What does this patch note mean?

Cowgirl

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

What does this patch note mean?

Hi all, reading the patch notes and I am not sure what this one means/does, anyone know? Thanks! "Added multiple item-clamping checks to various areas of loot generation and crafting."

I believe this means you can no longer craft, or get from drops items and blueprints that exceed the configured ItemStatClamps. For example, it was previously possible to get 200+ armor saddles from some drops that would then only get clamped at the next reboot, etc.

5 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I believe this means you can no longer craft, or get from drops items and blueprints that exceed the configured ItemStatClamps. For example, it was previously possible to get 200+ armor saddles from some drops that would then only get clamped at the next reboot, etc.

Ah ok, thanks!

I didn't set up any item clamping but hit an upper limit on flak helmet durability (iirc) of 1500 while I was crafting a really good blueprint a couple months ago. Is item clamping hardcoded now or are there two limits - lower customizable and upper hardcoded?

I'm a little worried that my better than official items and blueprints will be forcefully worsened ignoring my settings. May anyone clarify that to me?

• Volunteer Moderator
54 minutes ago, SAS said:

I didn't set up any item clamping but hit an upper limit on flak helmet durability (iirc) of 1500 while I was crafting a really good blueprint a couple months ago. Is item clamping hardcoded now or are there two limits - lower customizable and upper hardcoded?

I'm a little worried that my better than official items and blueprints will be forcefully worsened ignoring my settings. May anyone clarify that to me?

Hard to tell why without more data from your testings. However, I ran a quick test just now and was able to craft Flak with higher than 1.5k durability:

6RlnNun.png

It might be armor rating then. If both are good then it was a temporary issue, a bad setting that I'm unaware of or something else.

I have several crafted armor pieces with crafting efficiency varying from low to 70%+ with exactly the same value of armor rating (1500) and different everything else. I began to notice this after tek armor cap patch. Though I might not have this blueprint before.

I'm going to do some screenshots and craft a few pieces more for science when I get to my PC.

• Volunteer Moderator
19 hours ago, SAS said:

It was 2086 durability and equal insulations. Only armor rating differs.

Yes, the stats are capped to I believe a quality based on a difficulty offset of 0.2 maxed to 64 times. The calculation of the cap appears to be something like that:

round(InitialValueConstant + (InitialValueConstant * StateModifierScale * DefaultModifierValue) + (InitialValueConstant * StateModifierScale * RandomizerRangeMultiplier * (0.75 + DifficultyOffset * 1.75 * RandomizerRangeOverride))) * 64 * RandomizerRangeMultiplier

For example, here are the values for a Longneck durability:

0CClE5y.png

Which gives us:

round(70.0 + (70.0 * 0.001 * 0) + (70.0 * 0.001 * 0.25 * (0.75 + 0.2 * 1.75 * 1000))) * 64 * 0.25 = 1216

rIjubFD.png

That calculation is definitely not 100% accurate since it is slightly off for other stats that are percent based but they are very close, etc.

Thank you for that! I didn't know about the 64 factor.

So it has nothing to do with these recent patches and it has been always like that?

(The BP was generated in a double quality red OSD. Most OSD loot have normal distribution so could often reach quite large values in a stat).

By the way, setting extremely large crafting skill for testing purposes is a great idea I'll be using from now, thanks for it too!

Archived