Bee-Queen-Trap Question

Zapha

Bee-Queen-Trap Question

Ya, capturing a bee queen is a nerve-wracking adventure and I did it several times on Valguero. But on Crystal Isles it's really hard. No hives on the ground and only in the Redwood. I failed several times with the hunt and decided to build a trap at a tree with two hives. Metal tree platform and a metal cage below it. It worked but the Queen was bugged and didn't eat the last flower, so I killed her. I waited for respawn but only one empty hive respawned and then since many days no more respawn.

Today I built another trap and, yeah, finaly I got a hive. I need a second queen and would like to know if hives respawn on trees with a platform on it. Or if the cage prevents respawn or if I only had bad luck with the respawn.

Anyone has experience with such traps, please?

in valg im using Dire bear because its very helpful you will not dismounting after bees attacked you .but i never tried tree platform and cage in Redwood . nice to know tanks .

2 hours ago, Zapha said:

if the cage prevents respawn or if I only had bad luck with the respawn

i found hive 4 foot top of ground on stone bridge so i made wooden structure to have access the hive after i destroyed it i didn't demolish the structure and even after 1 week hive never respawn again .

3 hours ago, Oldster said:

was was going to use this technique as well, can you confirm that the queen falls to the ground immediately after exiting The Hive, or does she fly far enough above walls at the base of the tree to get out?

Without cage she usually keeps the height of the hive and fly away. Makes it in Redwood impossible to feed her or to make a transmitter on her. You have to follow her and constantly look at her or you will lose her. And then you get attacked from the predators you don't see ...

The platform snaps short over the hive. From there I build a pillar downwards until I can place a ceiling short below the hive (~ 3 walls between ceiling and platform). The difficulty is to stuff the holes near the round tree trunk. I use fence foundations which can be placed outwards in the middle of the ceiling edge. By this way you can make a "quarter" of a ceiling to stuff the holes. And it should be all metal because of the damage the C4/rockets do to the cage.

I have removed the cage from my second trap, only the tree platform and the carrying pillar are remaining. I will write here if this is enough for respawn or not.

12 hours ago, Zapha said:

Without cage she usually keeps the height of the hive and fly away. Makes it in Redwood impossible to feed her or to make a transmitter on her. You have to follow her and constantly look at her or you will lose her. And then you get attacked from the predators you don't see ...

The platform snaps short over the hive. From there I build a pillar downwards until I can place a ceiling short below the hive (~ 3 walls between ceiling and platform). The difficulty is to stuff the holes near the round tree trunk. I use fence foundations which can be placed outwards in the middle of the ceiling edge. By this way you can make a "quarter" of a ceiling to stuff the holes. And it should be all metal because of the damage the C4/rockets do to the cage.

I have removed the cage from my second trap, only the tree platform and the carrying pillar are remaining. I will write here if this is enough for respawn or not.

Wait, she doesnt even fall to the ground?!? Lol. That would have been disastrous! Well that changes my plans a bit, much thank.

Transmitter sounds fun but I learned my lesson on passive tame following with a Unicorn, not likely to forget that anytime soon ;)

Archived