Antidote Nerf: From Beautiful to Brute Force

StaceyMalibu

Antidote Nerf: From Beautiful to Brute Force

Hey everyone, good morning!

I'll be short and to the point. The Antidore Nerf killed beautiful crafted strategy and now the meta is bruce forcing the boss fight. Like everything else.

Now hear me out.
Master Controller Alpha was thought with a purpose. To assign roles. To listen to your tribemates. To pay attention. Stay sharp.
That would mean a team of 1 ferox and 7 rexes, 8 people. Plus 2 runners.
Ferox would deal with drones and the eventual giga. Rex riders would care about dps and covering their asses with antidotes. Runners would do the key job.
It was perfect. It was a beautiful strategy. Sometimes 1 person would die, and it'll be challenge mode, but still doable.

What did the nerf/"balance" brought?
That the only way to succesfully doing it now is 19 rexes and 1 yuty. F*ck it. Go bruce force. Riders will have their ass covered because if their rex die, they could jump on another one.
Clusterraptor of dinos? Not whistling them? Doesn't matter. As long as they do enough dps and there's enough keys, the fight is still doable.

Is that the way it was intended? I don't think so. Even now doing the 168 missions isn't an easy challenge (try to do the skiff alpha without lag to win, or alpha fishing, or giga alpha on lunar), and they were "training" for what's to come, that's the main purpose of the missions, training. Now if you just teach people to bruce force a way into a boss fight... well... lesson not learned.

I just laugh that its been like that forever and now all of a sudden its so important to make the change with no option to counter bleed at all.
the balance for it was already there built right into the consumable.
it was basically a one time use item that was crafted when needed.
The spoil time was horrible and it could only be put into the prez bin for a limited duration.
It also only lasted what? 3 Mins?

Giga
Carno
Allo
Deinon
Ravager
Blood Wyv
all give bleed and no way to counter it at all. This is not "balance", this is a one sided nerf nuke.

You are right about the Controller boss team strategy. I have never been part of boss team that requires full 10 people with all different rolls and mounts until the master controller fight. The variety was refreshing and a nice change aside from the usual 1x Yuto, 19 Rex boss fight meta.
it was great to see it and fun to be a part of. Now its back to the usual boring meta. GG

#QOL #BALANCE

Just now, Demerus said:

I just laugh that its been like that forever and now all of a sudden its so important to make the change with no option to counter bleed at all.
the balance for it was already there built right into the consumable.
it was basically a one time use item that was crafted when needed.
The spoil time was horrible and it could only be put into the prez bin for a limited duration.

Giga
Carno
Allo
Deinon
Ravager
Blood Wyv
all give bleed and no way to counter it at all. This is not "balance", this is a one sided nerf nuke.

#QOL #BALANCE

I could not agree more with you. They did this with 1 purpose not thinking about what else it could and did effect.

5 hours ago, Castlerock said:
15 hours ago, LEDminer said:
We need dino bandages. And put some funny pictures on them while you're at it.
Also, we can't cure our dodos anymore. They can get swamp fever.

Does podding and unpodding them gets rid of it?

With swamp fever the dino or yourself needs to be transferred off the server to get rid of it 

On 8/2/2020 at 2:49 AM, StaceyMalibu said:

That the only way to succesfully doing it now is 19 rexes and 1 yuty.

Yep, team work and strategy is being removed from the game by the product manager. He's just clueless and incompetent.

You also might get one or two runs in IF YOUR LUCKY! Then some bug will occur and you'll lose everything! ie. players wont port in or dinos wont port back out.
Coming from experience, I've run alpha many times on official. People who run it basically stop doing runs and not because of the difficulty but due to the constant losses of items and tames due to bugs with it.

More often than not, you will lose almost everything, even if your successful! The arena is utterly broken and to even consider nerfing it further without fixing it is mind-blowingly incompetent on the Wild Card product managers part. He needs to be fired so this game can finally progress and get the attention it needs.

Keeping in mind, this is NOT the first nerf we have had from this product manager on controller, we had ferox nerfed not once but MULTIPLE times and these were all indirect nerfs that impacted controller.

The product manager needs to be FIRED, he just doesn't understand the game, how people play it and continually fails with every update he has implemented. 5 years of his incompetence.

A couple more examples of why this product manager needs to be fired:
- Cant implement character backups, #1 requested feature and problem in the game FOR 5 YEARS.
- Cant fix something as simple as changing the key to activate tek helmet. but makes it a gas mask....! clearly not understanding how people play the game and the problems with the tek suit.

People blame the devs, but its NOT the devs, It's the product manager because he decides what work they do and what features they implement, the devs just do the work. Almost every problem on these forums related to features implemented poorly or not at all is the lead product managers fault!

50 minutes ago, HiImZech said:

and transferring off the server itself is a problem because you can get kicked out of tribe for no reason at all

even if you have no duplicated toon

Lol so WC want us to get a ticket to character deletion by transferring to remove swamp fever.  Screw that, not gonna happen!

Archived