Ark nice attempt at balance...but...was it meaningful?

CamCam123

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi @ all follower in this Thread, could be interesting. Need to Test the new Settings a bit, before i start to find any points of Interest to Talk bout.

Thx to bring Updates, with some Ideas to Solve some Probs. I like to see that WC and the Support is still in Interest how the Gameplay in Ark is and ill hope to get a better Cooperation between the Community and WC Support, for a BETTER Ark!

Did already some Tests!

15 Seconds more in evry Race Timer Added, nice! Now the other Side...

Why 15 Seconds on evry Race, when only a few not Possible to Beat? Did u started Tests to know which Race got the Most Problems? Bloodstalker Race is Uncontrolled, even with 15 sec more Time, only able to Manage Beta after 20 Try Rounds. Warps from over 5 to 10 seconds still there, its still Hard to find the Right time to Jump and Grapple, when only evry 3 sec pop a new frozen screen and im anywhere, but not on Track.

Disable all Alpha Races and let Beta be enough to get a better Experience, till the server or the Races Running Contolled for us, please!

Ill test more Races and will let u know if the Timer is ok.

Lower Setting in Option is still not there for me on XBOX, but my Gameplay is alot better when iill Reduce it. Open this Changes for evryone in an Easyier Way please.

Have a great one and cya ?

Ark Basi melee: 47
Ark tuso melee: 65
So... strongest i dont think so. 
Even in caves unless the tuso doesnt fit a whale is at more danger to get stuck in things too. specially when is surrounded by smaller dinos  with small hit boxes. It has happened to me many times too. Only difference is that Tuso can force glitch much easier now after the head fix on a previews update. 
Deedoubleu alr explained why \/,
especially the part where basilo can hit wild dinos at any part of its body while wild dinos can surround the tusos head.
On 2 official PC pve servers I spent enough time to be able to judge it's not just some people use it. it's all about basilos.
On paper tuso has higher base damage. But. It has slower attack and still can't hit enemies that got too close. Smaller aquatics can simply swim inside your head and keep attacking you while you can't hit them back or even swim away. Higher damage doesn't play out since you need to change position all the time to prevent getting trapped while basilo can attack with whole body, even its ass. Also you have to waste time manually turning after tuso got bored and decided it's time to change direction in the middle of a fight.
Can't grab to heal or inflict torpor on pve.
Bugged taming - sometimes tuso won't release your tame until it's dead. Basilo tamed passively.
Basilo is immune to eels, jelly fish and grabs.Gives insulation. Regens faster.
C'mon, tuso was nerfed down to the role of nostalgic/vanity tame, nowhere near aquatic-giga it was a long time ago.

1 hour ago, Bruvas78 said:

Reading through the moaning, it appears that Ark isn't really a game the OP should be playing....

Yes, it seems like the Community is Helpless in so many way and the Costumer Service ignore to many Problems.

How this thread started is even not a like from me, but its a start.

We got alot Changes in PvE and PvP, thats for Sure. Dont know why some got the feeling that nope in PvE is Changed.

Harvest, Tame and xp perma x 2 for the second Time. Nice.

All the Changes with Breeding are a bit weird, got no Clue what the Time was before and if its better? Didnt tryed it, but for me, evrything that Reduce Breeding time, is a like! So long our Starved Dinos, bec of server Outtage, not getting restored! (Respectless) Yesterday Starve 4 of my First and Highest Breeder, did a short brake, then more ppl was not able to Join the Server, for a few moments, the Server was not found in the list. Sended outtage msg and looked evry few mins to Join, then i was able to join. Found 3 Bags with Timer of 29 min. 3 Bloodstalker lv 281, 2 highest first born fem under them, but even with all Screenshot and Videos, get nothing Restored from Support. 5 Days Breeding, best Results, destroyed.

Bug Reports should be Repaired Quicker and need alot more Attention, not only YT videos with Glitches for Players.

Meh, guess I'll throw my .2 cents in since we're doing this;

First off, any rate improvement is better than no rate improvement.  Official PvE servers go from bustling on the weekend to dead as heck during the week, they literally turn into a ghost town.

Second, I have to believe that if they nerfed the element farming yet again on Genesis it is because it won't be as necessary as they are going to allow element transfers?  I can't think of any other reason why you'd choose to make a completely "duh" decision like that  I mean hey, lets pile in as many players and tribes as we can onto these not so spacious maps, put all the element in one centralized location where its constantly farmed and unavailable, and then on top of that, let's nerf how much they get when it actually is spawned! What a GREAT idea.. not.

I dunno but from a player perspective, I would think the studio would want to make their players happier all around, pvp and pve, and from what I'm seeing, it didn't really inspire much hope or excitement, especially not with seeing the nerfs.  /shrug

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

@CamCam123 You are off the mark on so many of these. I get you want easy mode breeding and game. Not going to happen.

You act like you are some seasoned vet - who are you? 

You can find me on valguero 545 pve pc or genesis 602, or even  Crystal isles 876. (OliverQueen Ark Character name)

I am a veteran of ark if 5 years count as any type of experience for the game. (not that it matters)

but, I am not here to care if someone cares who i am in ark. Just opinions and some facts. 

I don't understand how people say basilo is stronger when clearly evidence says otherwise. 

but...i will let people argue for the sake of argue. I just show proof...and base my opinion on that evidence. 

Basilo is not stronger than Tuso. Evidence shows that is wrong. 

Manticore is still broken and adding 5 or 10 minutes not going to help anyone.

I guess 2x is a win for everyone. We can all agree on that.

Timers of higher/longer time dinos turn down to 18 hours from 28 you can call that improvement. Not that wasting 18 hours feeding is any fun.

Element not being transferable on PVE is weird. So why let element dust transfer? why not just block all element transfers? Just to make things more inconvenient? hmmm where is the logical argument on that? 

I can understand pvp blocking element transfer to prevent people from becoming too OP but on PVE it has no impact on the gameplay other than making things inconvenient. 

Why are thylas still not  allowed in boss fight? Who tha hell knows lol Not that anyone cares...i guess.

Also, want to point one thing out but the only reason we got boosted permanently to 2x (not 4x as ark devs misleadingly say compared to early access time to makes seem better than they are) is because  4x increased the population for a month to peak levels. So 2x is more of a low dosage to keep people somewhat addicted hoping for 4x later. Very psychological way of thinking of ark devs. #snkeakyDevs lol

If I remember correctly the original gathering was like 1 then turned to 1.5 on early access. Then on release it was 1.5, and now is 2x. 

Found the patch note of original configuration:
v219.0
New Server Game.ini configurable values:
[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
MatingIntervalMultiplier=1.0
EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=1.0
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=1.0 

God i had to go through a long time reading patch notes since the start lol (Side note: this was the earliest Config i found i would of missed one but i think this is the earliest one).

Well, hopefully this discussions reach the ark devs. I just think they are pretty bad with "balancing the game on PVE" cause they keep making it better for pvp but that doesnt mean is better for PVE when they just throw all pvp updates on pve for no reason. 

Not here to fight or argue...but...just throwing things out there that don't seem to make sense. 

1 hour ago, LEDminer said:

And my opinion on the basilo vs. tuso, neither is stronger. Both have situations where one is better.

In water caves the Basilo is currently the strongest out of the options above, due to:

• Complete immunity
  • Survivability / Bug free / not having things get stuck in your hit box.

Go into the west cave several times on a Tuso and its possible things may* go pear shaped if you're not careful.
Kill an ammonite by accident and you may find your hitbox full of saber salmon and unable to move or attack back.

Considering the main use for dinos in the ocean is cave loot or artifacts, the use of the other dinos is limited, so the generalisation stronger may be loosely applied and is fairly accurate.

Deep sea crates are easier / faster to get on Rag or SE. However with the liopleurodon changes, the mosa's and tuso's may get a bit more time now.

I don't understand how people say basilo is stronger when clearly evidence says otherwise. 
but...i will let people argue for the sake of argue. I just show proof...and base my opinion on that evidence. 

There is nothing to argue about. The only evidence u showed is that tuso has a slightly higher base damage, but u never take into consideration what actually happens when u are fighting groups of high lvl cave creatures in the underwater caves.

3 hours ago, Combinatrix said:

The changes seemed good to me honestly

Genesis servers are pretty quiet and almost dead leading up to this update and after this last wave of nerfs on genesis, its pretty much RIP genesis.

I love the map and content, but a second nerf on element is going to really push people back to extinction. and the hex farm + antidote nerfs......
Not sure what they're thinking honestly. They're just killing the map with these mind-blowingly stupid changes that make no sense.

Nothing but more Wild Card product manager incompetence. Whats meant to be a QOL release ends up being a whole swag of nerfs.

They even updated the tek helmet and couldnt even fix the hotkey issue to activate it, the number one problem with the tek suit. 
The biggest failure of a release I've seen to date. COMPLETE ABORTION. The product manager needs to be fired honestly.

11 hours ago, CamCam123 said:

I suspect you are missing the point. No one doubts that 65>47. Yet, overall basilo is still strongest if you compare these creature's practical use and you didn't provide any evidence or proof of the opposite.

Since you obviously didn't read my comments I will try different approach this time.

tuso_vs_basilo.jpg

I suspect you are missing the point. No one doubts that 65>47. Yet, overall basilo is still strongest if you compare these creature's practical use and you didn't provide any evidence or proof of the opposite.
Since you obviously didn't read my comments I will try different approach this time.

tuso_vs_basilo.thumb.jpg.2d94215638037746b79bbfc54f9877b3.jpg
Nice drawing, explains it really well.

9 hours ago, Castlerock said:
11 hours ago, deedoubleu said:

tuso_vs_basilo.thumb.jpg.2d94215638037746b79bbfc54f9877b3.jpg

Nice drawing, explains it really well.

lol 

Who has died on a Squid vs Mantas since the update which they fix the head problem? i mean, is like dying on a giga cause of a raptor lol

I think the problem isn't the squid... :P 

Also, Basilos are still very slow...VERY SLOW. lol

18 hours ago, MostSpy said:

Genesis servers are pretty quiet and almost dead leading up to this update and after this last wave of nerfs on genesis, its pretty much RIP genesis.

I love the map and content, but a second nerf on element is going to really push people back to extinction. and the hex farm + antidote nerfs......
Not sure what they're thinking honestly. They're just killing the map with these mind-blowingly stupid changes that make no sense.

Nothing but more Wild Card product manager incompetence. Whats meant to be a QOL release ends up being a whole swag of nerfs.

They even updated the tek helmet and couldnt even fix the hotkey issue to activate it, the number one problem with the tek suit. 
The biggest failure of a release I've seen to date. COMPLETE ABORTION. The product manager needs to be fired honestly.

Agree!

Tryed Today to Beat all Races, omg! Yes i tryed.... Frustrating Pur! Warp Over Warp, laaaag over laaaaag up to some DCD. What a beatiful Disaster Ark is, this Mindf.... to all Console or even PC Gamer (cant test there) is the Greatest ........ i needed to Play, see and feel how it is.

Checked evry Race and Top Position.

Gamma got evry Race 10 Entrys, ok.

Beta Races "King of Swing, Bog" got only 2 Entrys (now 3 ?), but ....... (ill take a depp breath and Meditate for 8 Hour)

Only 1 time in 3 Hours with Hardcore Lag Warps to what the.... is going on here.... where did i park my car last Night?.....  please please please and #$&@½%$???, till i Quitted first Time, to spend my Lifetime to do anything better.

Alpha Top Position, a few Races got full 10 Entrys.

Only 1 Entry in "Manta Manta, Ocean" (didnt test till now).

7 entry by "SumpfRallye, Bog".

0 Entrys in "King of Swing, Bog" and in "Tokyo Skifft, Lunar".

My Comment to "King of Swing, Bog" is already there.

"Tokyo Skifft, Lunar" .......... idk how to start ............ i mean, the look of Lunar is Mindblowing, the Track is awesome and when the Meterorites Smashing in front of u and u got full Speed and do a reverse 180 Spin to Nail the Corner nearly like the old "Michael Schumacher", it is.... BOOOOOOOM, awesomo!

........ (Meditate)

...... (cant find the Words how i feel for Evry Gamer, that get so deep Mindf.... from a Support like this.)

3h Hardcore Lags and Warps to frozen Screen for Seconds... i was by the Last Checkpoint only 3 Times in 3h and not able to Finish 1 time. If this is the Love (in 2020) that we get from sensless which Team or Person ever stand behind it. I would say:  "it is NO LOVE for the Gamers!" Since Start from Genesis, many Players take the Alpha Challenge, no one is able to Finish this Race, that is in Need to Summon the Alpha Ultimate Endfight. That i need to say: "This is not the Love that we Deserve!"

Im in a skill 2d Racer under Top 2000, in some Tracks under Top 50, belive my Reaction is good enough.

The Person that Decide to Add 15 seconds to evry Race and not looking 1 Time into the Races and which one got the Most Probs or need anything ti change, should be Fired! My Idea, Change Position on some Checkpoints. To many things need to Render on some checkpoints that the XBOX ONE/PS4 or a not Up to date PC got alot Probs to stay smooth and start Laggin.

Why all the breeding Changes? Who cares if a Mosa breed match now with some others? We cant Play ur Idea how u want, but u change not of interest things and dont Check Important things first! That is my Biggest Problem with Ark and it Destroy the last Love that i feel for Ark.

We need to Narrow our Problems better and need to hold together, we deserve a better Support, NOW!

Edit: All Names of Races are like in German Version.

lol 
Who has died on a Squid vs Mantas since the update which they fix the head problem? i mean, is like dying on a giga cause of a raptor lol
I think the problem isn't the squid... [emoji14] 
Still call yourself a ark veteran of 5 years if u havent experienced the caverns of lost faith, which is the environment setting we are using to compare which one is stronger. Normal mantas in the wild poses no threat to either basilo or tuso even if u aggroed those surrounding a wild basilo, but the caverns of lost faith have more than just mantas, including salmons which can bleed, and alpha sharks to boost normal sharks tankiness while they surround the tuso head making escape impossible and killing u faster. Add in a few jellies that can slow the tuso attack speed down.
Also the basilo speed is not that slow, and has nothing related to which is stronger also.

13 hours ago, CamCam123 said:

lol 

I think the problem isn't the squid... :P 

An excellent example!

Indeed, losing giga to single raptor would be silly, because giga has enormous AOE and can attack with whole body. Just like one of two creatures we discuss here. Can you guess which one is it?

To help a little, yet still keep this riddle challenging for you I will give a small hint - it's not tuso.

Oh and about head being fixed. I don't know what fix you are talking about, but small aquatics can still swim inside you and become invulnerable. Here is a test from this morning, v312.65. Feel free to dislike it, maybe that will fix the game.

9 hours ago, deedoubleu said:

An excellent example!

How long would a fresh tamed tuso survive in this Situation? A Basilo would swim slowly away....

Rex AOE is a bit like Tuso. A not overpowered Rex can kill by a horde Raptors from behind, on XBOX the movement to turn around is like a Truck, together with the Hits in the legs from behind, it is nearly impossible! Without a thing to get stuck with the Rex, its a Dangerous Situation. When an Yuty follow and Hits perma, ill start Pray.

On 7/31/2020 at 1:51 PM, CamCam123 said:

You can find me on valguero 545 pve pc or genesis 602, or even  Crystal isles 876. (OliverQueen Ark Character name)

I am a veteran of ark if 5 years count as any type of experience for the game. (not that it matters)

but, I am not here to care if someone cares who i am in ark. Just opinions and some facts. 

Manticore is still broken and adding 5 or 10 minutes not going to help anyone.

I guess 2x is a win for everyone. We can all agree on that.

Timers of higher/longer time dinos turn down to 18 hours from 28 you can call that improvement. Not that wasting 18 hours feeding is any fun.

Element not being transferable on PVE is weird. So why let element dust transfer? why not just block all element transfers? Just to make things more inconvenient? hmmm where is the logical argument on that? 

I can understand pvp blocking element transfer to prevent people from becoming too OP but on PVE it has no impact on the gameplay other than making things inconvenient. 

Why are thylas still not  allowed in boss fight? Who tha hell knows lol Not that anyone cares...i guess.

Also, want to point one thing out but the only reason we got boosted permanently to 2x (not 4x as ark devs misleadingly say compared to early access time to makes seem better than they are) is because  4x increased the population for a month to peak levels. So 2x is more of a low dosage to keep people somewhat addicted hoping for 4x later. Very psychological way of thinking of ark devs. #snkeakyDevs lol

If I remember correctly the original gathering was like 1 then turned to 1.5 on early access. Then on release it was 1.5, and now is 2x. 

Found the patch note of original configuration:
v219.0
New Server Game.ini configurable values:
[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
MatingIntervalMultiplier=1.0
EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=1.0
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=1.0 

God i had to go through a long time reading patch notes since the start lol (Side note: this was the earliest Config i found i would of missed one but i think this is the earliest one).

Well, hopefully this discussions reach the ark devs. I just think they are pretty bad with "balancing the game on PVE" cause they keep making it better for pvp but that doesnt mean is better for PVE when they just throw all pvp updates on pve for no reason. 

Not here to fight or argue...but...just throwing things out there that don't seem to make sense. 

It is 4x. 2x current rates which are 2x more than the real rates (vanilla) 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, d1nk said:

You remember incorrectly.

In June 2015 rates were 1x which was 1.0 in the config.

During Early Access rates were permanently increased to 2x i.e. 2.0 becoming the standard 1.0 in the config.

At Official Release of ARK the config was 1.0 which was still 2x EA. So it was 2x at release.

As of the next major patch the standard rate of 1.0 (which is 2x EA rates) will be doubled. This means the new config setting of 1.0 will be 4x Early Access rates of June 2015.

On 7/31/2020 at 5:46 PM, CamCam123 said:

I don't know if its easy mode after playing 13k hours on official pve/pvp that I want. If that is what you are suggesting. 

As 13k hour player starting when gigas where breed before tek and the baby stage was even longer than what it was before the update, when raptors were actually meaningful to tame, and when the pteradon was the most important flying dino in ark, seeing the ark devs not pay attention to Content rather than practically forcing a grind

(some people find the grind fun not going to lie but is a very Asian thing...reason why a lot of the best breeders are usually Asian/Russian)

to the general public when is only 2 groups that enjoy not sleeping in ark is pretty remarkable on pve official. 

Speaking of pve:

How hard is to Make the Manticore land?

How hard is it to allow people to carry wild dinoson pve? (i mean, am I the only one that finds  ridiculous seen a map full of traps blocking spawns for new people just because  "we can't carry dinos because? too easy? And making 10 freaking walls or 5 metal gates too hard?" Seriously? LMAO

In exchange we rather block map and resources because too easy? because why not make 10 walls 8 stone foundations or 5 gates is soooo hard. hmmm 

How hard is to make element transferable for PVE? and if not what is the reason behind it? I honestly believe there is no good reason to not allow element to be transferable on PVE. I think is that they use one system to make big changes and they would have to get out of their way to actually do what is best for PVE. Which they rarely do even though there are about the same number of players in pve official. 

How hard is it to block source nodes so that people don't build over them? 

To  this day in PVE official PC we still see [][][][] tribes (asian or russian) build over charging nodes on official. To this day we see [][][] tribes cheat brining Reapers to Crystal isles on official (devs if you are watching this go to Server official PVE Crystal isles on PVE on pc and go to the green oby in 876). 

Also, adding time to Valguero boss instead of adjusting the MAnticore is the laziest thing i have ever seen from them. Like, "here 5 more minutes because is to hard to write a command on a computer to not make the Manticore a not ghost object so you can get it stuck with your rexes" lol 

How hard is to Make the Manticore land?

--> tbh i have never had  aproblem with killing Manticore in time and its actually a bit of a "challenge" to shoot it down :D

How hard is it to allow people to carry wild dinoson pve? (i mean, am I the only one that finds  ridiculous seen a map full of traps blocking spawns for new people just because  "we can't carry dinos because? too easy? And making 10 freaking walls or 5 metal gates too hard?" Seriously? LMAO

--> if they enable that, they would actually make griefing available again because you just pick up wild dinos and throw them into another players base (i know i know - haters gonna say "derp you have the protect your own base derp derp). It is more about ppl not removing their so called "traps" that you should worry about. If there is a trap for a 1 hour tame and then removed - who cares...

How hard is to make element transferable for PVE? and if not what is the reason behind it? I honestly believe there is no good reason to not allow element to be transferable on PVE. I think is that they use one system to make big changes and they would have to get out of their way to actually do what is best for PVE. Which they rarely do even though there are about the same number of players in pve official. 

--> if they would do this, then they would take away the "difficulty" of some maps and "grinding" for resources on those maps (which is not really a grind anymore). If you want easy resources just go to Genesis :D

Also, adding time to Valguero boss instead of adjusting the MAnticore is the laziest thing i have ever seen from them. Like, "here 5 more minutes because is to hard to write a command on a computer to not make the Manticore a not ghost object so you can get it stuck with your rexes" lol 

--> there is actually not more time added - its still the same in the last runs that we did so that update failed anyways...

On 8/4/2020 at 8:00 PM, GP said:

You remember incorrectly.

In June 2015 rates were 1x which was 1.0 in the config.

During Early Access rates were permanently increased to 2x i.e. 2.0 becoming the standard 1.0 in the config.

At Official Release of ARK the config was 1.0 which was still 2x EA. So it was 2x at release.

As of the next major patch the standard rate of 1.0 (which is 2x EA rates) will be doubled. This means the new config setting of 1.0 will be 4x Early Access rates of June 2015.

How many Stones picked u up in the Release? 0,5? Right now we pick up 2 Stones, right? Not 4....!

Archived