Jump to content

Have you fought the alpha dragon on the island recently?


Recommended Posts

Have you fought the alpha dragon on the island recently?

How did it go? Did you use therizinosaurus and cake? Heard that got method got ruined by patch 278, is that so and/or did it ever get fixed? I've also heard that the new way is to use megalosaurus, but I'm unsure of how that works.. something about them avoiding the hitbox of the dragons attack? Basically I've never done the fight and I'm finding a lot of old or conflicting information, can someone help me sort it all out?

few years old but seems to say theri v alpha dragon is broken:

Older information perhaps saying use therizinosaurus: 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can confirm deinos are the way forward i had never done this fight and i was lucky too get a free spot and a deino lent too me made a tribe allied up. the fight was over in less than 5 minutes it was

Use a Spino for Dimorph and some Deinonychos for Dragon super easy ?

Did it Saturday. 3 of us. Just used 3 Deino's.  85 saddle, 15k hp, 700 to 800 melee.  Way to easy but I'll take the head.

I'm also trying to find info about using megalo and so far I've got this: "Biggest issue with Megalosaurus is the unridden bug, where when it is unridden it mostly just tries to grab instead of bite, even tries to grab things much bigger than itself rendering it useless." taken from here: 

and this: "They are not. When they are not mounted, they will randomly try to grab their target and deals 10% damage of a regular bite and that even if they cannot carry them. They are not a good replacement unless you plan to have riders." taken from here: 


So wth? Don't use rexes, don't use theriz, don't use megalo??? Am I just to late to the game and I can't do this boss fight? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did it yesterday evening on legacy

18 Rex ( 45k HP, ~2,4k melee, almost all 124 armor saddle )

1 Daedon + 1 Yuti

6 Riders

One Rider died right at the start due to meteors, and 6-7 rexes were stuck for almost half the fight

Once all rexes were biting he melted away ~ 1 minute full dps time

1 rex died, an all rexes that stood infront of him were bruised pretty heavy ( 1k hp - 10 k hp left )

Ye heard aswell that deino is the way to go:-)

Edited by Ume
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Alpha dragon last night on official xbox so here's the video of it. You may notice my tribemate jumping off the map and dying so in case you didnt know you could jump out of the barrier with a deinonychus, dont try it. After many attempts with theri's and failing, this is the 2nd time we succeeded with basically just deinos. The rex's I brought in were not our good ones, these were old stats with between 25k-30k life and between 600-950 melee with journeyman saddles at around 70-75 armor. The rexes were meant to die, they were just for the distraction and to help with the first wave of pteras. Also since my tribemate died almost immediately, this was a solo alpha dragon fight.

Edit: Forgot to add the deino stats, They were at 600% melee and the rest into life which was at about 6.5k-7k for this fight. Saddles were also journeymen at around 75armor I think. I also put a few stacks of cooked lamb in them so I could force feed if I took some fire breaths.

 

 

Edited by Piffguru
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

we just did the alpha dragon last week....More or less, the entire army of theri's 50k health or better, 550% melee or better, 1 deadon with 65k food stat, 10k health, and loaded to the gills with mutton. Lastly one yuty, 25k health, 6k stamina.....

A single player on the yuty, anouther on the deadon, all theri's with 5 cakes.....took two runs with the deadon healing everyone after the dragon landed, but yeah all survived.....be smart about it, try to keep everyone out of the lava before initiating attack mode, and don't be bashfull with your own healing potions.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone, I'm very interested in this Deinonychus bleed method. Although some questions do arise. 1) Since I'm not familiar with that dino, those stats mean little to me. I assume that's a mutated line? 2) My impression of that dino was that they would be little stronger than a raptor, however I gather that the bleed effect is amplifying their damage output, so I guess the game is to not get hit, and hit dragon a lot (obviously that's what you'd do with anything, but is the deinon going to go down a lot easier if you mess up?)?


To the people saying they still used theri and rex, good to know that still is workable, but sounds like it is in fact harder?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

I did about a month ago on single player. Bosses take 3x damage and deal 1/3 damage. My Rexs were 15k health, and 1000m. I also had a pig and a Yuty. The recession had 97 armor saddles and they all survived with above half health. 

We did about 8hours ago, 19 theri with 20khp and over 2k dmg 1, 1 yuti running around avoiding meteors and dragon breath, one courage buff does the theris in one go

Link to post
Share on other sites

can confirm deinos are the way forward i had never done this fight and i was lucky too get a free spot and a deino lent too me made a tribe allied up. the fight was over in less than 5 minutes it was a massacre combined with yuti buff lol plus a daedon for healing the dragon stood no chance!! hands down i dont think anything compares too the deinos for this fight at least

Edited by slayerofzombs87
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Thanks everyone, I'm very interested in this Deinonychus bleed method. Although some questions do arise. 1) Since I'm not familiar with that dino, those stats mean little to me. I assume that's a mutated line? 2) My impression of that dino was that they would be little stronger than a raptor, however I gather that the bleed effect is amplifying their damage output, so I guess the game is to not get hit, and hit dragon a lot (obviously that's what you'd do with anything, but is the deinon going to go down a lot easier if you mess up?)?


To the people saying they still used theri and rex, good to know that still is workable, but sounds like it is in fact harder?

Yes, probably Deinos are the meta for Dragon boss fights, i used them first at Valguero bosses, on alpha difficult, Dragon just took 1 minute and 17 seconds to die once landed. So i tried to use them on The Island also, and work even better, considering that Dragon on the Island has more HP (970k-1kk, dont remember). Answering your questions:

1) Stats that I told you (5200 hp and 1207% dmg, base stats) are from the top deino stat in game (lvl 377 on hatch), it can reach probably 30k HP if lvled to 450. But you dont need top stats to use them nicely, you just need to keep them alive, so pump all points on HP and try to get at least 10k HP).

2) Deinos are much stronger than the raptor, because Deinos inflict bleeding effect which is %HP damage based. Thats why they are beasts in boss fights, considering Bosses have the highest HP pool in game, that are the enemies that Deinos gonna make the difference. Example: if you stack bleeding effect (up to 3), you gonna inflict 3% HP damage every 3 sec to the Dragon (1% is around 10kHP, so 30k HP every 3 seconds, or 10K HP per second in average just from bleeding effect of 3 deinos, not considering the damage from bite and other dinos you brought).

Hope it helps! :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BitBuzz said:

Yes, probably Deinos are the meta for Dragon boss fights, i used them first at Valguero bosses, on alpha difficult, Dragon just took 1 minute and 17 seconds to die once landed. So i tried to use them on The Island also, and work even better, considering that Dragon on the Island has more HP (970k-1kk, dont remember). Answering your questions:

1) Stats that I told you (5200 hp and 1207% dmg, base stats) are from the top deino stat in game (lvl 377 on hatch), it can reach probably 30k HP if lvled to 450. But you dont need top stats to use them nicely, you just need to keep them alive, so pump all points on HP and try to get at least 10k HP).

2) Deinos are much stronger than the raptor, because Deinos inflict bleeding effect which is %HP damage based. Thats why they are beasts in boss fights, considering Bosses have the highest HP pool in game, that are the enemies that Deinos gonna make the difference. Example: if you stack bleeding effect (up to 3), you gonna inflict 3% HP damage every 3 sec to the Dragon (1% is around 10kHP, so 30k HP every 3 seconds, or 10K HP per second in average just from bleeding effect of 3 deinos, not considering the damage from bite and other dinos you brought).

Hope it helps! :D

HOLY KEY-RAP! O.O If that's true, then oh yeah, that's the way to go! 

Slap a 5 pack of those guys with the tickle monsters and yeah, a boss be done in less than few minutes, no matter what the HP cap is!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, wizard03 said:

HOLY KEY-RAP! O.O If that's true, then oh yeah, that's the way to go! 

Slap a 5 pack of those guys with the tickle monsters and yeah, a boss be done in less than few minutes, no matter what the HP cap is!

Changes were made some days ago about the bleed effect, now seems like its scaled with melee damage and capped at 600%.

Just saw a post on reddit about a guy that did a test using deinos against diplos lvl 10000 and his conclusion was that it was dealing 1.5% HP damage per bleeding effect and you can stack bleeding up to 5. 

So about the numbers i said its not that accurate, but YES, you can kill most bosses within 2-3 minutes with this bleeding effect. Take in consideration that there are some bosses with higher resistance to this bleeding effect. Dragon seems to dont have this resistance, Monkey seems to have this resistance a little bit higher. Anyway, i am using Deinos in every Boss fight i have been doing (valguero, the island, ragnarok, etc..). :D

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BitBuzz said:

Changes were made some days ago about the bleed effect, now seems like its scaled with melee damage and capped at 600%.

Just saw a post on reddit about a guy that did a test using deinos against diplos lvl 10000 and his conclusion was that it was dealing 1.5% HP damage per bleeding effect and you can stack bleeding up to 5. 

So about the numbers i said its not that accurate, but YES, you can kill most bosses within 2-3 minutes with this bleeding effect. Take in consideration that there are some bosses with higher resistance to this bleeding effect. Dragon seems to dont have this resistance, Monkey seems to have this resistance a little bit higher. Anyway, i am using Deinos in every Boss fight i have been doing (valguero, the island, ragnarok, etc..). :D

How long do u think it will take for WC to get wind of this info and throw in a stealth nerf :/ I mean its a useful dino right?  In that case WC will sure nerf the hell out of it

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, reddotjellytot said:

How long do u think it will take for WC to get wind of this info and throw in a stealth nerf :/ I mean its a useful dino right?  In that case WC will sure nerf the hell out of it

I dont know, but there is a chance to happen. :(

Once observed this ability from Deinos and the fact that manticore doesnt land at Valguero arena, i thought deinos were designed to counter it cause their latch. But, people are using it more and more now, most people on official the island (that i was playing) were using it on bosses. Lets see the next steps. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BitBuzz said:

I dont know, but there is a chance to happen. :(

Once observed this ability from Deinos and the fact that manticore doesnt land at Valguero arena, i thought deinos were designed to counter it cause their latch. But, people are using it more and more now, most people on official the island (that i was playing) were using it on bosses. Lets see the next steps. :)

U have to be very careful using Deinos on manticore, its been known and seen that the manticore will fly up so high u loose all agro and it gets stuck in the air until the timer runs out then poof goes ur prized tames

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, reddotjellytot said:

U have to be very careful using Deinos on manticore, its been known and seen that the manticore will fly up so high u loose all agro and it gets stuck in the air until the timer runs out then poof goes ur prized tames

Yeah! I experienced it once, i used that mountain in the arena and jumped to manticore direction with a deino and got it unstuck xD

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, reddotjellytot said:

How long do u think it will take for WC to get wind of this info and throw in a stealth nerf :/ I mean its a useful dino right?  In that case WC will sure nerf the hell out of it

Patch v297.35 - June 21, 2019 I found this entry: "Deinonychus bleed now works on boss dinos".

So it seems they intend for this. They might nerf it anyways, but if they do I just hope I get to use it first. I'm kinda slow and i might do things tomorrow or a year from now. :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

Use a big HP magmasaur to tank it since it doesn't cop any burn damage and theri + lots of cakes to get behind it and deal some big damage. Deinonychus is good but they tend to die . . . if you have someone who has the engrams and who doesn't mind suiciding a chicken, then it's worth bringing one along. 

Bring more cakes than you think you will need. If you bring too many cakes you can always put them back into the fridge after, but if you don't bring enough then gg. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...