TLC 3 Massive Disappointments

Scribelord

I wonder if griffins will be made breedable too. And if invertebrates become breedable, will they have realistic breeding? Because if so, male mantises are gonna become rare. And depending on what spider the current disaster is based on, possibly male araneo. I've heard you can get araneo and lymantria eggs, but they don't work for kibble. Mantises, boas (not technically an invertebrate, but it seems like it could become breedable), and pulmonoscorpius all had super valuable eggs, but they ended up becoming much less valuable. That leaves arthropleura and dung beetles without any type of egg. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/9/2020 at 3:49 AM, Zahlea said:

I'll always agree with anyone asking for more breeding :D I really want all creatures to be breedable! It would add so much to do and I love trying to find good stats and then breeding them together and going for mutations.

I get the objections on official servers for some creatures, but really - this game is so much bigger than the official servers. If they can't or won't balance a creature for breeding - just make it an ini option so that singleplayer and dedicated servers can add it at will!

Aaaaaanyways, back on topic! You really had me look up dung beetle life cycle :P Don't think they'll implement all that, but I'd be interested to see what they did with it if they did. Imagine spiders as well - should the female spin a huge blob and a while later millions of small araneos popped out? ?

IMO i think breeding the biggest and best dinos could be done is someway! maybe not in a normal way but in some way!

15 hours ago, Zahlea said:

Within seconds of reading this, I searched for it ? It wasn't bad though so maybe I got the wrong results.

Interesting, the standard search results are pretty tame, the one on the mantis Wikipedia page is a bit worse looking than most, and the one on that page showing them hatching...yikes.

12 hours ago, Scribelord said:

They haven't said yet, hopefully we know soon but what we do know is that carno likely isn't getting one since it got a big update with stuff like bleed recently 

according to the Ark Wiki TLC 3 was going to be 

the Pelesey, the Deer, and the Carno (i think there was another but i forgot)

i hope we get the Deer!

On 8/10/2020 at 5:28 PM, Udam said:

what are the animals that are getting the TLC anyways?

links?

No announcement at all yet of which creatures. They've previously said that it's going to be two creatures, but not which ones, in this post (underscore in quote by me):

Tender Love and Care Pass 3: This patch will overhaul two classic creatures with a new makeover containing updated models, animations, visuals, and new gameplay functionality for them. We'll also be doing further general quality of life, balance, and gameplay changes to the core-game in this update. Our much anticipated TLC 3 pass is planned for a simultaneous release on all platforms in October 2020! More on that a little later

However, there was a teaser in the latest community crunch that many took as Mantis becoming breedable (the picture of what looks like a baby mantis). A lot of people, me included, seem to take that as Mantis being one of the two TLC creatures.

Someone mentioned in the comments that the top picture was of Scorched Earth in the background and a giga in the foreground, but that gigas aren't on SE at the moment. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, it leads me to suspect that maybe the TLC is a TLC of SE, or of dinos on SE. Mind you, this is just wild speculations on my part.

41 minutes ago, Zahlea said:

No announcement at all yet of which creatures. They've previously said that it's going to be two creatures, but not which ones, in this post (underscore in quote by me):

However, there was a teaser in the latest community crunch that many took as Mantis becoming breedable (the picture of what looks like a baby mantis). A lot of people, me included, seem to take that as Mantis being one of the two TLC creatures.

Someone mentioned in the comments that the top picture was of Scorched Earth in the background and a giga in the foreground, but that gigas aren't on SE at the moment. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, it leads me to suspect that maybe the TLC is a TLC of SE, or of dinos on SE. Mind you, this is just wild speculations on my part.

I think it would be cooler as a chibi 

It looks awesome 

1 hour ago, Zahlea said:

tin foil hat time!

tin foil film GIF

SE needs a TLC. Ragnarok has all its creatures except the phoenix, and Genesis has a flyer which doesn't need to land, and a metal harvester that can smelt, which are both the phoenix's "powers." If you don't care about following the story, there's no reason to buy it.

You probably could beat it in a day if you are following the story. The Island, you would build up from nothing, play the game, get to the bosses. Aberration, you wouldn't even get your stuff for a while, and a standard boss army won't work. Extinction, you'll probably want the titans tamed, which takes time, plus you also need their trophies. Genesis Part 1, you'll need to complete the missions. However poor Scorched Earth only needs a transferred in rex army and a thylacoleo to speed-run the caves. It might take longer to do on beta or alpha, since you'll need trophies, but gamma won't take any time or effort. The map needs TLC.

However, I'm not so sure if it will happen. The exact quote about the TLC is "two classic creatures." The mantis wouldn't really qualify as "classic," at least not compared to things that were in at launch and a map isn't a creature, so the map probably won't get one, and the mantis might be "in addition." Also @Zahlea, I'd still be disappointed if the whole TLC was making a mantis and one other thing breedable. But I believe the mantis is unrelated to the TLC. Which is good, because if it's breeding AND special abilities, who knows what else might come. I hope after Gen 2 they go back and work in the other maps. The Island should probably just stay mostly the same, but there's a whole thread on improving The Center, SE is, like I said, not really that special, and Gen 1 is VERY buggy.

I didn't read this entire thread but we haven't seen what changes are occuring in the upcoming TLC patch.  They might only be completely redesigning two dinosaurs but that doesn't mean that they aren't doing a balance pass on others at the same time.  I think it's better to wait and see what the changes overall look like before everyone gets outraged.

15 hours ago, Udam said:

tin foil hat time!

I don't think that expression means what you think it means ?

13 hours ago, DodoRaptor said:

SE needs a TLC. Ragnarok has all its creatures except the phoenix, and Genesis has a flyer which doesn't need to land, and a metal harvester that can smelt, which are both the phoenix's "powers." If you don't care about following the story, there's no reason to buy it.

[...]

However, I'm not so sure if it will happen. The exact quote about the TLC is "two classic creatures." The mantis wouldn't really qualify as "classic," at least not compared to things that were in at launch and a map isn't a creature, so the map probably won't get one, and the mantis might be "in addition." Also @Zahlea, I'd still be disappointed if the whole TLC was making a mantis and one other thing breedable. But I believe the mantis is unrelated to the TLC. Which is good, because if it's breeding AND special abilities, who knows what else might come. I hope after Gen 2 they go back and work in the other maps. The Island should probably just stay mostly the same, but there's a whole thread on improving The Center, SE is, like I said, not really that special, and Gen 1 is VERY buggy.

You're probably right. It would make more sense to overhaul vanilla creatures and items as all players are guaranteed to have them as opposed to SE that you need to buy additionally. I'm actually starting to hope that you're right and they are making the Mantis breedable outside of the TLC! :D 

9 hours ago, Chewytowel said:

I didn't read this entire thread but we haven't seen what changes are occuring in the upcoming TLC patch.  They might only be completely redesigning two dinosaurs but that doesn't mean that they aren't doing a balance pass on others at the same time.  I think it's better to wait and see what the changes overall look like before everyone gets outraged.

The balance passes are just tweaking numbers and, as I wrote in a previous answer, in my opinion they don't count as TLC. They barely add anything and I'd be surprised if most of them took more than an hour including testing. To me, TLC is primarily a model overhaul but could also add new abilities or a rethinking of how the creature is used. Adding breeding would also count in my book, even without a model update, as that is a bigger feature as well.

Archived