Dododex v2.3 Now Available: Breeding Timers & Stories

danleveille

Dododex v2.3 Now Available: Breeding Timers & Stories

Hey guys! I just released a new update to Dododex!

Here's all the new features in the latest version of Dododex on iOS and Android:

Breeding Timers

Thanks to everyone's feedback earlier this year! Breeding timers are now here! I'm really happy with the way these turned out -- based on a ton of feedback from users, including an extensive survey. Please note that this is the first version, so let me know if you run into any bugs!

Dododex Stories

This new tips category lets you share memorable moments, wild encounters, or even fan fiction about your favorite dinos. A lot of players have been sharing amazing ARK stories through Dododex, so I created a specific category for them.

WHAT'S NEW:

• Spawn maps directly linked on each creature profile
  • Categories now indicate if a creature spawns on each map or not
  • Carryable by: Tropeognathus
  • Translation updates (Spanish, Chinese, Arabic)
  • Absolute weapon damage (for ARK Mobile)
  • Major performance improvements across the app
  • Kibble recipes have a larger scroll area to see more dinos at once

Over-the-air updates that happened since the last update:

• Crystal Isles Maps
  • Primitive Plus support
  • Trophy requirements for bosses

BUG FIXES:

• [iOS] Finally(!) fixed issue where app would reset every ~30 seconds or so.
  • (Initial reports confirm that this is fixed, but if you run into the issue, please let me know! This has been the most annoying bug.)
  • [iOS. Previously fixed on Android] Increasing a recipe’s quantity would multiply the ingredients exponentially
  • Other minor updates and bug fixes

zTSXx98.jpg

I use android. Will the new taming timers take affect once they do a permanent switch? 

I just tamed a level 20 Carno and it took 3 kibble and 11 minutes instead of 5 kibble and 19 minutes which was the rate before this last update. 

I do know they haven't coded that in permanently yet and are instead adjusting the ini which could explain the discrepancy.

Great work on this. So helpful over the years.

17 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I use android. Will the new taming timers take affect once they do a permanent switch? 

I just tamed a level 20 Carno and it took 3 kibble and 11 minutes instead of 5 kibble and 19 minutes which was the rate before this last update. 

I do know they haven't coded that in permanently yet and are instead adjusting the ini which could explain the discrepancy.

Yes, I will be updating Dododex once ARK updates the multipliers, but this hasn't happened yet.

Regarding the Carno -- are your multipliers correct? Are we currently on an evolution event? Not sure. It definitely isn't the permanent change yet, since that hasn't happened. 

53 minutes ago, danleveille said:

Yes, I will be updating Dododex once ARK updates the multipliers, but this hasn't happened yet.

Regarding the Carno -- are your multipliers correct? Are we currently on an evolution event? Not sure. It definitely isn't the permanent change yet, since that hasn't happened. 

They said they would run 2x on taming, harvest, and xp like a permanent evo event using the ini until they made the change permanent so that is what it is.

Thanks

50 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

They said they would run 2x on taming, harvest, and xp like a permanent evo event using the ini until they made the change permanent so that is what it is.

Thanks

Yes, but they said this change would happen in the "next major update" and that the last patch was a minor update.

9 hours ago, danleveille said:

So happy to hear that! Thanks, guys! As always, more features and updates will be coming! :)

Hey dan I’ve used your app for so many things and it has helped a lot.  I have 2 ideas for you if you want to hear them: 

: one is a x dino list (all dinos that have a x version) and : two what dinosaurs will attack other knocked out Dinos 

thanks, bigchingus7890

3 hours ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

Hey dan I’ve used your app for so many things and it has helped a lot.  I have 2 ideas for you if you want to hear them: 

: one is a x dino list (all dinos that have a x version) and : two what dinosaurs will attack other knocked out Dinos 

thanks, bigchingus7890

Thanks for the suggestions! Yeah, I've been considering adding a "Has X-Variant" and "Has Tek Variant" category. I'm just really careful of adding new categories since they are a ton of work to manage. A lot of the reports I get from users are X dino should be on X list, so it eats up a lot of my time.

what dinosaurs will attack other knocked out Dinos -- This would be a ton of work to manage all of that data. 170 dinos, each with a yes/no for 170 other dinos, means 28,900 new data points I have to manage and deal with error reports and testing about. 

There's a lot of features I'd love to add, I just try not to spread myself too thin, otherwise I can't build new features because I spend too much time managing the data and responding to reports and questions from users.

Archived