My Story

Hello everyone,

Recently some events occurred that have put an END to my ARK game play, but before I leave ARK and Wild Card for good, I wanted to explain the circumstances that led up to this conclusion for anyone that cares to hear, could relate, and most importantly isn't going to be rude about it...and explain why I can no longer bear to play the game. (Please if your thought is to say something rude, nasty, critical, or otherwise unkind please just move on and don't even bother, it's not worth my time or yours).

About 3-5 years ago, a short time after I started playing (about release on Xbox) and fueled by the desire to keep the game going for as long as possible (a common problem players have when getting through everything too fast), I set out to earn everything I owned in the game as much as possible, deliberately making it more difficult but with a sense of honor as I decided to tame everything once before ever claiming it. My tribe mate and I were also going to go to every map and tame map specific dinos there as well, slowly accumulating and building our bases along the way.

We spent 2 years alone on the Island to start with, slowly taming each and every creature we designated there, and outlasting the tribes owning the land we wanted until claimable (by pillars on PvE). Finally we moved to the Center and were making good progress there too.

One day after 2 years I decided it was time to upgrade my house so I went onto single player to enable GCM mode (creative mode) to design and test the build and work out any kinks. As such, and because I was on the exact same map, I forgot just once in the 2 years of resetting that had taken place and lost all my dinos outside a cryo pod (a lot), several structures, and many pillars. I only mention this because it was a deep blow, albeit my fault accidentally, that I had to recover from. I was in the process of recovery and continuing to build my new house while claiming back my land when recently I logged on and discovered a GM (ARK Dev team admin) had wiped every single behemoth gate and pillar my tribe mate and I had owned. I lost all the land I had and around 30-50 behemoth gates.

Then my neighbors, a tribe I had received incessant harassment over the years from (and successfully stood up to in a well-mannered way)  ...to remove my pillars for their own use (despite a massive base of their own) came in a took all the land I had once owned, including the core areas of my base. Once again my depression is up after years of battling it, and along with it comes the anger and frustration. To top it all off, the developers only left a note of "You were blocking other players and this has resulted in a partial (yet very extensive) structure wipe." 

To our knowledge we didn't do anything wrong and didn't deliberately block anyone or any areas critical to gameplay. Sure we owned land, but who doesn't? That being said, if it was due to the pillars, countless other players/tribes pillar extensively and yet they aren't wiped regularly.  Also, we would have removed whatever was causing the problem if given a warning or notification, but alas none was issued.

I reached out to them only to receive a reply of "Your tribe violated the code of conduct and your pillars were removed." I can't put trust in any future game play of ARK now because I won't spend years only to have all my progress suddenly deleted without knowing why this has happened and trying to avoid a repeat circumstance, none-the-less some sort of reversal of action taking place.

As of this point I am completely done with any further ARK game play or play from any other game Wild Card releases or has already released. This company needs to understand it cannot simply do whatever it wants to players without warning and justification. I spent years sacrificing my time and other pursuits only to come down to this. I loved ARK at its core, but thanks to this abuse of power and complete devastation, I can no longer justify going on with the game. My dreams are crushed and my spirit is broken from this.

Sincerely,

Ardeth

3 minutes ago, Castlerock said:

Since u said u started about 3-5 years ago, i assumed u started on legacy then moved to new official servers? If so, it would have been better to remain on legacy, we dont have to deal with stuff like this.

Yeah I used to be on server 120 The Isle back in the day. Tribe called Forgotten Kings.

2 hours ago, Fetzen said:

We have also so a tribe on my server they cry a GM remove my Pillar... The GM write in there TribeLog that he Remove 6200Pillars! they have claimed half Ragnarok!  How many Pillars was it by you lol

A good bunch, I’d say around 200, max. Used to own the island known as “footpaw” on the map on “The Isle.” A few of those were used to protect beaver spawn area near there. I also had a new player area set up on location with multiple apartment style buildings and a free stuff for new players box. I received many thanks and compliments from experienced players and new ones I helped. Now my nasty neighbors just own all the land despite already having a monstrous base on the adjacent area. Basically I was wiped so that other greedy pillaring tribes could move in an do the same thing.

(First post here)

hi i have been playing ark for a year now. Ive had many hours logged and sadly bugs and glitches usually make me want to quit and never come back. (But the online was the worst. I wont ever play on a server again unless its private and a friend of mine)
Seems like there should be a copy and paste feature so you can replicate your bases and add them to your own server or your own single player map? 

i have a new character on each map on single player all at lvl 100 and it is fun to restart. The attachment is definitely  a double edged sword. It makes it more rewarding but also these sort of situations you described are very crushing. If you ever want to start a social map you are in control of i would love to play sometime and just work on a base or taming new dinos or collecting or whatever you envision. I just want to find a server or tribe that i could “contribute” to but its all about the right group with honor and not allowing new members to ruin your stuff while you sleep. (I want a tribe where my things are my things and i can lock access to my inventory and dinos i have tamed. )

anyways. 

7 hours ago, Atillathepun125 said:

(First post here)

hi i have been playing ark for a year now. Ive had many hours logged and sadly bugs and glitches usually make me want to quit and never come back. (But the online was the worst. I wont ever play on a server again unless its private and a friend of mine)
Seems like there should be a copy and paste feature so you can replicate your bases and add them to your own server or your own single player map? 

i have a new character on each map on single player all at lvl 100 and it is fun to restart. The attachment is definitely  a double edged sword. It makes it more rewarding but also these sort of situations you described are very crushing. If you ever want to start a social map you are in control of i would love to play sometime and just work on a base or taming new dinos or collecting or whatever you envision. I just want to find a server or tribe that i could “contribute” to but its all about the right group with honor and not allowing new members to ruin your stuff while you sleep. (I want a tribe where my things are my things and i can lock access to my inventory and dinos i have tamed. )

anyways. 

I understand your desire and offer my thanks, but personally I have private servers for so many reasons and don’t want to play single player. As of this incidence, I’m pretty sure I’m done completely with ARK and anything ever Wild Card related again.

Well I would suggest, that when pillaring lots of stuff....  to not try and protect all the areas in the map.... secondly, you can avoid losing important structures and your base by snapping things together a little more often.  Gates should be snapped to fence foundations always, this removes them from the list of 2snap structures that GM's typically remove to pull down pillars and ladders.  Secondly, you could use 3snap features on all pillars around your base in a small radius as a measure to protect against the very weaponization of GM's you experienced.  If they use the field of pillars you have out as evidence of blocking, the GM removes all your 2snaps and you lose all the protected lands, but the 3snap features around your main bases would protect from it encroaching into the land by your actual buildings.

If you keep the 3snap limited to immediately surrounding your bases w/ buildings and structures you will probably be safe from what just happened to you.  I'd say it's most likely that people weaponizing GM's look at a remote spot u have w/ no buildings on and use that as evidence so they can get at the land closer to your buildings 

2 hours ago, Ardeth said:

I understand your desire and offer my thanks, but personally I have private servers for so many reasons and don’t want to play single player. As of this incidence, I’m pretty sure I’m done completely with ARK and anything ever Wild Card related again.

understandable

i wont say i am done with this game, i liked it, i liked the official server. now that this game is corrupted, i dont know bad, but i felt it.
i dont know how many feels the same, but when i am playing, i am thinking "i have never wasted my time on this game" and "i wish this game can last forever" at the same time

i guess i still have some hope in this game, however little

15 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Well I would suggest, that when pillaring lots of stuff....  to not try and protect all the areas in the map.... secondly, you can avoid losing important structures and your base by snapping things together a little more often.  Gates should be snapped to fence foundations always, this removes them from the list of 2snap structures that GM's typically remove to pull down pillars and ladders.  Secondly, you could use 3snap features on all pillars around your base in a small radius as a measure to protect against the very weaponization of GM's you experienced.  If they use the field of pillars you have out as evidence of blocking, the GM removes all your 2snaps and you lose all the protected lands, but the 3snap features around your main bases would protect from it encroaching into the land by your actual buildings.

If you keep the 3snap limited to immediately surrounding your bases w/ buildings and structures you will probably be safe from what just happened to you.  I'd say it's most likely that people weaponizing GM's look at a remote spot u have w/ no buildings on and use that as evidence so they can get at the land closer to your buildings 

Those are some great tips and looking back now on what was destroyed it actually makes perfect sense. I'm betting that the nasty tribe I mentioned before were the ones responsible for the report... and guess what... they did exactly what I did before the GM's wiped us: pillared everywhere I used to own land. Makes my blood boil at the thought because, believe me, they were absolute assholes the entire time; and not just to me, but other people in the server as well. I would do exactly what you said, but I am done with this game for good. The land I always wanted to own and did for a time is now lost, and not only that, but lost to the worst tribe I have ever known in the history of ARK. These guys must be drug lords or war lords where they are from. They treat others as beneath them and like they are trash. They tried intimidating me countless times and harassing me to get rid of my pillars, even though at first I was kind and did actually give them some room. For the ARK admin team to just do what they did and let these trash people win is more than I can take. Tribe is The Piratas on server 200. Go see for yourself if you can EVER find them online. They primarily speak Spanish but the nastiness doesn't stop there. -Ardeth

14 hours ago, nameless said:

understandable

i wont say i am done with this game, i liked it, i liked the official server. now that this game is corrupted, i dont know bad, but i felt it.
i dont know how many feels the same, but when i am playing, i am thinking "i have never wasted my time on this game" and "i wish this game can last forever" at the same time

i guess i still have some hope in this game, however little

Don't get me wrong, I loved this game at its very core, despite all the endlessly ongoing problems like the incessant lag the game always suffers from. I used to feel that exact same way. Never give up, and hang to to whatever hope is left for it. Keep trying and one day it'll be the world I want and imagine it to be. Finally my tribe and I were getting to that point, and then this. At some point a wise person just has to know when enough is enough and to know when its gone too far. WC crossed that line for me when they did what they did. It took a lot for me to figure out that this is never going to work with the "government" that is in play over the game. As I said, I spent about half a decade doing everything I could to get where I was because I loved the game so much.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 3:49 AM, sjskdjkfa said:

Once again this could have been avoided by a better thought out land claiming system. But no matter which one you pitch people on this forum seem to think it would never work.

I actually suggested a (what I thought was a fantastic) solution to this a while back but nothing ever happened. Typical greedy uncaring company to ignore its user base's problems and just care only about the profits.

Archived