Community Crunch 231: An Update on Genesis Pt 2, Upcoming Balance Pass, and Official Rates

StudioWildcard

1 minute ago, CTheRain said:

I've made my racks to make breeding easier for me. Females already in place that never need changing out. Just put the male on mating and collect eggs/wait on gestation. It would take a huge amount of time to cryo everything out and back up. Which can be time used for farming.

it takes time yes but it would also stop of unnecessary things from happening. an example of this would be the people who pull out roll rats and just set them to breed continuously to kill servers? another instance when it comes in handy would be it should theoretically lessen the lag when an event happens. less creatures out breeding at the same time means the event runs more smoothly. it makes people pick and choose what their goals are and then work to achieve those goals not just mass quantity for the sake of cutting corners.

1 hour ago, edycod said:

updated, I go in and pick up a stone and my surprise is that it is x2, so where is the x4, I do not understand where the x4 is hahaha

I would have to have 4 rocks in my inventory and I only have 2, the official server

Yeah, I read the update too quickly as well. It has since been pointed out that this change will happen in the next MAJOR update, which apparently isn't this one...

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, edycod said:

updated, I go in and pick up a stone and my surprise is that it is x2, so where is the x4, I do not understand where the x4 is hahaha

I would have to have 4 rocks in my inventory and I only have 2, the official server

Rate increases are scheduled for the next MAJOR version patch, this was a MINOR version patch.

So when you see the patch go from 312.xx to 313.xx that is the major version change.

Edited by GP

Could you ever make a sponsered mod come to ark again similair to the Primitive+ mode, I think it was great especially if you wanted to rely on dinos instead of tek, Theres a lot of mods people make that are amazing. I think you could easily add some of the small ones in and I hope you see this. Also can't wait for this TLC update.

@Jatheish @StudioWildcard  But...what about the lag? It actually causes the game to be hours behind compared to real time. Don't believe me? Check the decay timers, set an alarm, and you'll see the difference. You lose roughly 2 hours per day. I attribute this to the insane lag that has never, and probably will never, be fixed because wildcard is more interested in profit than quality.

Edited by Calabash

I'm passionate about work as a whole, but I won't shut up when I see something wrong, you can explain it to me in a professional way because 504 is always the last server to come back online. The server is online but no one can enter, this is a constant. You can hate the South American people, but I help to pay your salary, be professional stop giving loss in the rank of the server and treat it with respect.

fail att.gif

3 hours ago, Bringerovstormz said:

So when do we get this so called Balance QoL update?? I mean I got a 5gb update that did absolutely nothing, except make the game run worse.  

I sure know that feeling, I run a ps4 prim+ server and I currently have that stupid ass glitch where I'm standing on or through the dinos. My last resort it to uninstall and then reinstall, to be quite honest that's a pain in the ass I really don't wanna deal with. But I guess that glitch isn't worth taking care of or fixing so I'm goin to have to just not tame anything. Which defeats purpose of the game in all honesty.

Edited by Tigerlilly

Dunkleosteus
 - Reduced weight of Obsidian in inventory by approximately 75%
 - Reduced weight of metal, stone, crystal, and black pearls by approximately 50%
 - Increased swim speed by approximately 20%

So when is this supposed to take effect? 
It certainly felt like the movement speed was boosted. If I'm not imagining it. But the weight reduction is not applied at all to my X-Dunk

dunReduction.thumb.jpg.0d27ec758629361a6143dfa74209d10b.jpg

Look, im solo, i managed to get get all kinds of top lines through raiding and the only problem was the maturation times. Being solo i cant maintain a crazy base, so i have to find hiding spot for a few hrs to raise dinosaurs, many babys get killed by raiders, but some make it. And then I finally get giga babys and that maturation time made me totally quit the game. If you please bring back 2x maturation i would love this game so much. Honestly x3 or 4 would be bettet but x2 is nessasary

First I want to start by saying that I like what I saw in the info as far as this community crunch!  Sweet!  It’s about time!  On the flip side it doesn’t go far enough.
Well I know I’m late to the party but I have the same concerns about the breeding/raising rates as everyone else.  Seriously who had that brainless idea?  Yeah as a solo pve player the harvesting rates help but in the name of all things holy why was breeding/raising not considered?  I don’t breed dinos that much because it’s such a time consuming task, and especially those of us out there that have a life outside of ark(Work, families, kids etc).  Yeah cryopods are nice but that 13 day raise for a giga turns into a 1 month raise for a good share of players, unless an event comes along.  With cryopods, how about adding in a little more info with them, like whether a dino is saddled or not, or the imprint value, maybe even a mutation counter on it so we don’t have to throw 50 cryos just to find what we need.  Speaking of events, part of the lag is when a normal server pop of 15-20 skyrockets to almost 50 pop in an instant.  Not to mention that the last 5-6 events starting with the fear evolved event have been plagued with patches and updates just to get the event to run right within the first week! 

In regards to the TLC, c’mon Wildcard I could step just outside of my base with a slingshot and have the rock bounce off 15 dinos heads that need a TLC.  Quetz, mammoth, pteranodon, carno, bronto, woolly rhino, anky, and doed just to name a few.  While I’m on this topic how about fixing some mistakes you guys made with nerfs (part of separate balances between pve and pvp).  If the dinos getting the TLC were part of those nerfs REMOVE THE NERF PLEASE!  

The topic of the balances, allow movement speed on flyers in pve again!  The last 4 maps that have been added are freaking enormous, with the inclusion of CI, and you guys kicked flyers in the nuts right before you released the biggest map ever at that point (ragnarok).  If it appeals to both sides put a limit on the movement speed for them proportional to the flyer!  Give the quetz a weight reduction of mats.  Could we get a better spyglass?  Maybe like a tek scope or something that we can check stats of animals before knock out.  Allow element to be transferred in pve?  That would be super nice especially for small and solo tribes.  You opened that can of worms with the addition of extinction.  One more thing on transfers, GET RID OF THE TIMER ON TRANSFERS FOR PVE!!!  That might help with the lag on pve servers because of the timers every 15 minutes.  Most of us pve players have come to accept the render lag that comes from bases.  Yes some bases are massive and have a tendency to dashboard players, we just give that tribe a razing and stay away from that area as much as possible.  Basically what I’m getting at is that there was actually a lot to do in pve before you guys started breaking what was working and added more broken content on top of broken mechanics.

Last thing, can you please stop giving us console players little appetizers in regards to mods.  I’m no coder and I understand that there’s a lot of work in getting a pc mod to work on a console, but the S+ mod is a perfect example of what I’m talking about.  We got a fraction of what that mod has in regards to structures, and from what I have seen is there are a lot of things in that mod that could have been added to console and were just shrugged off.  You said that you guys heard us loud and clear, but from what I read it almost sounds like you only heard what you wanted to and that was it.  Sorry for the book, don’t disappoint us anymore WC, please.  Looking forward to what is coming in the future and you guys have done an awesome job in the heart of some very strange times in this crazy ass world.  I hope you all are staying safe and healthy!