Terrible dinos

DodoRaptor

Terrible dinos

I have the slider dragged to 1.0 and max difficulty enabled, I've dino-wiped twice recently, and everything I find is garbage. Youtubers with the same difficulty, even on The Island, find good and bad dinos, but the bad ones still tend to have levels that are a multiple of five, not weird things like 28 and 16, and good ones aren't non-existent. I'm losing it! What is going on!? I just wanna kill bosses, but everything absolutely sucks! Also, on a less angry note, I can't find an option to chage imprint interval anymore.

I'm absolutely baffled. I have my rounded number, but I still keep seeing "weird" levels, and nothing better than 116. There's absolutely no pattern, other than the fact that all the levels seem to be even numbers. Maximum difficulty off, only using slider. Is my game totally messed up? Could I get a response from a dev, or someone who knows what's going on. Back on Ragnarok, I didn't have this problem. Is anyone experiencing this?

6 hours ago, DodoRaptor said:

Terrible dinos

I have the slider dragged to 1.0 and max difficulty enabled, I've dino-wiped twice recently, and everything I find is garbage. Youtubers with the same difficulty, even on The Island, find good and bad dinos, but the bad ones still tend to have levels that are a multiple of five, not weird things like 28 and 16, and good ones aren't non-existent. I'm losing it! What is going on!? I just wanna kill bosses, but everything absolutely sucks! Also, on a less angry note, I can't find an option to chage imprint interval anymore.

move the slider, and also check the "maximum difficulty" box...…..150 theiri's galore

5 minutes ago, DodoRaptor said:

That's exactly what I said I did originally, I had it dragged to 1.0 AND maximum difficulty enabled. It won't work, and I'm totally stumped.

well, just keep your eye's peeled man....we did this and started off with low levels too, but the more we explored, the better things got.....only got a few "perfects" but yeah....150 saber, 150 thylo, and 140 rex..... had to go through many dozens of low rex's, and the saber and thylo was just pure accident. just keep your eye's peeled.

5 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

well, just keep your eye's peeled man....we did this and started off with low levels too, but the more we explored, the better things got.....only got a few "perfects" but yeah....150 saber, 150 thylo, and 140 rex..... had to go through many dozens of low rex's, and the saber and thylo was just pure accident. just keep your eye's peeled.

I get it, but if you looked at my posts more closely, you'll see that I pointed out that levels are multiples of four, whereas on servers with a proper 5.0 difficulty, it seems to always be a multiple of five. That's my main reason for thinking something's up, I'll mess with the settings more tommorrow, and hopefully fix this. I know good levels aren't common, but two hours of searching with the best dino being 116...

2 hours ago, LEDminer said:

For The Island, to get 150 dinos you have to do some .ini trickery. Within your game files, locate a file named GameUserSettings.ini. Open that in notepad and find [ServerSettings]. Under this you have to add the lines "OverrideOfficialDifficulty = 5.0" and "DifficultyOffset = 1.0" for dinos to be the correct level.

Thanks, I did this, I'll see if worked later today when I play. I've never heard of anyone else having to do this; maybe it doesn't always happen?

39 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

The official maps have the max level at 120 by default, as it was like this back in the day. For some reason they didn't change it for these maps, yet the free DLC maps have 150 as the max.

Okay. One last thing. If an update resets my settings, will I need to add this back into the files?

11 hours ago, DodoRaptor said:

I get it, but if you looked at my posts more closely, you'll see that I pointed out that levels are multiples of four, whereas on servers with a proper 5.0 difficulty, it seems to always be a multiple of five. That's my main reason for thinking something's up, I'll mess with the settings more tommorrow, and hopefully fix this. I know good levels aren't common, but two hours of searching with the best dino being 116...

Oh Iv had all sorts....126 parasaur, 48 their....tamed up a 62 mammoth, thought that was a bit odd, but figured the game still spits out rando's.

Archived