Mods For All Consoles

DComet

Suggestion

Mods for ARK Console Editions

Dear Studio Wildcard,

Even if I love ARK,I have to say that its quite boring to play it on console.And because I don't have a PC,that's good enough to play ARK,I have to use a PS4 to play that cool game.I wish there was a way to mod the game on consoles,so that we can also enjoy an extended ARK with all the features of mods like CKFR,S+,Eco's mods,Pimp my home,Primal fear and so on.I'm sure I'm not alone with this wish and I'm sure all console players would love this.

DComet

23 replies to this server topic

Maybe mods such as primal fear can be incorporated as a sort of game mode function for console players so that they as well can enjoy the new types and special powers of the dinosaurs. Something like how primitive plus is a game mode that we can chose, so a same function like that for mods like primal fear would be awesome. 

On 9/27/2021 at 7:01 PM, TheAnonymous said:

Currently though, we can plug in code in the ini files on Xbox to add stuff to the game, not sure about PS4 tho

What exactly do you mean by that? You can add Custom Pnt canvas paintings on both steam and windows 10 ark games but mods? I don't think so like many here wish for mods to be added i in fact play both of these ark versions but i get lag and fps drops not to mention crashing issues plus without mods and expanded experience it gets boring 

The game’s story has ended, there will be no more new maps (as far as I know), and there’s Ark 2 in the making, so… what now?

I just hope that, besides giving the less popular tames a well deserved TLC, I think to allow mods for the console players would be a nice addition, something like what Skyrim and Fallout 4 have, a way of keeping the game alive for a bit longer.

This needs to happen. Even if it requires the mod to basically be done updating or whatnot, there needs to be mod support for console. Mods that redo the entire dino roster and new maps breath life into this game so much that its almost insane that there has been nothing to try and share support. Especially when you look at say the newest xbox, its basically a PC at this point.

On 6/11/2021 at 8:25 AM, spacefiddle said:

Hi How,

I'm sorry to have to tell you, but this is not up to WildCard, and it is also not likely to happen.

Sony has been *extremely* restrictive as to what is allowed to be accessed on the PlayStaion systems. For example, mods were enabled for Fallout 4 a while back on both XBone and PS4. XBone mods can do most of the things that PC mods can do. But the PlayStation mods are subject to a ton of rules that Sony has enforced - not allowed to make certain changes or add certain assets or access certain files - making PS4 Fallout mods extremely gimped and nearly useless.

Any requests for this situation to change would have to be directed at Sony, but to be blunt, there's a slim to none chance they'll change their policies. They have proven to be extremely paranoid about anyone even getting a good look at PlayStation internal systems or even the damn file format.

Sorry to have to pass on the bad news.

I really don't care about PS4 Cause it's like a kid friendly like console i do own a ps4 but i don't play skyrim on it since i have the game as well and it's mods are useless but on Xbox it's where I care about ark having mods depending if WildCard Can get Microsoft's approval on being able to add them like I said things are getting boring and building wooden houses and instead looking like houses they look like chicken coops or chicken boxes and mods like ckf and RR's Building parts do in fact make a decent house if you know what I mean

please mods would be exceptional for ps4. Maybe it could not be all but the most voted by the Play community would be great, like anunakki or the trade mod etc ... please implement it. Farming simulator has mods on ps4. For example, it is very difficult for us to play on nitrate servers playing kingdoms because we do not have trade and many other things. Thanks and please you only need that Ark in Play. The Mods

I know Mods Is Pc Thing But Not Everyone Has or Like PC Most of the world have Console Such As Xbox and Playstation or maybe Switch  But It's sad Console is only limited To Just The Maps And DLC How About Like Add The Mods Like on Playstation Store and Xbox store or idk what it's call on Xbox  Like prices it if like Map or Maybe Between in the middle like would be Appreciated if Console get more love That should deserve 

I say why not wouldn't epic games have their own mod downloading server like Bethesda? Add that and make bigger bases practical and lag free as well as graphic fixes starting with the crinkly stone walls, foundations etc that crinkle from a distance each time you go artifact hunting and looking while in flying mode/creative mode and seeing your base building progress what's wrong with mods never mind the ps4 but on Xbox WC wouldn't want to add them or Microsoft Doesn't allow them?

Most people will poop all over this, because people are rude.

But I believe it’s time for console to get the mods! yeah I have a PC and can play with mods. But I own a server for me and my friends for console. And given that since seems to be the end of Ark 1, all we’re getting is MODDED MAPS! I believe it’d be easy for them to get mods to console. Maybe even getting them for Ark 2 ((got zero info on it)) please put thought into bring actual mods to console. A HUGE PLAYER BASE is on console. Why not allow console to have mods? I really want that information to why the console version is not given the same amount of fun that PC people can do. Once again I have a PC, but My friends don’t have a PC. So please, please! Think about giving console mods. 

Not really something Wildcard can approve. Mods are constantly updated, so the console platform owner(Sony and Microsoft) would constantly need to approve the updates to mods and such. Yeah, some Bethesda games have mods, but these are heavily monitored and not nearly as expansive as you think. Many of the communities favorite mods wouldn't make it onto this mod list simply because they get updated so often. It's a nice thought, but sadly not realistic given how the system works now. 

First of all, since mods are hosted on the Steam Workshop, you need to ensure all the versions of Ark not on Steam can use Steam. I think you can guess from here why the EpicGames version has no mods either (although it is something they wanted to work on).

Secondly, you need permission. Console developers don't always just allow a full open mod workshop. Sometimes mods need to be approved, and other times the modding capabilities may be heavily limited. This could already mean that an enormous portion of the mod workshop wouldn't even be allowed on those consoles even if they do allow modding.

Thirdly; keep in mind that a lot of the mods aren't exactly developed with console in mind, and no one can force the modders either. I haven't heard of modders who ensure that people who want to use controllers can still use their mods for example. (for reference, Steam Ark does support console controllers).

I been wanting to ask this a while now and my big question is will there ever be such thing as Mods coming to consoles such as ps4 and Xbox one for Ark survival evolved with the condition of disabling achievements and the main question is why not? The mods are based on the same mechanics such as building,taming,visuals,creatures,outfits as in the game without mods but with better overhauls as the ones I mentioned and nothing to do with cheats i think this will improve the game and an expandable option and not just on pc steam since I don't game on PCs much due to FPS drops and Slow Loading Times since ark doesn't depend on GPU and CPU Tweaks on both consoles

Hi How,

I'm sorry to have to tell you, but this is not up to WildCard, and it is also not likely to happen.

Sony has been *extremely* restrictive as to what is allowed to be accessed on the PlayStaion systems. For example, mods were enabled for Fallout 4 a while back on both XBone and PS4. XBone mods can do most of the things that PC mods can do. But the PlayStation mods are subject to a ton of rules that Sony has enforced - not allowed to make certain changes or add certain assets or access certain files - making PS4 Fallout mods extremely gimped and nearly useless.

Any requests for this situation to change would have to be directed at Sony, but to be blunt, there's a slim to none chance they'll change their policies. They have proven to be extremely paranoid about anyone even getting a good look at PlayStation internal systems or even the damn file format.

Sorry to have to pass on the bad news.

Same here the improvement experience mods would make is making less stressing on having to build green houses and placing irrigation and boilers near water sources such water veins ocean and rivers plus placing foundations on less flat terrain for example on the island where there's not much flat land you would not be able to finish building your base forcing you to use pillars and mods like ckf on the other hand is a foundation stacker making your building less stressful other mods like eco's and RR's Garden and Decor not to forget to mention RP and RPE additions plus Visual Storage and more are exactly what you Want in the game so it wouldn't be boring and stressful 

Look I know I know there has been stuff said about this but I feel like its about time Console got mods. Yes the game gets updated and new maps and dinos get added and changed but the items if you do not have DLC gets dry and the same thing over and over and after years and years of playing ark it gets very easy just knowing exactly what I am aiming to get but if there were mods it would freshen up the game and give more things to do and could be much challenging or even just fun. I doubt there will be anything happening like this as Ark 2 is in the making but maybe we will get something so the wait for ark 2 doesn't get boring.

Archived