What's Your favorite dinosaur?

Favorite is hard. I like the abilities and stats of argents, the raw power of rexes, the caving skill of sabertooths, the cuteness of otters, jerboas, light pets, and feroxes (although I wish the mesopithecus didn't look like a souless demon ?), and the look of snow owls, velonosaurs, managarmrs, and gachas (some say they look "alien," which I sort of get, but as much as I like real dinos, the element-infused creatures look nice).

Deinonychus is one of my favorites but I don't see it used super often, probably because of how weak default ones are. A wild hatch can barely handle carnos, but if you breed some stats and get an ascendant saddle you can kill alpha rexes, even a titanosaur if you run to heal occasionally. It also can provide huge damage in a lot boss fights.

Favorite land creature (rideable): tek rex.

Favorite land/water creature (rideable): spino.

Favorite battle/travel flying creature: crystal wyvern (any kind, but Ember preferred with Blood being close second. Tropicals are okay, but they gotta have real nice colors to catch my eye).

Favorite resource hauler/travel flying creature: quetzal. Argies are okay too, but I like quetzals more because they're HUUUGE and make that "cro-cro-cro" sound that's kinda cute.

Favorite land creature (non-rideable): dung beetle. Dodos close second,  because they're quick to breed and have all the color regions, so perfect for color mutations. Also, eggs.

Favorite fully aquatic creature: megalodon. Easy to get (I got mine from a beach where he was standing on the very tip of his nose, unable to go deeper into water, yet, apparently, submerged enough to stay alive), reasonably strong. Doesn't look too bad, too.

Favorite dino to draw on: diplodocus.

Dino with my favorite level up animation: deinonychus. No jumps, now wiggles, just scratching its head in a perfectly normal way, as if saying "Yeah, I'm awesome. It's so obvious that anyone with half a brain should understand it without any special moves".

Due to getting a giga, this list is updated with: Favorite meatrunner/dino-to-come-to-someone's-aid-on-so-that-it-looks-like-I'm-cooler-than-I-am: Giganotosaurus.

My most used tame and the one I couldn't live without is the Argy.  

The one I enjoy riding the most is the Thyla-oh-so-coolio.  I love putting this vehicle in 4-wheel drive and just going anywhere.

*disclaimer* I have only played on the island thus far and therefore reserve the right to change my mind to this question in the future!!!!

Archived