Community Crunch 231: An Update on Genesis Pt 2, Upcoming Balance Pass, and Official Rates

StudioWildcard

10 minutes ago, reddotjellytot said:

@StudioWildcard

All pretty nice changes

its a shame breeding didn't become x2 the new normal as well, its a pain in the butt as it is. Giga raising is the bane of any official server

Nice to see that most of the changes are for the better, but whats the point in cryo recharge when in tek sleeping pod, I mean who sleeps with cryos in their inventory especially if they have ur prized dino in them.

U guys kinda missed allow transmitter to summon bosses at least on PVE, we was looking forward to that switch being turned back on its already implemented from the past, turn it back on plz for crying out loud, we are sick and tired of waiting for people to move tames from the obelisk or we remove for them which is our last resort, the last resort is always the only option to remove them tames blocking.

Other than that all happy ish :) 

Because Gigas are the most powerful tame in the game. With all the crap added with the DLCs, its super easy to get 100 imprint gigas. Practially everyone has 90% imprint+ tames. Raising is a joke and takes no effort at all. 

wrf wc, only 2 creatures, i can name at least 5 creatures which direly need a tlc

megalodon
mosasaur
plesiosaur
carno
bronto
quetzal
pteranodon
mammoth
spider
onyc
dilo
icthy

with such a large roster of creatures that NEED a freakin tlc, you only chose 2. i bet ya they are not even ones that need a tlc.

Edited by Kodking194
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

wrf wc, only 2 creatures, i can name at least 5 creatures which direly need a tlc

megalodon
mosasaur
plesiosaur
carno
bronto
quetzal
pteranodon
mammoth
spider
onyc
dilo
icthy

with such a large roster of creatures that NEED a freakin dlc, you only chose 2. i bet ya they are not even ones that need a tlc.

Mantis needs a Update on Taming as well because taming high level ones are bugged

12 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

megalodon
mosasaur
plesiosaur
carno
bronto
quetzal
pteranodon
mammoth
spider
onyc
dilo
icthy

with such a large roster of creatures that NEED a freakin dlc, you only chose 2. i bet ya they are not even ones that need a tlc.

Agree especially bronto and plesio the both look so goofy 

please either increase the number of overall combined tames allowed on a server at a time or LOWER the number of tames all players can have active in world at the same time. 500 tames per person / tribe is a little ridiculous.

we have cryopods, its about time to make use of them rather than have hundreds of non-breedable vanity dinos clogging up servers.

((talking specifically about the people who have every single fire / lightening / poison / ice wyvern they have ever tamed just sitting around collecting dust for MONTHS! why do they need to be sitting around using up server resources and lagging everyone else?))

Ridiculous Wyvern overload.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 2

It's nice there is some changes to breeding on some creatures as a lot of creatures took far too long time to raise and imprint, especially for creatures that dies quickly in PVP. However, changing a few things won't change the fact that the first 10% of a Baby Creature is the worst time ever. So if some creatures are changed to Yutyrannus timers, that means hand feeding for atleast 12 hours.

It is not a healthy behaviour to sit and raise dinos up to Juvenile as is today. Shortening timers to that of a Yutyrannus means ATLEAST 12 hours of hand feeding. All I'm personally asking for, and been asking for since the beginning of breeding events is that the juvenile period is shortened or that weight for baby food is lowered, or that weight is increased much faster to help people get time to do other things rather than just spam click feeding a Giga for 23 hours with AutoHotKey scripts on.

I know we have Cryo Pods now and we didn't use to have that before, but Cryo Pods doesn't change the fact that you have to sit 10+ hours feeding creatures until they pop Juvenile Stage. It pauses the need to feed, but you will still have to do the work at some point. And I'm sure you don't think you have responsibility for this but you do, you created this META and people suffer from lack of sleep because of it. A lot of people spend sickly amount of hours on the Official network, be it PVP or PVE doesn't matter on PVE parts of the game for absolutely no reason but the fact you just won't change the game for the better. The breeding as is should change more than what you seem to want to do.

And yes as stated, there is Cryo Pods, but once we get like 6-7% it's like our brains are telling us to just keep moving, 10% not too far off. Once you're in the mood, you just can't leave.

Clearly you must see that this game has a lot more players online on the Official network when breeding rates is upped. Taming, harvesting and XP rates changed doesn't do much as people on Official networks already have sicker mutation lines going and sicker stats than that of tamed garbage. We had 2x breed from March too, pretty sure you know that but don't want to realize that majority of people who came to play because of Evolution Events came because you made it 2x Breed. Changing rates without changing breeding AGAIN is just as stupid as it was back in 2016.

Not changing Giga at all is honestly the stupidiest move here. I'm not going back to Ark anytime soon. Breeding events was the only thing keeping me from quitting. It's not healthy to spend more time in-game on breeding creatures that dies minutes later to the countless bugs and glitches that never get fixed or combat of any choice.

• Sad 1

I love all of this news, but there is one issue I wanted to ask about that I don’t see anyone else asking. Is there a way to make the underwater goggle effect work on every map and not just on the island? I keep missing out on underwater event coloring because I can’t see any of the creatures clearly and the effect doesn’t work on either the goggles or the tek helmet outside of the island map.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rororoxor said:

Now that you buffed the carno, could you buff the deino a bit? Now that the carno has a bleed, the deino is becoming a bit more obsolete

This is gonna be interesting, my base is built on Val in the tundra area where mass spawns of yuti and carnos are prolific :D we often find 1 or 2 spawn inside my base or in the grounds, now lets hope our current defence creatures will manage them in packs.

A few people have asked, so I thought I'd share here: Dododex will of course be updated to match the new 2x rates. I'll provide a prominent notice on the app (and website) when the update is live so that it's clear when the switch has happened on Dododex so that you can configure your Dododex multipliers.

This change will have to be made through an App Store update, so there might be a bit of a delay.

I'll also be updating the breeding and other balance changes this Thursday. If I miss anything, feel free to report it through the app/website! ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4