What's this structure used for?

Morticielle

4 hours ago, Luizza said:

These towers are all over the servers I play on, they take up immense amounts of space.

Devs should really limit the number of gachas each tribe can have on a server... or something.

Why do tribes need this much dust if it's not for selling for RM? You gain enough dust to buy anything you want that is legitimately for sale in game, or create more than enough element for months with 4 gachas in a few hours.

I cant speak to why they want or need that much dust, but I will say Ive had 2 small huts that hold 2 gachas each. Ive run it with 4 dust gachas for hours and hours and it is by no means going to get me enough element for months. This was on valguero and it was actually much more effective to do boss fights repeatedly than sit around for days and days with 4 gachas constantly getting more stone. And that was before genesis came out so with genesis you could farm the shards even faster than that.

This is based on the assumption that they would be using the actual element, if its strictly for trading purposes then I could see 10+ gachas getting dust to most likely be the most effective way.

1 minute ago, Piffguru said:

I cant speak to why they want or need that much dust, but I will say Ive had 2 small huts that hold 2 gachas each. Ive run it with 4 dust gachas for hours and hours and it is by no means going to get me enough element for months. This was on valguero and it was actually much more effective to do boss fights repeatedly than sit around for days and days with 4 gachas constantly getting more stone. And that was before genesis came out so with genesis you could farm the shards even faster than that.

This is based on the assumption that they would be using the actual element, if its strictly for trading purposes then I could see 10+ gachas getting dust to most likely be the most effective way.

I guess I'm not giving away any state secrets but never use stone.

Get an iguanodon or 2, convert berries to seeds inside them by using the command on the command wheel (having a few static roll rats always out collecting or a bronto is great for this), feed the gachas those, you can stuff them full of far more (up to 300 stacks, leave space for a pellet or two they can pick up as they produce) and they don't expire. Very easy to store too.

Using that method  I collect more than I need easily with 2 gachas left in front of owls and just stuff in seeds when I know I will be around for a bit. If you're in a tribe or even solo but around base a while you will collect far more than you could need in afew hours, I haven't had to collect now for months. 

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

for days and days with 4 gachas constantly getting more stone.

People that use those farms are using seeds. If you put 150 stacks of berries on an Iguanodon and convert to seeds, it will give you 150 stacks of seeds but only consume 1 stack of berries. Add an extra stack, convert again, repeat and you get 15000 seeds for every 100 berries you farm. I don't think it was initially intended to work that way but yeah, people are filling ton of dedicated storages with seeds, build massive farms like that, use macro to whip the crystals and come every now and then to empty their inventory, etc.

5 minutes ago, Luizza said:

I guess I'm not giving away any state secrets but never use stone.

Get an iguanodon or 2, convert berries to seeds inside them by using the command on the command wheel (having a few static roll rats always out collecting or a bronto is great for this), feed the gachas those, you can stuff them full of far more (up to 300 stacks, leave space for a pellet or two they can pick up as they produce) and they don't expire. Very easy to store too.

Using that method  I collect more than I need easily with 2 gachas left in front of owls and just stuff in seeds when I know I will be around for a bit. If you're in a tribe or even solo but around base a while you will collect far more than you could need in afew hours, I haven't had to collect now for months. 

Yea Im aware of the seeds method, Ive used it but it didnt feel as good to me. In the same time I would do a single stone run vs a single berry run, the stones would last longer in the gacha than the seeds would by far for me. Maybe if I just stored up massive amounts of seeds before starting gacha converting it would have made more sense but doing it on the go once in a while it seemed less efficient.

On 7/23/2020 at 2:25 AM, nameless said:

i dont understand why there are still RMT (real money trading) in official server

as developers, it shouldnt be hard for them to program a system that search for key words in a server and  make records of the chat (like "$", or external website links). similarly, systems can be made to search keywords in google, discord, and even Chinese websites to find RMTs.

once found, they just need to try trading with them in game. If developers control official servers, they should be able to mask their own steam ID (use a new account every time and then give themselves a copy of ark), and to record the IP address of RMT (they can use VPN to mask it, but still, some may not use VPN). once ID and IP are confirmed, RMT can be banned, at least in one account

some RMTs use cheap accounts sold by players who dont play ARK any more, and then use VPN to mask IP address to avoid bans. but then developers just need a system to flag an account that has: (1, returned after being inactive for a long time. and 2, changed its IP address vastly during this time)

in short, automated system and minimized human efforts can be used against RMTs. they dont need to be perfect, only good enough to make RMT too troublesome to be profitable.

now that RMTs are still there, i can understand why there are rumors that shady relationships exist between RMT and corruptions in developer/enforcer team.

they cant even add a translator to the game and u expect them to add this??? let alone while they are working on ARK2 now .... not a chance (unfortunatly)

24 minutes ago, XxxGodzxxX said:

All these are , are MAJOR lag producers on the servers that they are on. They shouldn't be aloud ingame at all.

Neither should an abandoned church or a glass dome 150 pillars high (Might be exaggerating a bit) or a base with a sign that's 20 walls high.... And that's just on one of my main servers, let alone the ones I've transferred to to complete trades. Ark gives you the freedom to build as you wish within the restrictions of the game, so if this is what someone wants to build then that's up to them. I'm sure everyone has built something like this at one point. 

40 minutes ago, HeavenlyXInglex said:

Neither should an abandoned church or a glass dome 150 pillars high (Might be exaggerating a bit) or a base with a sign that's 20 walls high.... And that's just on one of my main servers, let alone the ones I've transferred to to complete trades. Ark gives you the freedom to build as you wish within the restrictions of the game, so if this is what someone wants to build then that's up to them. I'm sure everyone has built something like this at one point. 

If it was a populated church would it be exempt?

3 hours ago, d1nk said:

If it was a populated church would it be exempt?

If it was a functioning base that looked like a church then yes it would be. But just to have it sit there. No smithy, forge, fridges etc.... Just a structure that is empty then it's a waste. But they've decided to build it so the way I deal with it is to not fly near it. The same can be said for these structures, just avoid them and they won't be an issue. 

Archived