Switched from Solo to Online and need some advice

walrus3ks

Hi,

after soloing some arks and having about 700 hours solo gameplay, I tried online servers yesterday for the first time. I tried some of the official the-Island-servers, and also some Ragnaröks. It was the same on all those servers: The beaches and rivers were full of bases and leftovers of bases and dino traps, so there were no dino spawns. It was almost impossible to even find a Para to tame. I'm really glad I soloed the arks, because I really would've wondered where all the dinos are if I had started out online.

So - are there any servers that are not overloaded with bases like that, maybe servers with less users? It's a bit sad to see those beautiful maps spammed with structures everywhere. Or are there any other solutions to this? For now, I'll go back to my solo ark, because .... there's dinos there. ;)

Online is pretty full, always has been tbh but recently there was a big influx of people getting the game free on Epic so....

You could always try an unofficial server but you will need to do your research, they all have different rates and benefits / disadvantages, you may have to try a few to find one that suits you.

As someone who  plays official myself though I'd say it's worth persevering with those. Spawn areas will always be packed on official servers but speaking from experience there is always some space available somewhere, you just have to find it. On the island you will probably have to head inland, on Rag there is usually space around the desert area and ofc as Rag doesn't have any Leeds you could always make a starter base on a raft to scout for a larger spot.

Official may have it's problems but the large community and massive opportunities for trade and having so many servers to transfer between make those annoyances worth it, and still preferable to unofficial or single player for most people.

(& btw there will be dinos on those servers, just maybe not as many as you are used to, if there was a dino shortage you'd certainly be hearing a lot more about it on the forums)

Eventually playing single-player you'll get Cabin Fever.The island is overpopulated since epic give away so many free copies. I recommend going to scorched-earth are Genesis even maybe try some of the free maps. I found that having a good trap mate is one of the most important things you can have.

IF you have any more questions send mea DM on Discord

Overwatch#6045

3 hours ago, walrus3ks said:

Hi,

after soloing some arks and having about 700 hours solo gameplay, I tried online servers yesterday for the first time. I tried some of the official the-Island-servers, and also some Ragnaröks. It was the same on all those servers: The beaches and rivers were full of bases and leftovers of bases and dino traps, so there were no dino spawns. It was almost impossible to even find a Para to tame. I'm really glad I soloed the arks, because I really would've wondered where all the dinos are if I had started out online.

So - are there any servers that are not overloaded with bases like that, maybe servers with less users? It's a bit sad to see those beautiful maps spammed with structures everywhere. Or are there any other solutions to this? For now, I'll go back to my solo ark, because .... there's dinos there. ;)

Simple solution. Build inland and not in the default spawn area where 1000 other people spawn and try to build. 

Better play on the new Crystal Isles map because atm it's forbidden to move stuff from other servers to there, so it isn't that packed like the older maps. I have only seen 2 CI servers but on both were so much free space to build. I found easily cool base spots and can build outposts everywhere.

Valguero would also be a choice, but the older servers, especially The Island, are so packed, avoid them better.

Thanks everyone! Nice idea to make a raft and go to the desert in Ragnarök! I'm doing that. Or let's see, maybe I use the raft for a base for some time. I never used a raft in solo, but it's really fun to float around with one.

And if it's only the spawning areas that are overcrowded, then that's okay, I can go inland. The lags are a problem, though. They got me killed twice while just fighting small dinos.

Archived