Community Crunch 231: An Update on Genesis Pt 2, Upcoming Balance Pass, and Official Rates

StudioWildcard

1 hour ago, Ministeri said:

Considering the next-gen consoles are coming, is ARK going to get any enhancements and improvements for those platforms? Or possibly brand new versions?

This is what I am curious about. Is Ark going to try to transfer over to the next gen consoles (and maybe continue with the lifespan a bit; Extinction was supposed to be the epic conclusion, too) or finish out the game on the current hardware and move onto that sequel that has been talked about since 2017?

Edited by Calico45
To add the "?"
  • Like 1

This is all great guys, well I definitely agree about the multiplying rates, I think x 4 is actually the way to go... But this is the serious issue... 

What's with your god damned servers? The lag is constant, it's genuinely broken, from the 20 second lag every 15 minutes, to the constant jittering, guys seriously... You're holding the game back so much and it's so frustrating for people like me who have literally... PLAYED NOTHING ELSE since I came across Ark 2 months ago... 

Much love for the game, but servers, plllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! ❤️ 

Also another massive issue... Why can't people keep their properties and dinos they had before joining a tribe? That's really messed up and caused incredible heartache... 

Edited by Gumbar

4 hours ago, foxyfoxtrot said:

i completely agree with you. something needs to be done about the insane amount of dinos people leave just laying out for no reason. breeding i get it. no one literally needs 500 dinos at the same time. one individual on Scorched Earth 55 has built over nearly a quarter of the map by themselves. it is just irresponsible that that is even able to happen on an official server.

like my previous post this sort of thing is above and beyond being ridiculous.

Ridiculous Wyvern overload.jpg

To mutation breed and have the best chances we keep out 75 of each species we want to mutate. Rhinos, Velos, Gigas, Wyverns, etc etc. 500 is just too little. Even on MTS it was a struggle because you need to think about raid defense/offense. Or we can go back to what happened the last time they limited the amount. Alt tribes everywhere.

15 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Which makes it boring! This won't win me any friends but; they should make Mantas the "Dimorphs" of the sea and make them target riders. I think this could bring some challenging aspects of being in the sea regardless of the mount you have on both PvP and PvE. Imagine a pack of Mantas breaking your scuba tank before you have time to react. ?

Mantas with a saddle might be a bit OP, maybe the ability to tame piranhas and breed them would be a better solution for a "sea dimorph." Either way I agree with you, it woul dmake sea life much more interesting to have something like this :)

- TEK Turrets now require double the amount of shards per bullet
 Carbonemys
 - Increased resistance to TEK Turrets by 10%

Maybe tek turrets shouldn't use twice as many shards each bullet on small tribes especially not on the island and other maps that is hard to get element on. It's hard enough for 6 people to be online 24/7 so you are not getting raided  but now with this update it will be so much easier to soak a base offline so you basically have to be more online. The turtle lines on official are already extremely good so why increase the resistance on turtles to tek turrets when they also use twice as many shards?

Edited by Bibbesnip

19 hours ago, Swish said:

Breeding should be address.. almost 2 days to breed Snow Owls or any other dinos. Thats crazy and takes the fun out of breeding anything. Might as well buy dinos off of other people. Also, should address all the Lag on 90% of the servers. This lag makes the game almost unplayable at times. I've even had a GM comment on how bad the server lag was, and they were only there for 5 mins.

what? read the patch notes before posting comments XD... they are buffing breeding, 2x is now 1x, so everything will take half the time it use to take to raise

17 hours ago, Evandinoboy said:

I love all of this news, but there is one issue I wanted to ask about that I don’t see anyone else asking. Is there a way to make the underwater goggle effect work on every map and not just on the island? I keep missing out on underwater event coloring because I can’t see any of the creatures clearly and the effect doesn’t work on either the goggles or the tek helmet outside of the island map.

If you use a gas mask and go into first person mode everything under water is clear as on land 

15 minutes ago, Rodrigo339294 said:

what? read the patch notes before posting comments XD... they are buffing breeding, 2x is now 1x, so everything will take half the time it use to take to raise

Maybe you should read the patch notes before commenting.. Official Server rates will now have increased default rates for Harvesting, Taming, and XP.  Where does it say breeding? SMH

Edited by Swish

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Rodrigo339294 said:

Please take your own advice. The patch notes state XP/Harvesting/Taming will be increasing 2x. Breeding is not.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 hours ago, Penney said:

That isnt true at all. You have to claim the babys first to make them follow you but if mosa and other babys are literally inside the adult mosa and not wandering anymore u cant even claim them without cryoing the mothers which will be really annoying for mutation breeders. Ofc there is mods that autoclaim babys etc but ppl with those mods dont even use more than 10 females for mutation breeding. Official ppl have like 50-100 females and imagine u have 100 pregnant mosas with babys inside the mother and cant claim a single baby and have to cryo and uncryo 100 females every hatch with cryosickness on pvp.

56 minutes ago, Brekot said:

But you have to claim them first and if they don’t wonder they won’t come out from their mothers to be claimed

Yup I forgot they only follow if claimed. ?

Genesis Part 2, "Your survival ends here"   No more expansions??

I hope so, about time they fixed things rather than keep adding more broken stuff.  I cant line WC pockets with cash anymore, Genesis has really thrown me off buying future packs.  Genesis was a massive flop for most of the player base with almost everything broken. 

By the way, what's with the sea platform?  This turned out to be a complete useless structure, cant even build more than 3 walls down and the ceiling doesn't even snap to the third wall. Want a water pen or breeding area for sea creatures, this structure is not going to cut it,  most of us rather build from the ocean floor and up which makes the platform useless as by the time the build is completed its the same size or bigger than a sea platform.

• Thanks 1