New to the Ark Forums and need some expert advice ?

New to the Ark Forums and need some expert advice ?

Hi guys and gals 

As title I'm new to the forums but not really new to Ark. I've got a question and I hope you guys can help.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but here goes.

I run a Nitrado server on valguero for myself and a few friends, we've kept tribes very small and were running out of engram points and I was reluctant to mess with the INI as I wasn't to sure what I was doing. I now know it's not that hard once you've done a bit of research however my initial solution was to enable single player settings as I read this boosted the engram points received, more fool me, it changes so much. 

I know how to adjust the engram points received now however when I uncheck single player settings on the server page and reload the server, our XP appears to be frozen. No Dino's or players gain level ups etc. Now the xp bar shows as 2000/1000 for instance but there levels dont pop. 

Is there a fix to this?

Many thanks

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, NickiD88 said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but here goes.

It wasn't, but I've moved it for you. For future reference, server stuff goes in the server sections. :)

11 minutes ago, NickiD88 said:

Now the xp bar shows as 2000/1000 for instance but there levels dont pop.

What is the config you used? More than likely not formatted correctly. However, rather than messing with the ramping you could just make every engrams learned automatically:

# ../Game.ini

[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
bAutoUnlockAllEngrams=true

Or let it as is and allow players to respec infinitely if they run out of engrams:

# ../Game.ini

[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=true

I personally use the later. More often than not, all the engrams you learn early game you no longer need later or got blueprints for them by then, etc.

Thank you for the fast response and moving me to where I should be ?.

Unsure what you mean by format? All I changed was the check box on the server to enable single player settings. When I realized you only need to breathe near a Dino to tame it I wanted it off but I wasted over a week trying to figure it out myself so to far for a roll back ( no idea if that would work) but when I unchecked it and used vanilla settings with no INI changes the level ups freeze. Now you can still see you xp raising numerically in your inventory but the levels don't pop despite the number in the left being greater than the right.

With the auto unlocks does that make engram points irrelevant? We've a few solo players would benefit from that so if I can fix the XP bug I'll definitely do that. 

Thank you again ?

• Volunteer Moderator
11 hours ago, NickiD88 said:

Unsure what you mean by format? All I changed was the check box on the server to enable single player settings. When I realized you only need to breathe near a Dino to tame it I wanted it off but I wasted over a week trying to figure it out myself so to far for a roll back ( no idea if that would work) but when I unchecked it and used vanilla settings with no INI changes the level ups freeze. Now you can still see you xp raising numerically in your inventory but the levels don't pop despite the number in the left being greater than the right.

Take a look at your configuration files if you have any "Engram Entries" or "Experience Ramp" overrides. If you do, remove them. If you don't, post your config files (or PM them to me if you don't want to share them publicly) and I can have a look.

11 hours ago, NickiD88 said:

With the auto unlocks does that make engram points irrelevant? We've a few solo players would benefit from that so if I can fix the XP bug I'll definitely do that.

Pretty much. Basically, as soon as you level up to level 2, you learn all engrams available at that level, etc.

EDIT: He had the following in his config, which was causing the leveling issues:

LevelExperienceRampOverrides=
LevelExperienceRampOverrides=

Archived