Need help dealing with a giga

Shwiftyboi

So recently, I've been doing pretty well on an ark on PS4. Me and my buddy wanted to go to far's peak to collect some obsidian. However we encountered a giga and it took me resetting my PS4 to escape it. I would like either volunteers to help take it down or strategy's so that the two of us can take it down (preferably tame it) ourselves. Please help

This is legit your best cost effective option. Unless you or your friend carries the other in the air to shoot it. "Remember it'll start to run away once it's torp climbs, so it's really best to trap it" Depending on the type of tranq you are going to be using. You should look up a tranq calculator in order to see how many you will need. Giga's have a wonderful way of making you blow tons and tons of tranqs on them and never getting them to drop. Remember, once it's down you'll need tons of suppressants to keep it down, they wake up very fast...
You can do it with any tranq though, if you have the time and resources. 

- I suggest using https://www.dododex.com/ to find the amount of tranquilizers you'll need. Along with food, etc. 

Feel free to DM me on steam if you have any questions. Good Luck

1 minute ago, Castlerock said:

Cheapest trap is to build 4 metal billboards and 1 large bear trap. Place 3 billboards in a u-shape with enough space for the giga to fit in, then after luring it to the bear trap, place the last one behind sealing it. Now u can just unload all your tranqs into it.

20 hours ago, Shwiftyboi said:

So recently, I've been doing pretty well on an ark on PS4. Me and my buddy wanted to go to far's peak to collect some obsidian. However we encountered a giga and it took me resetting my PS4 to escape it. I would like either volunteers to help take it down or strategy's so that the two of us can take it down (preferably tame it) ourselves. Please help

Here is what I did to tame one....first I built 4 reinforced behemoth dino gateways, and doors. When we built the trap, we put it near a giga, but not close enough to where it would agro on us, and we left little gaps here n there to shoot through. After opening one gateway door and locking the rest, we used an argy with lots and lots of health bumps to lure the giga into the trap, once it was in the trap and trying to destroy it, another player snuck up and closed the door, the we both started shooting it with shocking tranquillizer darts. Id only recommend the shocking darts, and out of a long neck rifle with high damage. If you don't have one yet, or you don't have the blueprints for one, either go fishing or supply crate hunting.

We got lucky and knocked it out, JUST as it broke the reinforced door. So you gotta have a mastercraft or ascendant rifles. Last but not least, exceptional kibble and jelly fish jelly {bio toxin} to keep the gigga knocked out. Gigga's wake up really easy, so your going to need 100-200 jellyfish jelly.

WORD OF WARNING! 
Taming a giga really nerfs the crap out of them.....Unlike other tames, unless you tame up a nearly max level, taming a giga reduces its health and melee. So unless its a level 130 or better, it really sucks to tame one up. Because of this, you may just want the gigga heart for the dragon fight. You only get this from killing it. In which case, bring your boss fighters and let them tear into it all at once. Once you tame up a giga, you may find only melee to be the most effective stat to increase. Putting any additional points into its health will not work as effectively as other tames.

we used an argy with lots and lots of health bumps to lure the giga into the trap,

Another way is to just use a argy with enough stamina to lure it to trap, and any small tamed dino that it can carry in its beak. This way u can stay high enough out of its bite range yet it will stay aggroed on u all the way to the trap, unless it gets distracted for a while by other prey in the area. Previously u can use wild dinos like kairukus or dodos to lure them but it has been fixed.

we both started shooting it with shocking tranquillizer darts. Id only recommend the shocking darts, and out of a long neck rifle with high damage.

Crossbows with tranq arrows are more cost effective, but that is usually for metal traps, since yours is built out of stone longneck might be better.

Gigga's wake up really easy, so your going to need 100-200 jellyfish jelly.                        

If have access to a decent berry harvester, using narcoberries will keep the torpor rising for a longer duration for the same amount of torpor applied compared to bio toxin and narcotics, only issue is the weight of the berries u have to bring.

28 minutes ago, Castlerock said:

Another way is to just use a argy with enough stamina to lure it to trap, and any small tamed dino that it can carry in its beak. This way u can stay high enough out of its bite range yet it will stay aggroed on u all the way to the trap, unless it gets distracted for a while by other prey in the area. Previously u can use wild dinos like kairukus or dodos to lure them but it has been fixed. Crossbows with tranq arrows are more cost effective, but that is usually for metal traps, since yours is built out of stone longneck might be better. If have access to a decent berry harvester, using narcoberries will keep the torpor rising for a longer duration for the same amount of torpor applied compared to bio toxin and narcotics, only issue is the weight of the berries u have to bring.

Have to admit, we would have used "bait" if we was not set to PvE, but I wanted it asap….still might use a throw away tame such as a dilo or maybe another argy, so yeah that is a very effective idea

As for the bio toxin vs berries, the biotoxin duration seemed fairly reasonable to me for both raising the torpor as well as keeping the giga knocked out over time, however I won't argue that if you have a trike with you, it would be much easier to just go out, reap 500 narco berries, and then just forcefed them to the giga all at once. I just liked the fact that you could force 3000 torpor over a minute or two......whatever you use tho, got to get him narced up quick. I accidentally let one wake up once while just chatting with someone about the giga I tamed. XD It only takes a minute or two and boom, wide awake and angry!

Archived