Best dino weight

krawezyk

Basilisk or highly mutated Quetzal. 

Sometimes it makes sense to use dino's based on their weight reduction capability though.

For example; An 800 wt Argy will hold the same amount of ingots as a 1600 wt Quetz because they reduce ingot wt by 50%.

Basilisk is top for hauling stone because it gets very amazing weight plus reduces stone by 75%. 

Basilisk is probably the best weight without needing a ton of breeding. I have one that tamed out at around 3600 weight and it currently has just shy of 11,000 wt.

Megachelon by far, but its too slow to even consider hauling resources with. Gasbags hold almost as much though and can fly pretty fast on top of that. If you want something easy to get, an argent has good weight and weight reductions on most raw materials. All these dinos are breedable.

The tek hover skiff has 16k weight, can pick up large dinos, and is the fastest thing in the game. Expensive but better than any dino. 

If you're harvesting resources near base use a karkinos, it can pick up and toss your resource haresting dinos around no matter how much they're holding. Effectively infinite weight. On abberation you can fill your anky with 500 slots of raw metal by chucking from rock to rock.

• 2 weeks later...

It's going to be situational depending on where you are in the game, both in experience/level and if you are in a tribe. The skiff is great if you can unlock it, build it, and keep it fuelled in element.

If you're solo, and Argie beats most things. I high level tame will get you going, but a good imprinted raise will be amazing with weight levels in excess of 7000.

If you are playing solo you can then pick up ankys and drop them on metal nodes to exploit their metal weight reduction, then pick up doeds and fly them over stone to harvest.

The Astrocetus also has a high weight if I remember it correctly.

But the saddle is near impossible for players that are not playing in big groups to unlock or get through a crate anyways so I guess only a few players will ever be able to ride the Astrocetus. WC should give us the engram at lvl 105 to unlock or add it to Moeder boss.

Sad as the Astrocetus was the big bait for the Genesis part 1 Dlc.

Archived