Community Crunch 231: An Update on Genesis Pt 2, Upcoming Balance Pass, and Official Rates

StudioWildcard

17 hours ago, 36Chambers said:

Don't know if you using it but oviraptor's decrease breeding timers and stack up to 2 or 3 times when over encumbered and placed on wandering. 

I don't know where you've gotten this information but it's just completely wrong, one look at the wiki and you'll see that's not listed as an ability, the only buff it has is the boosted unfert egg and feces laying rates

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mett said:
  • Standard Official Servers: 1x harvesting, taming, and XP (which is equivalent to 4x when considering our old values)
  • Small Tribes Servers: Smalls will have their taming, harvesting, and XP changed to 2.5x (which is equivalent to 5x when considering our old values)
  • Apocalypse Servers: These will remain at 3x harvesting, taming, and XP (which is equivalent to 6x when considering our old values)

@StudioWildcard@WildcardJen How does 1x become 4x rates?  Your math doesn't add up on Standard Official Servers by your own calculations - Shouldn't it read "2x harvesting, taming, and XP (which is equivalent to 4x when considering our old values)" OR "1x harvesting, taming, and XP (which is equivalent to 2x when considering our old values)" depending on what you hope to achieve?

This is the current 1x. It is 2x of what it had been before, and is 4x the first ark settings, that the "old timers" had.

Edited by DodoRaptor
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, gonsec said:

Awesome change. I request two more...

1. Add SS Super Structures as a perm addition to official Ark. It's by far the best mod in this game.
2. Add roll rats, rock drakes (or make them crystal drakes) and normal wyverns to Crystal Isles. Please.

yes yes yes to both

also add the liquified creatures back to Crystal Isles

Still excited for CI, but some of the stuff that was taken away makes it seem like it'll be a pretty map with a new creature and 3 variations of existing ones

still, that's not a complaint really, just slightly disappointed, not a biggie

I just started playing this game so I have a couple of questions regarding the below.

Megachelon
 - Reduced Shell Resistance by 30% (from 80% to 50%)
 - Reduced Health Per Level gains by approximately 15%

Does the Health nerf apply to single player?

Is the Health nerf retroactive to previous level ups or will only be for levels ups after the change?

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, Mett said:
  • Standard Official Servers: 1x harvesting, taming, and XP (which is equivalent to 4x when considering our old values)
  • Small Tribes Servers: Smalls will have their taming, harvesting, and XP changed to 2.5x (which is equivalent to 5x when considering our old values)
  • Apocalypse Servers: These will remain at 3x harvesting, taming, and XP (which is equivalent to 6x when considering our old values)

@StudioWildcard How does 1x become 4x rates?  Your math doesn't add up on Standard Official Servers by your own calculations - Shouldn't it read "2x harvesting, taming, and XP (which is equivalent to 4x when considering our old values)" OR "1x harvesting, taming, and XP (which is equivalent to 2x when considering our old values)" depending on what you hope to achieve?

It does add up, but only if you are a player that has played since 2015.

Originally the very original stats which were 1x (1.0) were later permenantly increase by 2x. That 2x became the standard 1.0.

So the servers you are playing on now are already 2x standard rate.

Now with the upcoming increase the new standard 1.0 will become 4x what it originally was in 2015.

Basilosaurus
 - Increased deep-sea-depth value at which damage taken by approximately 30%
Bloodstalker
 - Reduced armour penetration by approximately 35%
 - Reduced durability damage by 50%
Carno
 - Added 30% armour penetration to the Left Click attack
 - Added a Bleed effect to the right click attack which does up to 5% of targets health over 10 seconds, cannot
   be stacked but the timer can be reset.
Carbonemys
 - Increased resistance to TEK Turrets by 10%
Dunkleosteus
 - Reduced weight of Obsidian in inventory by approximately 75%
 - Reduced weight of metal, stone, crystal, and black pearls by approximately 50%
 - Increased swim speed by approximately 20%
Liopleurodon
 - Increased buff timer from 30 minutes to 6 hours
Megachelon
 - Reduced Shell Resistance by 30% (from 80% to 50%)
Paracer

sorry but is this some kinda joke do any of your devs pvp how about balancing the mana and the fact it is over powered in every way. The fact they can go to every map is stupid, you can also breed them but not wyverns???? 

7 hours ago, ElectricJ said:

Very glad to see most of these changes, PLEASE ADD OPTION TO SKIP GENESIS SPAWN INTRO.

this. i agree with this also on teleporting into the map. i just wish she would stfu ... lol. i remember in the beginning of genesis this intro would get you murdered. so all in all. stupid intro lets hope they do not implement this into genesis 2.0 and they learned. wont hold my breath but can hope. right? lol ....

On 7/28/2020 at 4:21 AM, invincibleqc said:

Which makes it boring! This won't win me any friends but; they should make Mantas the "Dimorphs" of the sea and make them target riders. I think this could bring some challenging aspects of being in the sea regardless of the mount you have on both PvP and PvE. Imagine a pack of Mantas breaking your scuba tank before you have time to react. ?

that is absolutely dumb get stuck in a bunch of mantas anyway they will mess up your day. raptor you up ... lol target riders yeah and get dced under the sea because we all know it happens regardless of the mount you are on. yeah they implement this and you and everyone else would be pissed off and never step foot in the ocean because of a broken mechanic. if this happened with the mantas you would be dead almost in an instant in the ocean. theirs challenging and flat out dumb and broken and this is one of those that is a dumb idea. that is all. before you have time to react what was you thinking when you even came up with that idea? ???

Edited by slayerofzombs87

On 7/28/2020 at 2:17 PM, CTheRain said:

To mutation breed and have the best chances we keep out 75 of each species we want to mutate. Rhinos, Velos, Gigas, Wyverns, etc etc. 500 is just too little. Even on MTS it was a struggle because you need to think about raid defense/offense. Or we can go back to what happened the last time they limited the amount. Alt tribes everywhere.

Breedable dinos i could actually understand.. adult ice wyverns from ragnarok can NEVER BE BRED. fire, lightening and poison wyverns from any map can also NEVER BE BRED. so the point of having anything over a couple of wyverns per person in your tribe is just dumb. there is no reason to have 400+ non crystal isle wyverns just sitting somewhere.

crystal isles wyverns would be the exception to this as you can actually breed those so that is ((basically)) a completely different kind of creature. additionally you dont have to have tons of dinos sitting out. breed it and put it back in a pod, or only breed one strain of something at a time. they cant breed again until the timer is up anyway. or breed more strategically and selectively. it does not matter the number of allowed tames is, honestly if people are going to alt tribe it to get more dinos or some other junk, what makes you think they arent already doing it now?

Edited by foxyfoxtrot

On 7/29/2020 at 6:44 AM, SuperPorz said:

I can't see anything good for PVP player...i can undesrtand that the develop team need to implement also for PVE players, but in PVP we lost tons of dinos in fight...and you will increase RHINOS maturation...Giga need 7 days to growth...so for 7 days i have to put clock alarm every 8h...

This is not a game...is a work. So i need to be payed. 

We need 2 different develop lines: PVE - PVP. PVP need mpre speed on breeding dinos...and also taming. 

Make this game...like a game, not a work. 

these are the costs of pvp. you are either going to be a god at it or nerfed into the dirt.

1 hour ago, foxyfoxtrot said:

additionally you dont have to have tons of dinos sitting out. breed it and put it back in a pod, or only breed one strain of something at a time. they cant breed again until the timer is up anyway. or breed more strategically and selectively.

I've made my racks to make breeding easier for me. Females already in place that never need changing out. Just put the male on mating and collect eggs/wait on gestation. It would take a huge amount of time to cryo everything out and back up. Which can be time used for farming.