Galaxyheart

Wipe official servers or have altered servers

Suggestion

Wipe official servers or have altered servers

I can see why the ark devs don't want to wipe official servers but I also see why they should. Official has gotten so over powered that you can't get on a server where the alpha or big tribe doesn't have insanely mutated dinos and op blueprints. They don't want to do a wipe because the big tribes would rage quit "They've put in the time and effort in our game and we don't want to wipe them". There are people that have been playing since the beginning and have put in as much time, possibly even more that some alphas trying to build up but have never managed because they always get wiped right away. I still think all official servers need a wipe and if alphas rage quit then so what? they get a taste of their own medicine. ...Or have connected servers to official and small tribes that gets wipe every month or so meaning nobody can get too big but give new players a chance to learn how the game works. Transfers will be allowed off but never on, so even freshly wiped people can go there to build up again and then leave to go back on their regular server. I'm aware there are servers that constantly wipe and that's not what i'm talking about, these would allow people to learn the game, meet new people, get PvP skills, etc. There would be many benefits to this and would make the game much more enjoyable if you had to start out fresh again.

TL;DR Official is too overpowered a wipe should be done, or put new servers which gets constantly wiped that are connected to official/small tribe that you can't transfer stuff onto ever but you can transfer stuff off making it more fair for the little guy.

4 replies to this server topic

20 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

They have the altered servers in the form of beginners servers. Believe they wipe every 3 months or maybe 6. You can transfer out but not on. Should cover everything you are looking for.

I know about the beginner servers I mean ones just like the reg servers, on beginner I think cap survivor or dino level is like lvl 30 or something so what Im referring to is ones where max lvl is 150 and 105, sorry if I didn't make it clear enough/ known

New players have no hope of competing against alpha/mega tribes that have merged.

They form toxic cliques and pick off those who have recently joined a new official cluster. 

Certain people are even abusing the mesh behind caves to soak up bullets without taking any damage. 

This isn't what the game was designed to be. Why are you choosing not to do anything when players continue to abuse multiple exploits? 

If you don't want to wipe the servers then patch up your games and do a roll back, so things can be fair evenly across the board. 

At least survey your players and let them all vote on whether or not they want official servers to be wiped. 

On 7/31/2020 at 4:22 PM, Galaxyheart said:

TL;DR Official is too overpowered a wipe should be done, or put new servers which gets constantly wiped that are connected to official/small tribe that you can't transfer stuff onto ever but you can transfer stuff off making it more fair for the little guy.

The last wipe + the conquest servers + the classic server has proven that even with a wipe the little guy stands no chance because they are not willing to go to the lengths these mega alliances will go to. If you are a little guy you are not going to Ddos you are not going to dupe you are not going try and slot cap a server after using a program to check steam profiles and learn when the enemy has their least amount of players on. 

The same players stand at the pinnacle of Ark as those who were standing at the pinnacle of ark back during legacy. During conquest during classic and so on. You need core gameplay mechanics changed if a wipe to happen to improve the game.

The dev's are never going to make meaningful changes to the game that will improve PvP because it means ruining the game for their larger audience the PvE community. 

You need to just suck it up join a mega and accept that you play it like that or you will be wiped weekly if not daily.