JJacky

Underwater farming and oceans in general need love

Underwater farming and oceans in general need love

I love playing with water dinos and wouldn't mind seeing improvements to the ocean biome on most maps. Currently only Ragnarok and the ocean on Genesis are viable for underwater farming. Dunkleosteus is supposed to be the anky of the sea, but currently it serves no purpose on all the maps except Ragnarok. 

The Island, Center and Crystal Isles really need more farmable nodes underwater. I haven't found a single metal - or obsidian node on any of these maps. Ragnarok is perfect for these, but its ocean biome is just dull and underdeveloped.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

Agreed but there's an underwater metal node next to herb island on the Island. I mean you can take an anky to it too because it's shallow but it is there.

Still adding in some would increse Dunks use even more and give variety.  

With the introduction of Ocean platforms and with it more ocean based living. It would be great to enhance that theme.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 11:41 PM, JJacky said:

Dunkleosteus is supposed to be the anky of the sea, but currently it serves no purpose on all the maps

well its bit disappointment to hear .in center  i made big metal underwater trap and i trapped and tamed Dunkle lvl 140 between north jungle and lava island . after i lost my megalodon finally i started farming oil by my new dunkle . unfortunately i realized its so slow and low stamina and really gathered very small amount of oil i just get 500 oil and i ran to beach and cryo it fast. because at the deep ocean at oil spots there are so many angry mosa and electro snake and anglers and when you try to run to surface immediately bunch of megalodonds will chasing you and Dunkle is so slow it was disappointing . i rather go with Argy to valg or rag and 100% of times griffers with managarmr will kill you at obs .

i just expected to find Dunkle is very useful but it wasn't . yes im completely agree with you i wish WC add more abblity to sea harvester like Dunkle because underwater is a unique and amazing area to explore and harvest . 

Edited by REXarmy

20 minutes ago, REXarmy said:

well its bit disappointment to hear .in center 846 xbox pvp i made big metal underwater trap and i trapped and tamed Dunkle lvl 140 between north jungle and lava island . after i lost my megalodon finally i started farming oil by my new dunkle . unfortunately i realized its so slow and low stamina and really gathered very small amount of oil i just get 500 oil and i ran to beach and cryo it fast. because at the deep ocean at oil spots there are so many angry mosa and electro snake and anglers and when you try to run to surface immediately bunch of megalodonds will chasing you and Dunkle is so slow it was disappointing . i rather go with Argy to valg or rag and 100% of times griffers with managarmr will kill you at obs .

i just expected to find Dunkle is very useful but it wasn't . yes im completely agree with you i wish WC add more abblity to sea harvester like Dunkle because underwater is a unique and amazing area to explore and harvest . 

The dunky is certainly a great metal gatherer (beats my high melee anky) if you farm spots that are close to the surface. Unfortunately it is sooooo sloooow that I don't even bother anything deeper down (like oil) because you usually end up getting swarmed by megalodons.

The ocean has somuch unused potential and it's such a shame.

• Like 1