Valguero - The Lair - Final chamber repositioning issue with lag spike

BenoitNadeau

Valguero - The Lair - Final chamber repositioning issue with lag spike

Hi, 

i'm a big fan of Valguero -  The Lair. I play on official 555 and 556 pve.

When I am experiencing the usual lag spikes, while inside the cave, if i am riding my dino (e.g. Argentavis), when the lag spike ends, sometime i roll back to the previous position i was before the lag spikes started but my dino does not follow. Usually when this happens, i  am in the final chamber where there is a yellow loot crate. I fly my argentavis in the tunnel and fly to the exit or to the inner chamber with the artifact of the strong which is my favorite safe spot. But, if i do this while the lag spike is going on, i will sometime roll back to the last chamber and my argentavis stays at the place i was , i.e. in the exit tunnel or at the ''safe spot''. This is a recurrent issue, it happens to me  once  or twice per day.

The worst part of this, the final chamber does not have poison air, and structure are not targetable, so if no enemies are in there i can hardly suicide myself. To continue to play in the Lair despite this probleme, i place sleeping bags in the places i know my argentavis is usually located when the roll back happens, in the entrance tunnel or in the entrance of Artifact of the strong chamber. I have a back up argentavis and scuba set to be able to rescue my stuff.

I suspect there is more to it than just lag spike side effect in this case. For example, it has happened to me while exiting the cave (dozen times), i am re positioned in the final chamber and the argentavis stays in the entrance. Most lag spike do not last all the time needed to travel last chamber to the entrance. And why the rollback location is always the final chamber?

Expected behavior : while a rollback occurs, the ridden dino should behave the same. This is especially important in caves.

Reproducibility : sometimes, needs a long lag spike (5-10s) and be riding a dino while moving.

Impact on gameplay : High, the player might lose all his equipments, maybe dino in some cases.

Other thoughts : The dino is always at the exact spot its left when the rollback occurs.

Archived