StudioWildcard

Community Crunch 231: An Update on Genesis Pt 2, Upcoming Balance Pass, and Official Rates

On 7/27/2020 at 9:44 PM, Greatchawhee said:

Genesis 2 sounds good......... But we all know we are not seeing it till 2022. Christmas 2021 if we are lucky. They do this every dlc, TLC and major update. They give us a date. They fail to meet that date. They give us some excuse. They move the date out. So if they are saying 3\21 we know from previous examples it will be at least 5 or 6 months after said date.  I love this game. Truly I do. 8000 hours of single player and a 4th of that on top of multiplayer. Early access player. Yet I have learned a few things. One of those is they NEVER deliver on the day they say they will.  Wildcard..... Please don't make Genesis 2 all Tek creatures, and I believe it said 2 dinos were getting attention in tlc3.      What? I know 2 is better than 0 but come on many of the creatures need, NEED a revamp. Most are never used.

Everyone quote this post until the freicking devs listen or SO HELP ME

33 minutes ago, NOU123 said:

Everyone quote this post until the freicking devs listen or SO HELP ME

What is there to listen to?

Just because you may get frustrated about ETAs being missed that's your problem. It's better for ETAs to be missed than things rushed out because people think an ETA is a date set in stone.

There will also be more creatures get TLC, it's just this time there's 2 that have been focused on. You can't have everything in one go, have some patience.

On 7/28/2020 at 4:44 AM, Greatchawhee said:

Wildcard..... Please don't make Genesis 2 all Tek creatures 

It seemed to me that genesis 2 should be end of element and its corruption.

What somehow contradict with saying that genesis happening before extinction. So apart tek disaster maybe we get new materials and resources and new way to get energy.

This is a great change, the rates on official were pretty needlessly punishing.  It shouldn't be impossible to get a perfect tame on a dino with kibble.

I'd suggest some changes to breeding, like many others have.  I'll offer an example:  I'm currently raising Ravagers, a pretty entry-level tame, but they have a 2-day breeding timer and have VERY little room for error on imprinting.  They also take a really long time to raise, particularly to get out of the baby phase.

My suggestion:  Decrease the amount of time a dino is a baby in general.  I'd also suggest increasing the breeding values by at least 2x what it is without any special events.

Alternate suggestion: Once the 2x is permanently implemented, make evo events on the weekends 3x everything, including breeding/raising.

On 7/27/2020 at 7:13 PM, Dasham86 said:

Can you please increase the hypo and hyper protection on tek gear?  No reason to be in the sulfur fields and still be burning to death in end game gear.  Whereas I can go there in desert gear and have the small flame.

I think tek should prevent hypo and hyper thermia completely