Is this the new official view on griefing?

eromtrebor

unknown.png

A player has been gasbaggin a lot of ppls dinos on multiple servers, with multiple screenshots of his actions. this was the reply to a users ticket and i want to know if this is the current official view and does coc maybe need to be updated now to reflect this. This is PVE official.

• Volunteer Moderator

@eromtrebor I've removed your videos because they shows names and we do not allow public naming and shaming on the forums. That said, the last update removed the ability to push others' creatures so this should not be an issue anymore. :)

On 11/30/2018 at 12:02 AM, StudioWildcard said:

Gasbags
 - Will no longer push Dinos around in PVE when landing to prevent griefing and exploits

19 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

@eromtrebor I've removed your videos because they shows names and we do not allow public naming and shaming on the forums. That said, the last update removed the ability to push others' creatures so this should not be an issue anymore. :)

That may prevent the issue in the future, but that doesn't change the fact that the account in question was griefing and doing something that Wildcard claims to recognize as griefing and then a GM turns around and says it isn't their problem.

However it doesn't change the fact that it's up to you as the player to protect your dinos, if you are gonna leave them out on the platform, then you gotta put borders up or something to prevent that.  It's a sausage move don't get me wrong, but I see why the GM said that, at the end of the day you have the necessary tools to prevent it or you can opt to put them away.

59 minutes ago, Rio4201 said:

However it doesn't change the fact that it's up to you as the player to protect your dinos, if you are gonna leave them out on the platform, then you gotta put borders up or something to prevent that.  It's a sausage move don't get me wrong, but I see why the GM said that, at the end of the day you have the necessary tools to prevent it or you can opt to put them away.

I didn't say they should get their dinos back, but the account needs to be banned for griefing.

16 hours ago, eromtrebor said:

unknown.png

A player has been gasbaggin a lot of ppls dinos on multiple servers, with multiple screenshots of his actions. this was the reply to a users ticket and i want to know if this is the current official view and does coc maybe need to be updated now to reflect this. This is PVE official.

Wild Card support is absolutely useless. Occasionally you'll get a response by someone who's not an oxygen thief, good luck.

5 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

How is it naming and shaming if it isn't against the rules according to wildcard GMs?

so patch fixes griefing method but the person abusing said method on multiple occasions against CoC goes unpunished? Lucky guy

What kind of message does this send to others like that greifer?

I had a tribemate quit because all his dinos got blown off his platform and drowned while he was offline.
He also has behemoth tall walls all around his perimeter of the platforms.

Someone explain to me how that is even possible?

On 7/30/2020 at 6:00 PM, eromtrebor said:

unknown.png

throw a few dinos out that you dont need anymore, wait for the griefer, when he is there take your spyglass out and start recording, and have fun uploading the vid to youtube.

the gasbag glitch should be fixed tho, and offlineprotection does the rest. it is down to 10 seconds, maybe make a fence aswell.

but i still wonder how ppl are getting griefed, havent been griefed since legacy xd and that was fun if you understand... bc you just __________________________ , and legacy had no offline protection and sh.. so idk man, some things are not griefing anymore, its just fun for some bc bored...

40 minutes ago, PhotekPlays said:

throw a few dinos out that you dont need anymore, wait for the griefer, when he is there take your spyglass out and start recording, and have fun uploading the vid to youtube.

the gasbag glitch should be fixed tho, and offlineprotection does the rest. it is down to 10 seconds, maybe make a fence aswell.

but i still wonder how ppl are getting griefed, havent been griefed since legacy xd and that was fun if you understand... bc you just __________________________ , and legacy had no offline protection and sh.. so idk man, some things are not griefing anymore, its just fun for some bc bored...

It is not fixed it was never on the landing so i dont know what they are "fixing" the issue is that they will not ban these players regardless of video of griefing, and many many ss of griefing by a number of players.

15 hours ago, Rio4201 said:

This is PVE not PVP the environment is not killing ur stuff players are. if you want a nice open platform design you should be able to without repercussions of a griefing player, and IF a player finds a glitch to use like this one has WC should come down hard on them for abusing other players.

but i still wonder how ppl are getting griefed, havent been griefed since legacy xD and that was fun if you understand... bc you just __________________________ , and legacy had no offline protection and sh.. so idk man, some things are not griefing anymore, its just fun for some bc bored...

Legacy also have offline protection, same as official.

Im sure nothing will happen to either of these guys, but if i put one pillar ladder on the edge of my base to keep ppl from building right on top of me some brilliant GM will com run a pathetically built script that will delete all structures with 2 units including any gateset ect. then then threatened with ban for putting in a ticket about it. And zero recourse for GM abuse.

On 7/31/2020 at 12:38 PM, invincibleqc said:

the last update removed the ability to push others' creatures so this should not be an issue anymore. :)

Not true. Some dinos can still be moved by punching them with *********** (<-- item name removed to prevent abuse.)

Like anything Wild Cards incompetent product manager has fixed, it's always incomplete and not done properly.
Because of his complete lack of understanding of the game and how its played. He continually fails to have the simplest changes implemented.

Dude, there was a boxtribe guy in my server that if you found an event griffin he would come and kill it in a mana. I reported him, and the GM said, is not a valid offense because you can build a trap........... like the griffin would spawn inside the trap....... so figure.... I told him ehhhh, you have to kitte the thing to a trap.... and he comes and kill it, so you leave the area... and ... no reply. GG EZ.

Dude, there was a boxtribe guy in my server that if you found an event griffin he would come and kill it in a mana. I reported him, and the GM said, is not a valid offense because you can build a trap........... like the griffin would spawn inside the trap....... so figure.... I told him ehhhh, you have to kitte the thing to a trap.... and he comes and kill it, so you leave the area... and ... no reply. GG EZ.
It is a poopty thing to do, but is still not against the coc, as the dino is still wild anyone can kill it.

Im on one of the servers those users are griefing and know the person who put in the ticket with 4 undeniable videos of griefing and these griefers still running around no repercussions. Laughing it up in mockery in global. I assume they are friends with GM Giga or something i know they boasted in global as to having a friend on the ark redit admins. So there is no keeping it in check they can do whatever they want and WC wont stop them.

Archived