Help a newer player out please?

EmberLake

I’m level 35 playing mobile Ark Survival Evolved. 
first off- is this a bug/glitch I need to be aware of? I had two parasaurs- my male was level 18 and my female was level 12. I’ve had them since a few days from the start of my playing the game. I also had two dilos- male was level 19, female was level 15. Now I’ve progressed fairly slowly due to having a family to tend to and a job as well, so I generally only play in the evenings when the kids are in bed and hubby and I are relaxing on the couch together. 
I’m not entirely sure where I am on the map but it’s an easier area- largest predator is a spino but he keeps to the water for the most part and doesn’t bother me. It’s a strip of grassland with rocks and trees with beach and water on either side. So long story short a Bronto has been cruising the island for quite some time and she has never bothered me or been aggressive. Out of the blue- no way was she provoked in any way- she killed all my animals and rocketed me out to sea where I got killed by something in the water- no idea what it was. From where I was standing in comparison to her, there is no way her tail should have been able to reach me. 
im confused- glitch, or is this something to be aware of? i have many animals in real life and I was soooo upset to lose my pack. I put a lot of time and effort into them. Super bummed. 

aaand I have another super newbie question- thank you if you’ve made it this far into this post lol- I have horses in RL so I’m considering taking on the Equus quest here but I tried it a while back and I couldn’t locate them for the life of me. It didn’t register as a locator on the map (where it tells you direction and distance to what you’re looking for). Any clue where most of them are found? I don’t read their map very well. 
 Thank you to anyone who reads my novel and answers my questions! ?

The bronto glitch seems pretty odd. Did you happen to put one of your dinos on the aggressive setting? It may have attacked the dino, therefore killing all your dinos in the process. Brontos have very far reach and since ark is already pretty broken the tail doesn't actually have to hit you. It just needs to hit near you. If the bronto WAS too far away it is definitely a glitch, or if you were on a multiplayer PVE/PVP server it is likely you were just lagging. About the eqqus, they tend to spawn most to the left of the volcano on your map (middle far left).

@AustiiTV thank you! That is super helpful! To my knowledge they were not set to aggressive but since they’re gone now, I can’t be completely sure I didn’t accidentally hit something while doing something with them to turn one on for aggressive behavior. I’m not on multiplayer and there was at least the entire length of her tail, possibly more, between me and the tip of her tail- so maybe it was just that she was close and able to hit near me like you said! 
Also thank you for the tip on the horses ?

On 8/2/2020 at 6:23 PM, EmberLake said:

I’m level 35 playing mobile Ark Survival Evolved. 
first off- is this a bug/glitch I need to be aware of? I had two parasaurs- my male was level 18 and my female was level 12. I’ve had them since a few days from the start of my playing the game. I also had two dilos- male was level 19, female was level 15. Now I’ve progressed fairly slowly due to having a family to tend to and a job as well, so I generally only play in the evenings when the kids are in bed and hubby and I are relaxing on the couch together. 
I’m not entirely sure where I am on the map but it’s an easier area- largest predator is a spino but he keeps to the water for the most part and doesn’t bother me. It’s a strip of grassland with rocks and trees with beach and water on either side. So long story short a Bronto has been cruising the island for quite some time and she has never bothered me or been aggressive. Out of the blue- no way was she provoked in any way- she killed all my animals and rocketed me out to sea where I got killed by something in the water- no idea what it was. From where I was standing in comparison to her, there is no way her tail should have been able to reach me. 
im confused- glitch, or is this something to be aware of? i have many animals in real life and I was soooo upset to lose my pack. I put a lot of time and effort into them. Super bummed. 

aaand I have another super newbie question- thank you if you’ve made it this far into this post lol- I have horses in RL so I’m considering taking on the Equus quest here but I tried it a while back and I couldn’t locate them for the life of me. It didn’t register as a locator on the map (where it tells you direction and distance to what you’re looking for). Any clue where most of them are found? I don’t read their map very well. 
 Thank you to anyone who reads my novel and answers my questions! ?

I played mobile for a long time and horses were easily tamed after I had 3 trikes to protect me while I tamed it

edit:  right below green ob is where I found mine

Archived