TLC 3 Massive Disappointments

Scribelord

TLC 3 Disappointments

I'm sorry but I just have to get this out of my system.

2 raptoring creatures? Are you serious, we've waited months for info thinking they were making it exciting and fun and it's just 2 raptoring creatures? Why is it so incredibly low like what the hell and why did it take so long to announce 2 CREATURES 

They haven't announced which creatures so hopefully they went for something like the megalodon which badly needs a TLC and they at least picked 2 good creatures that are utterly useless currently but otherwise just what the actual raptor

I would have honestly been fine with 4, that's lower than the others and still leaves room for excitement but I'm more irritated than I am excited

Tell me if you think I'm being ridiculous or if you feel the exact same way as I do I want to see what everyone thinks about it

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite my immense disappointment with TLC 3 I think everything else in the recent community post is pretty exciting and negates it abit, but still 2 creatures is far to little for the long amount of time we had to wait

Genesis part 2 is looking fantastic and that new creature looks very exciting, I'm getting Cthulhu vibes from the poster so that's exciting.

And Crystal Isles coming sooner is also pretty good.

The creature changes feel pretty nice as well however it does remind me of the fact we are only getting 2 creatures in TLC 3 which instantly pisses me off again.

1 hour ago, LEDminer said:

I have to agree, only two creatures is disappointing. There's so many creatures that need a model update.

But on the positive side, we have a confirmed launch date for Gen2.

Yea, hopefully they end up doing more because 2 really does feel so incredibly anticlimactic especially after all this time of waiting for info on it

All the buffed creatures probably won't be getting full TLCs, they seem to be popular choices for it, but instead of actual TLCs, they're just getting buffs. That means carbonemys, carnos, liopleurodon, and dunkies (did they need one in first place?) will not be getting one. The two worst creatures who need one are the female megaloceros and araneo, I would say. Megalodon are pretty bad, but they're still functional. That being said, there was a list of creatures a while back, that were supposed to be getting TLCs, I think some were buffed recently, but the two that weren't are probably the ones that will get them.

Hopefully they do a really, really good job on the two creatures. I mean comparing a female megaloceros model to a TLC'd/newer creature, like ovis, raptor, megalainia, dire wolf, argent, yuty, thylacoleo, or trike, is like comparing a gold coin to a really old, rusted penny, that is in such bad shape, you can't even see the year it was made in. 

1 hour ago, DodoRaptor said:

All the buffed creatures probably won't be getting full TLCs, they seem to be popular choices for it, but instead of actual TLCs, they're just getting buffs. That means carbonemys, carnos, liopleurodon, and dunkies (did they need one in first place?) will not be getting one. The two worst creatures who need one are the female megaloceros and araneo, I would say. Megalodon are pretty bad, but they're still functional. That being said, there was a list of creatures a while back, that were supposed to be getting TLCs, I think some were buffed recently, but the two that weren't are probably the ones that will get them.

Hopefully they do a really, really good job on the two creatures. I mean comparing a female megaloceros model to a TLC'd/newer creature, like ovis, raptor, megalainia, dire wolf, argent, yuty, thylacoleo, or trike, is like comparing a gold coin to a really old, rusted penny, that is in such bad shape, you can't even see the year it was made in. 

Personally I'm hoping for Araneo and Megalodon

Plesiosaur could use a new model as well which is really unfortunate since there's still loads of creatures to choose from

I too am a little disappointed but honestly, take into consideration what is going on right now. I dont do the EXACT same job as a developer but I work as a database administrator and with COVID19 going on, having to work at home with LESS resources its really hard. We are lucky we even got 2 creatures remodeled in this TLC. Could they have picked more useful dinos? sure, but its not like its the last one so just try and be a little more patient my fellow survivors!!!

9 minutes ago, Alchemy said:

I too am a little disappointed but honestly, take into consideration what is going on right now. I dont do the EXACT same job as a developer but I work as a database administrator and with COVID19 going on, having to work at home with LESS resources its really hard. We are lucky we even got 2 creatures remodeled in this TLC. Could they have picked more useful dinos? sure, but its not like its the last one so just try and be a little more patient my fellow survivors!!!

Still though it is just 2 creatures at the end of the day which ehhhhh 

Like it isn't a expansion pack like Genesis part 2 and they have had it announced for months so it still feels like they were definitely not even thinking about TLC 3 at all in that timeframe

I think I'd even accept 3,  sure it's just 1 higher but so long as they are all fantastic and well designed then I think it excuses it but that is a big if 

Like I said I think 4 could have been a good number but oh well, it seems like they scrapped the carno TLC though since we got the patch coming out 

3 minutes ago, Scribelord said:

Still though it is just 2 creatures at the end of the day which ehhhhh 

Like it isn't a expansion pack like Genesis part 2 and they have had it announced for months so it still feels like they were definitely not even thinking about TLC 3 at all in that timeframe

Could have been worse .... there could have been no TLC update lol

3 minutes ago, Alchemy said:

Could have been worse .... there could have been no TLC update lol

True, honestly this one is definitely the weak link of the 3 TLC's we've gotten though that's for certain since I don't think any amount of changes to the 2 creatures could surpass the variety of the other 2 TLC passes we got, especially when we got things like spinosaurus from TLC 2 for example it would be hard just to top that but theres also more than just 2 creatures from that pass, same with TLC 1

1 minute ago, LEDminer said:

The situation is understandable, we have the coronavirus rampaging world wide among other things that 2020 brought us. The disappointment roots from the fact that the previous TLCs had more creatures, and since TLC3 was announced months prior, building up hype, hearing that we are getting only 2 creatures hurts like hitting a kentro.

We can only hope that once the dust settles, we might possibly get a TLC4... Depending on what they plan to do with ARK after they finish the story.

Honestly doing TLC's after Genesis would be a great way to extend the game life, theres still so many creatures that need a TLC, honestly a majority of the ocean and cave creatures could use one

Exactly. Since they no longer need to make new content, they could look back at earlier things and redo them. Not just creatures, but possibly maps (Scorched Earth ending) or technical things such as optimizing.

Honestly I think scorched earth needs a remake, ragnarok really messed it up so it would be cool to see stuff like new creatures, a actual ending and afew new places plus maybe afew changes to old places and creatures 

Although I feel like the carno should have gotten a TLC still, it would buff up the count to 3 and it's already getting new skills so why not just go full out and make a updated model for it, I feel like the skill side of things for the carno are already done basically with the upcoming creature patches they have planned

An ascension terminal in the desert arena. Maybe slap in extra levels and a new implant for ascending. For the cutscene, they could reuse The Island ascension with a few models changed.

The bleed makes me wonder if it could be used on bosses... It's beefier than the deino so it could change the bossfighting meta.

Yea, I actually made a topic awhile back about a scorched earth remake and my personal take on what I think could make scorched earth great again

And I imagine it probably would

23 minutes ago, Scribelord said:

Yea, I actually made a topic awhile back about a scorched earth remake and my personal take on what I think could make scorched earth great again

And I imagine it probably would

So have about a dozen others. Check SE forums, that's where countless posts about reworks go to die.

As to the TLC - I'm disappointed in the posters. I wouldn't expect any TLC to be done right now. "This is all they have after SO LONG" oh sweet summer child..worrying about deadlines is for the winter. You are but a summer child! 

The floodgates always open when a TLC is done, itll get the community juices flowing and a lot more will get done than just solely those 2 proposed dinosaurs (((Read carefully: Proposed TLC Dinos))

I just chose to quote Scribe, it isn't all pertaining to him exclusively.

Jumping the gun since you have no idea which creatures are getting a full TLC or what it entails. Discounting the minor TLC's is also mind blowing.

The Dunky getting Obsidian reduced weight by 75% means Genesis is now the premiere poly map. Carno bleed effect. Several balancing and buffs to the Bloodstalker. I can't even remember every dino they listed.

I will take the Devs to task when they do an obvious lackluster job but you guys are hammering them with no idea how or what is to be added. You are all being ridiculous.

Just now, yekrucifixion187 said:

Jumping the gun since you have no idea which creatures are getting a full TLC or what it entails. Discounting the minor TLC's is also mind blowing.

The Dunky getting Obsidian reduced weight by 75% means Genesis is now the premiere poly map. Carno bleed effect. Several balancing and buffs to the Bloodstalker. I can't even remember every dino they listed.

I will take the Devs to task when they do an obvious lackluster job but you guys are hammering them with no idea how or what is to be added. You are all being ridiculous.

Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the most negative of them all?

It's the ARK community. 

I just read over them myself and I'm excited for you guys. Looks like itll be a game changer!

It's not the end of the world

Do I think its going to be the weakest of the 3 TLC patches? Undeniably Yes, there's only so far you can go with updating 2 creatures and it really doesn't add up to what the other TLCs have done when you compare it to TLC 2 with stuff like the Argentavis and Spinosaurus for example and TLC 1 with the Procoptodon and the Direbear.

although that being said I think it could be good if they add in the megalodon, the megalodon has always been a popular candidate for TLC and I honestly can't think of anyone who would be opposed to it, its model is very outdated, it's lacking in exciting abilities and alot of people myself included would love to see a size buff to them so I think that would be a pretty good way to lift up TLC 3 with what's probably one of if not the most requested creature

7 hours ago, Scribelord said:

although that being said I think it could be good if they add in the megalodon, the megalodon has always been a popular candidate for TLC and I honestly can't think of anyone who would be opposed to it, its model is very outdated, it's lacking in exciting abilities and alot of people myself included would love to see a size buff to them so I think that would be a pretty good way to lift up TLC 3 with what's probably one of if not the most requested creature

I'll agree there. Making the megalodon larger would actually sweeten the deal a lot :P

12 hours ago, Fresiki said:

I'll agree there. Making the megalodon larger would actually sweeten the deal a lot :P

I think the regular megalodon should be buffed to Alpha Megalodon size, that would make them feel more impressive while also letting them still be numerous 

And if its buffed to that then stuff like the Alpha would be buffed to the Brute megalodons current size and the Brutes would be on par with the larger sea creatures, maybe bigger for all of them but I think that's a good size buff that works all around still.

Archived