Community Crunch 231: An Update on Genesis Pt 2, Upcoming Balance Pass, and Official Rates

StudioWildcard

Genesis 2 sounds good......... But we all know we are not seeing it till 2022. Christmas 2021 if we are lucky. They do this every dlc, TLC and major update. They give us a date. They fail to meet that date. They give us some excuse. They move the date out. So if they are saying 3\21 we know from previous examples it will be at least 5 or 6 months after said date.  I love this game. Truly I do. 8000 hours of single player and a 4th of that on top of multiplayer. Early access player. Yet I have learned a few things. One of those is they NEVER deliver on the day they say they will.  Wildcard..... Please don't make Genesis 2 all Tek creatures, and I believe it said 2 dinos were getting attention in tlc3.      What? I know 2 is better than 0 but come on many of the creatures need, NEED a revamp. Most are never used.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

I am reeeaaalllyyy hoping for a new type of wolf for Genesis part 2, like an x-wolf or maybe even tek wolf. I mean, theres 4 types of parasaur, normal, tek, aberrant, and x, but barely anyone even uses parasaurs exept for their turret mode.

Wolves are so many peoples favourite animal, but theres only 1 type and you cant even use a saddle to give them armour or anything anymore ?

• Like 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Panchorc said:

You should fix the mating intervals, while you're at it. But for the most part, this has got me excited!

Planning some iterations on mating and feeding intervals to improve breeding QoL. I made the programmers cry with the list of changes for this patch, have to space it out a little ;) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Only Issue I really see is with the tek turrets taking 2 shards per shot, at least make the tek turrets a little harder to dodge. just a little room and you can use a skiff to kite tek turret shots while holding your soaker. or people will exploit the punch to fly glitch in the lunar biome of genesis to gain speed and get passed any deathwall. (youtube has videos of people using the fly glitch to raid lunar bases)

1 hour ago, anderking said:

they did they said rates we have had will now be normal aka 2x breeding is now 1x breeding so normally it would have being 14 days for a giga now it will be 7 days

read their & my post again plz!

"Standard Official Servers: 1x harvesting, taming, and XP (which is equivalent to 4x when considering our old values) "

Nothing about more breeding, just on specific dinos!

aaand i said specifically "Mutation chance" ! (even tho i wouldnt mind having 2x breeding/raising timers aswell!)

20 minutes ago, Dollie said:

Planning some iterations on mating and feeding intervals to improve breeding QoL. I made the programmers cry with the list of changes for this patch, have to space it out a little ;) 

since you claim to have an open ear with the devs.... PLEASE mention that the TEK.Bridges are still broken since May 2019!!!!!!! fix it dice!

Edited by HenryManson

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, reddotjellytot said:

Tuso can beat anything and everything

Which makes it boring! This won't win me any friends but; they should make Mantas the "Dimorphs" of the sea and make them target riders. I think this could bring some challenging aspects of being in the sea regardless of the mount you have on both PvP and PvE. Imagine a pack of Mantas breaking your scuba tank before you have time to react. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

some really good changes but... the lag on official is just too hard to put up with you know what you should really do ... make it so people cant have 500 creatures out id say max 100 and make them be able to build less because some people just build crap for no reason so that would clear up some of the lag i mean we dont need 500 creatures out now that we have cryopods and really only 2 tlc creatures getting done.. thats lame guys so many need a rework they are so clunky and old now 

• Like 1

Sounds like an amazing update coming. Pay no attention to the one's whining. You'll never be able to please them unless you pay them to play your game. 

They are crying about 2 TLC but fail to realize the Dunky is getting a TLC too. Crying before they even know what the major TLC entails. Pathetic.

Crazy on the reduced mating timers but in some ways it makes sense since those dino's output doesn't match the investment anymore since other's can do it better often. Giga's still king so makes sense there is no breeding changes.

Looking forward to everything you covered. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

How everyone is hyped for the update but doesnt realise not a single important issue in ark is being addressed.... 

Sooooo much character progression in this game but chance of losing your characters just by transfering or doing an ascension and support will just tell you sry we dont replace any character progress you only get level 105 and if you have a screenshot of your implant we also give you the 5 basic tekgrams nothing more..... why did you even add admin comands to give specific bosskills even ascensions on specific difficulties to specific players but dont allow the support to use them if the victims have evidence? Nobody needs double rates if we keep losing our characters and have to start from scratch over and over again.... not to mention all those super nice cool events with unique emotes which you also lose and have to play a whole year again just to get all emotes back cause guess what the support doesnt replace them....

Edited by Penney
  • Like 2

What I don’t understand is sure you made it 2x but element isn’t going to be 2x so why do tek turrets use 2 shards per shot now instead of the original 1. Like my cave has already been meshed twice this month and I’ve been spun twice this month so are you trying to make it easier for cheaters to wipe legit tribes?

Edited by JackN

Man they havent even fixed player dedicated for genesis on ps4... my whole group bought the damn dlc only for them to tell us its broken AFTER launch after not mentioning it once prior. Like cmon man assign the bug team or whoever to knock this out quickly so we can at least play the game. Cant believe this man its been like 5 months.