Insane anky pile: duplication or not ?

Axirpy

Hello.

I already submitted a ticket to report that (for investigation), but i'm curious to know what other players think about that.

It's happening on my PvE-Aberration220, but it certainly could have happened on any other maps. A very strange and recent tribe appeared on the server, with 3 or 4 survivors and weird account names (only a series of random numbers). They have built a small metal "base" (it's actually just a simple metal floor on top of a few pillars), with a few tek structures on it.

There is 2 Tek teleporters at the same place (the first is visible on the screenshot, the second one is just behind me), and on one of the teleporters, there is an absolutely insane pile of ankys (hundreds of them). Some of them are flying on top of the ones under them, and there is also a lot of Ankys under the teleporter.

It's extremely suspicious, what do you think about that ? Duplication ? Exploit ? Ruining server performance ?

1691309978_ARKSurvivalEvolvedScreenshot2020_07.22-00_33_10_57.thumb.jpg.117ab50ba0cbad7e1aa54ec957de7a49.jpg

(the picture seems to be broken on forums so here is a external link: )

Lp7fkkD.jpg

It does seem unusual.  As an anky breeder myself that’s not a preferred way to store or move them around.   I can’t see a reason to have that many in a pile on top of a teleporter unless there was some deliberate attempt to auto mesh anyone porting to location.  No idea if there’s a duping technique using a teleporter.

1 hour ago, Axirpy said:

Hello.

I already submitted a ticket to report that, but i'm curious to know what other players think about that.

It's happening on my PvE-Aberration220, but it certainly could have happened on any other maps. A very strange and recent tribe appeared on the server, with 3 or 4 survivors and weird account names (only a series of random numbers). They have built a small metal "base" (it's actually just a simple metal floor on top of a few pillars), with a few tek structures on it.

There is 2 Tek teleporters at the same place (the first is visible on the screenshot, the second one is just behind me), and on one of the teleporters, there is an absolutely insane pile of ankys (hundreds of them). Some of them are flying on top of the ones under them, and there is also a lot of Ankys under the teleporter.

It's extremely suspicious, what do you think about that ? Duplication ? Exploit ? Ruining server performance ?

1691309978_ARKSurvivalEvolvedScreenshot2020_07.22-00_33_10_57.thumb.jpg.117ab50ba0cbad7e1aa54ec957de7a49.jpg

(the picture seems to be broken on forums so here is a external link: )

Lp7fkkD.jpg

Spoke to a friend who breeds these, apparently its not feasible to be a breeding setup due to their mating range.

However, possibly this tribe is mass farming metal and dumping them on teleporter.
Chinese do the same thing on my ab server, just without the teleporter. But they literally use like 50 anks, fill them, then get the next empty ank and continue....

29 minutes ago, MostSpy said:

Spoke to a friend who breeds these, apparently its not feasible to be a breeding setup due to their mating range.

However, possibly this tribe is mass farming metal and dumping them on teleporter.
Chinese do the same thing on my ab server, just without the teleporter. But they literally use like 50 anks, fill them, then get the next empty ank and continue....

Okay thanks for your replies :)

Maybe it's 100% legit and nothing is wrong with those ankys, it was just looking suspicious for me ^^ (They don't have other teleporters on the map that leads to a metal spot, just the two teleporters at the same place)

14 minutes ago, Luizza said:

Seems to me that's a whole waste of their time and a drain on the server... ppl come up with the strangest ways of doing things as inefficiently as possible sometimes.

It kind of makes sense though, you bring 20 ankies podded up, pop them out and fill them one by one and TP them back to base. Saves you 19 trips!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2020 at 3:20 PM, LEDminer said:

Exactly. Any self respecting player would use a stone hatchet and dung beetles to harvest metal.

When I harvest metal, I take out my level 11 pteranodon, and ride the entire way to a metal spawn, then bust out my RAMSHACKLE stone hatchet. Are you noobs using primitive ones? Then I dump almost everything I own including 50% of the metal on the ground just so he can carry me with his 110 weight. Also, what's a dung beetle? Is it that crab looking guy I saw on the beach the other day? I tried to punch him out, but I eventually killed myself. How u tame them bad boys? Will I need a club? MAYBE EVEN A SLINGSHOT!? 

6 hours ago, FreddyFCT said:

If WC doesnt care you shouldnt. Get over it.

People used to set up 1k lamps in a small location to deliberately crash the servers.   It’s fine if u want to put your head in the sand,  not everyone does that.   

if this was a duping effort , there would have been less variety on the ankys color mixes.

There are people duping meks and other things, it does mess up things for other players,  they buy it thinking they got a great tame only to find they can’t unpod it on their server because someone else has one of it out already on their server.   So scammers do effect us whether you care to believe it or not.

48 minutes ago, Thyme said:

Perhaps they're moving bases and teleporting their breeder ankys rather than spending an hour cryoing em all. Can't think of a reason someone would ever need to use more than like 2 ankys other than breeding them.

Sometimes people get it in their heads they can save time by increasing the scale of operations. But this can also lead to huge inefficiencies.

Moving that many ankys could be faster way to do things or it could turn into a huge time sink.   I guess if things were set up just right maybe it could be faster, but I would hazard a guess the time they thought they were saving will get eaten up moving them all around.  

17 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

People used to set up 1k lamps in a small location to deliberately crash the servers.   It’s fine if u want to put your head in the sand,  not everyone does that.   

if this was a duping effort , there would have been less variety on the ankys color mixes.

There are people duping meks and other things, it does mess up things for other players,  they buy it thinking they got a great tame only to find they can’t unpod it on their server because someone else has one of it out already on their server.   So scammers do effect us whether you care to believe it or not.

You obviously have no clue what you are talking about but thanks for the short story :D

10 hours ago, FreddyFCT said:

You obviously have no clue what you are talking about but thanks for the short story :D

I guess I can’t really respond to that with any sort of proof without putting myself or people  I know in the line of fire from possible problems.

but you clearly don’t know anything, so I’m comfortable with that.

Archived