Underwater farming and oceans in general need love

JJacky

Underwater farming and oceans in general need love

I love playing with water dinos and wouldn't mind seeing improvements to the ocean biome on most maps. Currently only Ragnarok and the ocean on Genesis are viable for underwater farming. Dunkleosteus is supposed to be the anky of the sea, but currently it serves no purpose on all the maps except Ragnarok. 

The Island, Center and Crystal Isles really need more farmable nodes underwater. I haven't found a single metal - or obsidian node on any of these maps. Ragnarok is perfect for these, but its ocean biome is just dull and underdeveloped.

Thoughts?

Agreed but there's an underwater metal node next to herb island on the Island. I mean you can take an anky to it too because it's shallow but it is there.

Still adding in some would increse Dunks use even more and give variety.  

With the introduction of Ocean platforms and with it more ocean based living. It would be great to enhance that theme.

On 8/1/2020 at 11:41 PM, JJacky said:

Dunkleosteus is supposed to be the anky of the sea, but currently it serves no purpose on all the maps

well its bit disappointment to hear .in center  i made big metal underwater trap and i trapped and tamed Dunkle lvl 140 between north jungle and lava island . after i lost my megalodon finally i started farming oil by my new dunkle . unfortunately i realized its so slow and low stamina and really gathered very small amount of oil i just get 500 oil and i ran to beach and cryo it fast. because at the deep ocean at oil spots there are so many angry mosa and electro snake and anglers and when you try to run to surface immediately bunch of megalodonds will chasing you and Dunkle is so slow it was disappointing . i rather go with Argy to valg or rag and 100% of times griffers with managarmr will kill you at obs .

i just expected to find Dunkle is very useful but it wasn't . yes im completely agree with you i wish WC add more abblity to sea harvester like Dunkle because underwater is a unique and amazing area to explore and harvest . 

20 minutes ago, REXarmy said:

well its bit disappointment to hear .in center 846 xbox pvp i made big metal underwater trap and i trapped and tamed Dunkle lvl 140 between north jungle and lava island . after i lost my megalodon finally i started farming oil by my new dunkle . unfortunately i realized its so slow and low stamina and really gathered very small amount of oil i just get 500 oil and i ran to beach and cryo it fast. because at the deep ocean at oil spots there are so many angry mosa and electro snake and anglers and when you try to run to surface immediately bunch of megalodonds will chasing you and Dunkle is so slow it was disappointing . i rather go with Argy to valg or rag and 100% of times griffers with managarmr will kill you at obs .

i just expected to find Dunkle is very useful but it wasn't . yes im completely agree with you i wish WC add more abblity to sea harvester like Dunkle because underwater is a unique and amazing area to explore and harvest . 

The dunky is certainly a great metal gatherer (beats my high melee anky) if you farm spots that are close to the surface. Unfortunately it is sooooo sloooow that I don't even bother anything deeper down (like oil) because you usually end up getting swarmed by megalodons.

The ocean has somuch unused potential and it's such a shame.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hehe.

There are 2 types of vents, white smokers and black smokers. White ones are typically in shallower waters, so to speak and they can either drop sulfur & condensed gas, or silicate, since there are no pearls on the map.

Black smokers will be used for cobaltite, a new resource for which I won't disclose the usage just yet.

The ocean biome does not even have a functioning ecosystem and food chain. On land different dinos attack and each other. There is a clear predator and prey relationship that can be seen. As well as a hierarchy of what dinos attack which. Underwater everything is peaceful to each other. Even when the dossier says the megalodon preys on ichthyosaurus, it never attacks them in the game. The only the underwater wild life aggro on to is is player and his tame. It is you vs the entire the ocean when you go underwater. And the game feel sterile and lifeless seeing underwater predators ignore everything else and only home in like zombies to you and you only.

Sadly this is another aspect of ark that will never ever be fixed. You can expect more $40 DLCs each year that add yet another map that stray further from games original premise and break the balance even more.

4 hours ago, jedikitteh said:

El bioma oceánico ni siquiera tiene un ecosistema y una cadena alimentaria en funcionamiento. En tierra, diferentes dinosaurios se atacan entre sí. Se puede ver una clara relación entre depredadores y presas. Así como una jerarquía de qué dinos atacan a qué. Bajo el agua, todo es pacífico entre sí. Incluso cuando el expediente dice que el megalodon se alimenta de ictiosaurios, nunca los ataca en el juego. El único agresor de la vida salvaje submarina es el jugador y su domesticación. Eres tú contra todo el océano cuando te sumerges. Y el juego se siente estéril y sin vida al ver que los depredadores submarinos ignoran todo lo demás y solo se quedan como zombis para ti y solo para ti.

Lamentablemente, este es otro aspecto del arca que nunca se arreglará. Puede esperar más DLC de $ 40 cada año que agregan otro mapa que se aleja más de la premisa original del juego y rompe el equilibrio aún más.

Si si es verdad tienes toda la razón no podría estar mejor explicado "tu contra todo el océano" jajajaja con la nueva actualización de los Megalodon, un grupo de ello me ataco y mato a mi Basilo que ha estado conmigo en las buenas y las malas desde que entre a Genesis era imbatible con él pero murió poco después del TLC por un grupo de megas, ahora no te puedes escapar de ellos y no es como en tierra que puedes perder a un Rex si pasas por un parasaurio para usarlo de sacrificio jajajaja y sales corriendo.

Archived