Community Crunch 231: An Update on Genesis Pt 2, Upcoming Balance Pass, and Official Rates

StudioWildcard

Where the fudge is the dunkleostus changes that you promised on Thursday july 30th? Why can't these clowns ever deliver what they say? At a certain point it just gets to be too much. I don't like insulting people, but you numbskulls take the cake I swear! Just stop promising stuff, put your noses to the grindstone and work!! Only talk what you know when you deliver it! I am beyond fed up with these LIES!!! 

• Facepalm 2

18 hours ago, ccz2887 said:

[[condensed a bit]]

I don’t breed dinos that much because it’s such a time consuming task, and especially those of us out there that have a life outside of ark(Work, families, kids etc).  Yeah cryopods are nice but that 13 day raise for a giga turns into a 1 month raise for a good share of players, unless an event comes along. 

this should be addressed. i agree that gigas need to have an impressive maturation time because they are one of thee most powerful tames in the entire game but it does not need to be 330 hours of in game actively babysitting to raise one. do you have any idea what we as players could be doing in our lives with 330 hours instead of sitting chained to our desk to have one nice thing in your game?

Could we get a better spyglass?  Maybe like a tek scope or something that we can check stats of animals before knock out. 

OMG YES WE NEED THIS!! they kind of had the right idea with this for genesis when HLNA will show you if you hold the H button but a spyglass is so nice for this. there is even a mod for it actually called "Awesome spyglass"

Allow element to be transferred in pve?  That would be super nice especially for small and solo tribes.  You opened that can of worms with the addition of extinction.  One more thing on transfers, GET RID OF THE TIMER ON TRANSFERS FOR PVE!!!  That might help with the lag on pve servers because of the timers every 15 minutes. 

allowing element transfers for pve would be awesome. im not sure that they will do it but possibly. they figured out how to do it with cryosickness which has been a blessing!

Last thing, can you please stop giving us console players little appetizers in regards to mods.  I’m no coder and I understand that there’s a lot of work in getting a pc mod to work on a console, but the S+ mod is a perfect example of what I’m talking about.  We got a fraction of what that mod has in regards to structures, and from what I have seen is there are a lot of things in that mod that could have been added to console and were just shrugged off.  You said that you guys heard us loud and clear, but from what I read it almost sounds like you only heard what you wanted to and that was it.

the entire S+ would be great but i can see why they would not do it. the structure options would be great but if they added in the full patch then people would never remake structures they would just pick up what they built and move it somewhere else. since the S+ mod allows that feature. you would also run into a few difficulties with making the items not be broken for official usage. like the pillars that can stretch instead of one high they are able to change form to i think up to 12 high for the same amount of materials. once its placed you can change the size as many times as you want.. that i could see being a problem and exploited by someone.

You are absolutely right foxyfoxtrot, it would be a major headache to implement the entire S+ mod for console.  What I was talking was like the large pillars like the large walls, the ability to flip a sloped wall (which I never understood why that wasn’t a thing from the start) and so on, some of the features of the S+ mod would never come to console which would be alright, it just sucks we only got a small sample of it.  Oh there would definitely be aspects of S+ being exploited but we all know that WC could change some things to keep the exploits down.  Transferring element on pve to me just makes sense, yeah you can buy jacked up rexes everywhere to run bosses but I like to build my own lines as much as possible, which is time consuming, months and months of consistent and constant breeding.  And it takes just as much time to gather the stuff to run boss fights for element as it does transferring to extinction, running 3 or 4 veins and transferring back.  Maybe it’s a fear from WC that if they allowed that then no one would run boss fights which isn’t true.  We still have to run the fights to get the tek engrams.  Most people on my servers run the fights a few times to get engrams, help others get the engrams and them they don’t run em again for a long time.  With the breeding/maturation, I can see where there would be some issues in pvp with permanent boosted breeding but overall IMO it would actually make Pvp a little more fair.  Also not make pve (and pvp) feel so much like a grind all the time.  There are so many ways that a balance can be achieved so you still have the challenge but it doesn’t feel like a daunting challenge, WC just needs to stop and actually listen to us when we speak up.  

On 7/31/2020 at 7:15 PM, Gamborg said:

So when is this supposed to take effect? 
It certainly felt like the movement speed was boosted. If I'm not imagining it. But the weight reduction is not applied at all to my X-Dunk

dunReduction.thumb.jpg.0d27ec758629361a6143dfa74209d10b.jpg

Weight reduced to completely normal weight, however we will round this down to approximately 75% less for obsidian and approximately 50% for the rest

On 7/30/2020 at 8:06 AM, GP said:

It does add up, but only if you are a player that has played since 2015.

Originally the very original stats which were 1x (1.0) were later permenantly increase by 2x. That 2x became the standard 1.0.

So the servers you are playing on now are already 2x standard rate.

Now with the upcoming increase the new standard 1.0 will become 4x what it originally was in 2015

When this changes will be on?

1 hour ago, SmokePVP145 said:

Why cant breeding be moved to permanently 2x on official 

No we need x3 on official...i'm bored to "work" on this game,i want to play PVP, and here we lost tons of dinos everyday and so we need to growth them again in a few time. Managarmr: 3 days for 100% growth...every 8h i need to imprint...i can't be online every 8h, wottafack...it seems like a job.

THIS GAME MECHANICS ARE poop. THEY ARE BORING...AND NOT FUNNY. 

19 minutes ago, JohnnyWaffles said:

It is.  But what we really need is 2x breeding and maturation

No, we need x4 maturation (on pvp mode), maybe x6. Why do you accept this boring game mechanics? Why we should wait 7 days for 1 giga, putting clock alarm every 8h? A lot of people go to school or work...we can't stay 24h following this game...

10 minutes ago, SuperPorz said:

No, we need x4 maturation (on pvp mode), maybe x6. Why do you accept this boring game mechanics? Why we should wait 7 days for 1 giga, putting clock alarm every 8h? A lot of people go to school or work...we can't stay 24h following this game...

If you want every bob running around with gigas then I think your expectations match better with some of the private servers out there.

• Like 1

It would be awesome to play Gen 2, but my main server (SA 504) https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/ark/76087  is currently with connection timeout issues. No one can login since the last balance update. I'm afraid we are going to lose many things if nothing is done quickly. Please, check it out. ?

Server is back, thank you! ?

Edited by Shadowbringer

21 minutes ago, PikaSaurus said:

Just quit lying about simultaneous release on all platforms. You guys prove time and time again that you dont care much about console players. We should've been the first to get Crystal Isles official, since PC already hass dozens of times more maps, but no. Just stop. 

The game is developed on a PC, and first ever released on PC, u know it takes time to port it over to consoles right.  Why should PC users wait when it's already available after it's written 

57 minutes ago, reddotjellytot said:

The game is developed on a PC, and first ever released on PC, u know it takes time to port it over to consoles right.  Why should PC users wait when it's already available after it's written 

Why should console players have to wait when we have less than 10% the content that PC has? I'm saying we SHOULD get it first because of that, but instead Wildcard lies like the trash they are about poop releasing simultaneously 

• Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, PikaSaurus said:

Why should console players have to wait when we have less than 10% the content that PC has? I'm saying we SHOULD get it first because of that, but instead Wildcard lies like the trash they are about poop releasing simultaneously 

PC got it first because it was already developed for PC platform and required little fine tuning.

Console get it later because it needs further development to be ready for console platforms.

So your solution is to hold back the Mod deployment on PC for several months when it is already ready for deployment, just so that the Devs can deploy it to console first, and then what, hold off deploying on PC even longer when it's been ready for months?

Do you even hear how absurd that sounds?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PikaSaurus said:

Stop expecting PC benefits when you CHOOSE to play on console. You want the benefits of console, and the benefits of owning a PC. You can't have both. Look at the pros and cons of each. Just because the current console has a large hard drive and perhaps even a SSD doesn't mean you have the ram or Vram to run mods. You think 1 community must suffer because another suffer, why? What kind of thinking is that. under that mindset you shouldn't even have a console because there is some people in our world who doesn't have electricity.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 9:44 PM, Greatchawhee said:

Genesis 2 sounds good......... But we all know we are not seeing it till 2022. Christmas 2021 if we are lucky. They do this every dlc, TLC and major update. They give us a date. They fail to meet that date. They give us some excuse. They move the date out. So if they are saying 3\21 we know from previous examples it will be at least 5 or 6 months after said date.  I love this game. Truly I do. 8000 hours of single player and a 4th of that on top of multiplayer. Early access player. Yet I have learned a few things. One of those is they NEVER deliver on the day they say they will.  Wildcard..... Please don't make Genesis 2 all Tek creatures, and I believe it said 2 dinos were getting attention in tlc3.      What? I know 2 is better than 0 but come on many of the creatures need, NEED a revamp. Most are never used.

Everyone quote this post until the freicking devs listen or SO HELP ME

• Volunteer Moderator
33 minutes ago, NOU123 said:

Everyone quote this post until the freicking devs listen or SO HELP ME

What is there to listen to?

Just because you may get frustrated about ETAs being missed that's your problem. It's better for ETAs to be missed than things rushed out because people think an ETA is a date set in stone.

There will also be more creatures get TLC, it's just this time there's 2 that have been focused on. You can't have everything in one go, have some patience.