Endless ARK update

cgw

Endless ARK update

Guys, I beg you, you can update the game less often (rarely),
Once a week or once a month.
Because it is not possible to get into ARK.
It's easier to queue up at the only store in the city of a million people than to get into the ARK game.
ARK is endlessly updated. Even at 50Mbps, it's unrealistic to wait long for this update to install.
I come home,I launch ARK, it updates 3 hours every day and I go to bed.
I do not have the opportunity to play it because ARK is endlessly updating something on Steam. 
The real problem is not even the speed of the connection, but the speed of unpacking, packing and checking files.
I have an HDD, not an SSD.
Please!!!

On 7/25/2020 at 8:27 PM, Zapha said:

Sounds like you have not enough free hd space. In this case your PC must constantly use the swap file which is waaaay slower. If your game is not installed on drive C, but e.g. on drive D you need in some cases enough free space on both drives.

I have it installed on C where is Windows
Cache HDD 64MB
100Gb is always free. HDD 1000Gb
I do not see this as a problem.

The problem is this !!!
• Daily update.
• The game itself takes a very long time to download, my fiber speed is (100% upptime)50 megabits / s
loading the game sometimes happens at a speed of 20-1000 kbps (ProblemArkServer)
• The game takes a very long time to unpack files, replacing and deleting old files, sometimes each update takes
2-5 hours of time to install updates.

Therefore, I have not played in the ARC for 2 years.
Because it's unrealistic to wait a long time for an update Steam.

I have a 16 MBit/sec internet and usually my ARK updates don't need longer than ~30 min, the bigger ones maybe 1 hour. Just that you see what is normal.

OK, you have enough free disc space, as next I would asume you maybe pay for 50 MBit but you don't have 50 MBit available, otherwise you would be much faster than me with the updates. Is there a slow WLAN, disc encryption or crazy settings in your router?

5 hours ago, cgw said:

I have it installed on C where is Windows
Cache HDD 64MB
100Gb is always free. HDD 1000Gb
I do not see this as a problem.

The problem is this !!!
• Daily update.
• The game itself takes a very long time to download, my fiber speed is (100% upptime)50 megabits / s
loading the game sometimes happens at a speed of 20-1000 kbps (ProblemArkServer)
• The game takes a very long time to unpack files, replacing and deleting old files, sometimes each update takes
2-5 hours of time to install updates.

Therefore, I have not played in the ARC for 2 years.
Because it's unrealistic to wait a long time for an update Steam.

ARK needs a lot more than 100Gb to update. you'll need closer to 200GB free.

17 hours ago, Zapha said:

I have a 16 MBit/sec internet and usually my ARK updates don't need longer than ~30 min, the bigger ones maybe 1 hour. Just that you see what is normal.

OK, you have enough free disc space, as next I would asume you maybe pay for 50 MBit but you don't have 50 MBit available, otherwise you would be much faster than me with the updates. Is there a slow WLAN, disc encryption or crazy settings in your router?

I explain what the Internet gives me
50mbit / s (6.25MB per second) input
and
50mbit / s (6.25MB per second) output
stable.

screen https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n9uYPr14XSyqeo5ecqTpLOfvoELqIAdN/view?usp=sharing
But ARK servers are serving much slower on Steam.

16 hours ago, SarcasmDetector said:

ARK needs a lot more than 100Gb to update. you'll need closer to 200GB free.

My ARK already installed takes 185GB.
And another 100Gb of empty disk.
Installation is 100 times slower than the disk can produce. 

disk https://hdd.userbenchmark.com/WD-Black-1TB-2010/Rating/1580

crystal.png
Because ARK unpacks and packs small files. it will take time.

And if there are updates every day, then it is impossible to play ARK.
Because I'm waiting for endless updates every day.

ARK itself works seamlessly.
But updates are a problem.

But there aren't updates every day. Sometimes it could be that there are three small updates in a row because of exploit fixing. But usually there is not more than one update per week in average.

Do you have installed dozens of mods which are looking daily for updates?

It's true that the unpacking of the updates is not very efficient, and if I have a 30 min update, half of the time is downloading and the other half unpacking, but all in all it does not explain why you with your 50 Mbit line needs way too long compared to others.

Empyrion Galactic Survival game 500 mb. updated for 4 minutes.
Other games update quickly too.

ARK 250 Mb game was updated for 15 minutes.
The update downloads slowly and the update installs slowly.
Internet 50mbit / s (6.25MB per second)
HDD WD-Black-1TB WD1002FAEX

On 7/28/2020 at 11:12 PM, Zapha said:

Do you have installed dozens of mods which are looking daily for updates?

I have no mods except 4 popular maps

It's true that the unpacking of the updates is not very efficient, and if I have a 30 min update, half of the time is downloading and the other half unpacking, but all in all it does not explain why you with your 50 Mbit line needs way too long compared to others.

50 Mbit/s (6.25Mb per second) is the minimum tariff, my provider, missing (no) less.

But there aren't updates every day. Sometimes it could be that there are three small updates in a row because of exploit fixing. But usually there is not more than one update per week in average.

I don't know, I see ARK(update) very often. almost every day.

Other games are updated quickly and once a week or a month.

I ran into this issue because steam is installed onto a diff drive than ark and i needed approximately 3x the amount of space that the actual update takes for it to properly update. Otherwise itd just spiral off into oblivion and eventually fail. I once had a screenie if my timer taking like 40+ years to update. Id basically be dead before it finished. Once i uninstalled a bunch of stuff itd finish tho. I also have atrociously awful internet living in the middle of nowhere but itd still work if i ran it overnight and definitely does not update every day.

On 7/25/2020 at 10:05 PM, cgw said:

Endless ARK update

Guys, I beg you, you can update the game less often (rarely),
Once a week or once a month.
Because it is not possible to get into ARK.
It's easier to queue up at the only store in the city of a million people than to get into the ARK game.
ARK is endlessly updated. Even at 50Mbps, it's unrealistic to wait long for this update to install.
I come home,I launch ARK, it updates 3 hours every day and I go to bed.
I do not have the opportunity to play it because ARK is endlessly updating something on Steam. 
The real problem is not even the speed of the connection, but the speed of unpacking, packing and checking files.
I have an HDD, not an SSD.
Please!!! omegle

the unpacking of the updates is not very efficient, and if I have a 30 min update, half of the time is downloading and the other half unpacking

I had a similar issue before when I was playing on a lot of unofficial modded servers. I have a feeling something to do with the mods causes the issue. I removed the mods folder from my Ark directory and unsubscribed from the mods in Steam, since then I've been playing on official and haven't had any issues with updates. Not sure if this helps but thought I'd give some input from someone that was also having endless update problems.

• 1 month later...

Endless updates.

1679265874_ARKisveryslow.jpg.2799a478a10ccdcff231f4a2b476cb7d.jpg

This is a vanilla ARK without mods.

It is impossible to enter the game.
It is updated endlessly for several hours, almost every day.
With fiber-optic internet 40Mbit.
ping on survivetheark.com 71ms
HDD 6Gb/s. WB Black.  Win10x64H

https://hdd.userbenchmark.com/WD-Black-1TB-2010/Rating/1580

Other games are instantly downloaded and installed.

Astroneer 825Mb downloaded and installed in 5 minutes.
No Man'Sky 35mb downloaded and installed in 6 seconds.

At the same time, downloading from other games is usually once a month or once a week.
But not every day.

Archived