"Baby Creatures will no longer auto-wander"

Emu

Part of the last update made it so babies no longer wander around after being born/hatched.

While on the surface this sounds like a pretty solid convenience QoL, wandering babies did have it's function.

Attached is a picture of what happens now that babies don't wander. Each and every mosasaur baby is stuck well inside the mother and it's now a nightmare to claim them.

My suggestion would be to only disable wandering after claiming, or to take a look at where babies are spawning from animals that give live-birth.

20200731223829_1.jpg

4 hours ago, Emu said:

Part of the last update made it so babies no longer wander around after being born/hatched.

While on the surface this sounds like a pretty solid convenience QoL, wandering babies did have it's function.

Attached is a picture of what happens now that babies don't wander. Each and every mosasaur baby is stuck well inside the mother and it's now a nightmare to claim them.

My suggestion would be to only disable wandering after claiming, or to take a look at where babies are spawning from animals that give live-birth.

20200731223829_1.jpg

agreed a 1000%, quick fix plz

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/31/2020 at 9:03 AM, Emu said:

...or to take a look at where babies are spawning from animals that give live-birth.

This^^   definitely the next step in improving the birthing problem.

My suggestion would be to automatically swim 1-3 tiles from the mother (depending on the size of the species) and then automatically stop. This would still give the visual that it's being born from the mother but wouldn't be stuck inside of her.

Archived