020 at 1:19 PM, yekrucifixion187 said:

The xp function was not working as of 27 hours ago, I tweeted Ced and Dollie. I haven't tried since. (PS4)

Were you doing "Grind All" or queuing the grinding normally?

I'm asking because I see comments like yours on a regular basis and in every case I've see it's because people were doing "Grind All" which doesn't give XP. Once they started queuing up the grinding normally they started getting XP again.

Archived