Did the update double effects of XP, taming, resource collection?

cstwinkletoes

I saw in a recent community crunch saying the next update was going to double the effects of three settings. XP, taming, resource collection. So when the update 312.65 came in today, I reduced everything to half. I haven't played yet due to waiting for friends. But I checked the patch notes, and I don't see it. So should I go back to how it was?

• Volunteer Moderator
15 minutes ago, cstwinkletoes said:

I saw in a recent community crunch saying the next update was going to double the effects of three settings. XP, taming, resource collection. So when the update 312.65 came in today, I reduced everything to half. I haven't played yet due to waiting for friends. But I checked the patch notes, and I don't see it. So should I go back to how it was?

As stated in the announcement:

On 7/27/2020 at 12:06 PM, StudioWildcard said:

From the next major version, Official Server rates will now have increased default rates for Harvesting, Taming, and XP. What was previously ‘2x rates’ prior to today, will now become the new base rate (1x). 

The versioning format they use is <major>.<minor> so 312.57 to 312.65 is a minor version which means those rates won't be coming until at least v313.0+.

New "Rates" Not In Effect

The recent patch notes said there was going to be a permanent modifier added to the Taming/Harvesting rates & that this would affect Unofficial Servers as well.

From what I can see this is NOT the case?

Can anybody else with an Unofficial Server let me know if the update changed your rates at all?

Archived