my story

UpsideD0wngam3r

my story

My tribe m8 and I started out on the isles. We had 200-250 pillars placed down for 2-3 years (along with several buildings) and made a lot of friends on the way. We had both lost items, structures, and tames all along the way; but despite the countless losses, we kept coming back and playing, never giving up. Finally all seemed to be doing better when one day the dev. (ARK GM) team came on and deleted a lot of structures stating in the tribe log we were blocking players. If this was the case, though, why did they only just do this recently instead of way back when we started playing long ago? They (the dev. team) never gave us a clear answer as to why this happened, however, so we will no longer be playing ARK or any other WC games unless we get an answer on why they did this. We spent a lot of time and money on ARK only to get treated badly. Tell us then, developers, how would YOU feel to spend all this time, effort, and money to play a game only to have it all taken away in an instant. I imagine it would hurt very badly, wouldn't it?!?!? Why do you treat you players like this, then? ARK developers, please tell me what we did wrong! Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this, by the way.

Ark survival evolved codes of conduct

PvE Specific Griefing

> Game Blocking - you are not allowed to block other tribes from playing the game on PvEservers. This can include but is not limited to:

• Building at their base

• Blocking in other tribes dinos

• Blocking access in/out of a tribes base

• Obstructing pathways or waterways for the purpose of denying another tribe access

• Blocking access to important resources (ie. charge nodes, gas nodes, Extinction City Terminals, etc)

• Intentionally filling the server tame limit via spamming tames (such as Dodo, Jerboa, or easy to ‘tame and maintain’ dinos) and/or rafts

• Leaving tames inside of caves or on obelisk teleportation platforms

• Leaving tames in mission areas or blocking mission areas with tames

> Structure Spamming - placing structures down such as pipes or wires for the purpose of disrupting others gameplay is against our code of conduct.

> Intentionally using wild creatures to destroy a player's assets when not in a tribe war.

GM intervention may be necessary if your structure or creature is negatively impacting a server (ie. you block off a large portion of the map so that other members of that server cannot access it).

• 2 weeks later...

Someone on your map is clearly not happy with you.  You have broken the rules, they turned you in and  you got caught.  Don't cry.  Does it suck that so much of your time and effort in this very lengthy game was washed away in the blink of an eye.  Absolutely.  But if you have been playing this game for as long as you say please don't tell us you didn't know that rule. 

I have been playing for only 6 months.  All of it solo and even I know that rule.  There seems to be a story like yours every week in this forum.  It saddens me that people cannot govern themselves in a game; don't know right from wrong; have no sense of sportsmanship; feel they have to cheat at the expense of others for the right to call themselves alphas.

Sorry if this seems directed only at UpsideDOwngam3r.  It is not.  But if you are someone who has played for several years then you should be pretty darn good at this game by now.  So why, why, why do you continue to skirt the rules?  Do the noobs frighten you?  Is that how you win?  cheating?  You all, "that have played for years and are so great," should be the ones setting the example and leading this game into a better place, creating a better community. Not acting like trailer trash and pillaring the countryside.  If this description fit you... change.  Fight for what is right.  Fight for the right to play right.  Be a champion, not a chump.

Please stop crying.  Start leading.

Archived