Community Crunch 231: An Update on Genesis Pt 2, Upcoming Balance Pass, and Official Rates

StudioWildcard

On 7/28/2020 at 4:44 AM, Greatchawhee said:

Wildcard..... Please don't make Genesis 2 all Tek creatures 

It seemed to me that genesis 2 should be end of element and its corruption.

What somehow contradict with saying that genesis happening before extinction. So apart tek disaster maybe we get new materials and resources and new way to get energy.

This is a great change, the rates on official were pretty needlessly punishing.  It shouldn't be impossible to get a perfect tame on a dino with kibble.

I'd suggest some changes to breeding, like many others have.  I'll offer an example:  I'm currently raising Ravagers, a pretty entry-level tame, but they have a 2-day breeding timer and have VERY little room for error on imprinting.  They also take a really long time to raise, particularly to get out of the baby phase.

My suggestion:  Decrease the amount of time a dino is a baby in general.  I'd also suggest increasing the breeding values by at least 2x what it is without any special events.

Alternate suggestion: Once the 2x is permanently implemented, make evo events on the weekends 3x everything, including breeding/raising.

On 7/27/2020 at 7:13 PM, Dasham86 said:

Can you please increase the hypo and hyper protection on tek gear?  No reason to be in the sulfur fields and still be burning to death in end game gear.  Whereas I can go there in desert gear and have the small flame.

I think tek should prevent hypo and hyper thermia completely

• Thanks 1

Liopleurodon

• Increased buff timer from 30 minutes to 6 hours

If anyone cares about this, I wanted to see if they actually updated this on 7/30. My game ran the update and my server ran the update. I got on Ragnarok and tamed a Liopleurodon and the timer immediately showed 30 minutes.  Don't waste your time on this as it's still pretty much the most useless dino in Ark and now it's got an "non update" that still makes it just as useless.  Maybe what they meant was it gives you the buff after riding it for 6 hours. That could be possible but I wouldn't know because after it did its vanishing event at 30 minutes my game glitched out and crashed. I then had to shut my computer completely off and reload it all. When I got back on, of course I was killed by drowning and the buff was gone.  So no way of testing it. I posted a video of the tame on YouTube.  In it, you can see the timer at 30 minutes. Possible that the buff was still going but with the crash when it vanished, I'll never know and I'm not doing that again. LOL

On 8/4/2020 at 9:20 AM, Greatchawhee said:

Stop expecting PC benefits when you CHOOSE to play on console. You want the benefits of console, and the benefits of owning a PC. You can't have both. Look at the pros and cons of each. Just because the current console has a large hard drive and perhaps even a SSD doesn't mean you have the ram or Vram to run mods. You think 1 community must suffer because another suffer, why? What kind of thinking is that. under that mindset you shouldn't even have a console because there is some people in our world who doesn't have electricity.

Haga yeah, because everyone can afford a PC that can run Ark, you're totally right. There are NO benefits to Ark on console rather than the price, and newsflash, the consoles CAN run mods, or maybe Fallout 4 and Skyrim console mods simply don't exist? Are you that stupid? And how is it "suffering" for PC to not get the mods until console does? Don't give me that crap. We get literally nothing exceot for double the delay that PC gets with virtually every update. 

But HURDYRR pc master race. 

On 8/4/2020 at 6:34 AM, GP said:

PC got it first because it was already developed for PC platform and required little fine tuning.

Console get it later because it needs further development to be ready for console platforms.

So your solution is to hold back the Mod deployment on PC for several months when it is already ready for deployment, just so that the Devs can deploy it to console first, and then what, hold off deploying on PC even longer when it's been ready for months?

Do you even hear how absurd that sounds?

Then why is it that jist about every company ever is somehow able to keep updates near simultaneous across their platforms? How are Wildcard trash devs the only ones known for such substantial delays and disparity between them? Keep sucking them off like the good little sheep you are

BTW @StudioWildcard

I got a quick maths lesson it appears someone on the team cant add up.

- Boss Fight timer on Valguero has increased from 20 minutes to 30 minutes.

When u increase the timer from 20min to 30min its 20+10=30 you know not 20+2 at the moment its 22min and not 30min how is it even possible to get a simple maths wrong?

BTW [mention=180634]StudioWildcard[/mention]
I got a quick maths lesson it appears someone on the team cant add up.

- Boss Fight timer on Valguero has increased from 20 minutes to 30 minutes.

When u increase the timer from 20min to 30min its 20+10=30 you know not 20+2 at the moment its 22min and not 30min how is it even possible to get a simple maths wrong?

22min is the old timer, it just means they havent increased it yet.

• 3 weeks later...