What's this structure used for?

Morticielle

Today I saw on an official 'The Center' pve server two strange structures (attached picture) build by chines tribes, whos purpose I don't understand. In the center of the lower deck are a Tek Transmitter and some Tek Dedicated Storage crates. At the upper end of each ramp is a simple trough. Can anybody explain what this structure is used for? TIA

ARK strange structure.jpg

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Morticielle said:

Today I saw on an official 'The Center' pve server two strange structures (attached picture) build by chines tribes, whos purpose I don't understand. In the center of the lower deck are a Tek Transmitter and some Tek Dedicated Storage crates. At the upper end of each ramp is a simple trough. Can anybody explain what this structure is used for? TIA

ARK strange structure.jpg

Most likely a dust factory (distanced Gacha couples).

40 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

Gacha crystals have different physics than poop or eggs?

When server ping gets above certain value, eggs and poop don't roll anymore. Sometimes they don't even fall and freeze in the air until spoiled.

I doubt this design can be effective on official during prime time.

Gacha crystals definitely have a different physics than poop or eggs, and if anything ive seen the crystals roll farther than normal when the server is having ping issues.

2 hours ago, StaceyMalibu said:

Gacha system to farm dust to sell for real money.

Because all the people that do it, and I've been personally tracking, do not play the game at all, they don't communicate, they don't do boss fights, they clone and sell, or sell the dust itself.

Shrug.

Looks exactly like our Gacha tower,  have u been tracking us too then?

I guess we should stop playing

Should we remove our tek teleporters and transmitters cos we don't do bosses?

Should we stop using dust as a form of in game payment for dinos?

Better not say more cos that means im communicating.

10 hours ago, reddotjellytot said:

Like I said, they have 500 dinos out, no communication whatsoever, only activity is on 1 server, never saw them in caves, never saw them do anything remotely "FUN" in game.

Now You have a gacha tower but:
- You buy stats
- You have tek teleporters and transmitters to do trades
- You pay stuff for dinos that I GUESS YOU USE.
- And you replied here.

If you want to feel personally attacked that's your call. All Im saying is: Swing to my server, watch the gacha systems and see how the owners of said bases are basically idling in base (using the snow owl glitch too, with proof) doing NOTHING.

6 minutes ago, StaceyMalibu said:

Like I said, they have 500 dinos out, no communication whatsoever, only activity is on 1 server, never saw them in caves, never saw them do anything remotely "FUN" in game.

- You buy stats
- And you replied here.

If you want to feel personally attacked that's your call. All Im saying is: Swing to my server, watch the gacha systems and see how the owners of said bases are basically idling in base (using the snow owl glitch too, with proof) doing NOTHING.

Tbh the only thing they are doing wrong is using a glitch with the owl. 

Idling doing nothing, having 500 dinos out, etc is not agaisnt the TOC. 

Honestly it would pee me off to see that too but what can u do about it.

The gacha towers are everywhere, i see multiple on every server iv been on, the reason they sit idle is because when they de-render the base the gachas dont produce.

Yes we have teleporters to do trades, doesn't every trader, dust is a heavy farm and the dinos we do get WE DO USE.

But u stated that u track people that have these towers to sell dust for real money, if u have the proof they are doing that then all I can say is RIP to that tribe.  Enforcement team will come down on them like a ton of bricks. It doesn't mean everyone who has towers like this are selling for real cash.

i dont understand why there are still RMT (real money trading) in official server

as developers, it shouldnt be hard for them to program a system that search for key words in a server and  make records of the chat (like "$", or external website links). similarly, systems can be made to search keywords in google, discord, and even Chinese websites to find RMTs.

once found, they just need to try trading with them in game. If developers control official servers, they should be able to mask their own steam ID (use a new account every time and then give themselves a copy of ark), and to record the IP address of RMT (they can use VPN to mask it, but still, some may not use VPN). once ID and IP are confirmed, RMT can be banned, at least in one account

some RMTs use cheap accounts sold by players who dont play ARK any more, and then use VPN to mask IP address to avoid bans. but then developers just need a system to flag an account that has: (1, returned after being inactive for a long time. and 2, changed its IP address vastly during this time)

in short, automated system and minimized human efforts can be used against RMTs. they dont need to be perfect, only good enough to make RMT too troublesome to be profitable.

now that RMTs are still there, i can understand why there are rumors that shady relationships exist between RMT and corruptions in developer/enforcer team.

On 7/22/2020 at 8:36 PM, StaceyMalibu said:

- You buy stats
- And you replied here.

You play PVE dude. How does any of that affect you ?

4 minutes ago, covenantgrunt said:

You play PVE dude. How does any of that affect you ?

ever see people advertising for RMT (real money trading) that sells duplicated blueprints/ mechs,  for real currencies? 

RMT more or less encourages cheating, and cheating more or less breaks the balance in the game (welp, it can also outright break the server, and cause low server performance or random item/ character loss)
This being said, every player is potentially a victim of RMT in PVP and PVE a like......... except those who are RMTs themselves

2 minutes ago, nameless said:

ever see people advertising for RMT (real money trading) that sells duplicated blueprints/ mechs,  for real currencies? 

RMT more or less encourages cheating, and cheating more or less breaks the balance in the game (welp, it can also outright break the server, and cause low server performance or random item/ character loss)
This being said, every player is potentially a victim of RMT in PVP and PVE a like......... except those who are RMTs themselves

You play PVE, none of their stuff can be used to attack you, how does RMT break balance for you ? 

Just now, covenantgrunt said:

You play PVE, none of their stuff can be used to attack you, how does RMT break balance for you ? 

duplication of items requires them to either crash the server or to severely reduce the performance

for example, if this happens when someone is transferring character, it can cause character loss (maybe an effective death sentence for everything that person owns, due to the ineffectiveness in character restoration process)
for example, if this happens when someone is defending OSD or ascending, it can cause failure of defense or ascension, and loss of everything invested into the said defense or ascension

sometimes it also out right causes changes in game mechanics, such like anti- meshing and transfer timer, these mechanisms are supposingly targeted against cheaters, but they also caused much damages and waste of time for the ones who never broke a rule in CoC

On 7/22/2020 at 7:36 PM, StaceyMalibu said:

- You buy stats
- And you replied here.

what is the server name? i'll come and check out the gacha tower

• 4 months later...

These come in 6 sided varients. Honestly they are fair play in pvp servers. If your capable of protecting such a ridiculously sized structure that cant be covered by a tek gen and by extension turrets and will no doubt be full of los problems then u deserve to run it. Work smarter not harder. Besides if you are the one actually setting the stupid things up and then having to make sure that owls one of the fastest starving creatures in the game are all topped up and then individually putting the gachas crystal making food (seeds from an iguanadon if you arnt a masochist) in each of the 24 gachas on a 4 side tower or 36 gachas on a hexagonal one. Btw to run these constantly u need a good few owls most people do two per gacha however 3 per is what you need to never practically never run out of pellets meaning you need 48 owls on the smallest tower with only 2 owls per gacha. If you did 3 per gacha on the 6 sided tower your looking at 108 individual owls to keep fed. So yea these things do need maintained when active. The people in their base doing 'nothing' have already invested time building the big gangly structures, making sure the distances are exact or the gachas will be too close and screw it up. And doing all the aforementioned maintenance. So yea. Fair play

These towers are all over the servers I play on, they take up immense amounts of space.

Devs should really limit the number of gachas each tribe can have on a server... or something.

Why do tribes need this much dust if it's not for selling for RM? You gain enough dust to buy anything you want that is legitimately for sale in game, or create more than enough element for months with 4 gachas in a few hours.

On 7/22/2020 at 10:09 AM, reddotjellytot said:

He's not wrong though. There is far too much real $ transactions on Ark. Most alpha tribes on official small tribes bought most of what they have. Sad state.

Archived