Snipar88

Suggestion

Suggestions for your QOL Catalog

Here are some suggestions for your QOL Catalog:

1. Enabled transfer of Ice/Snow Golems to all maps
  2. Enabled transfer of tek trikes to all maps
  3. Add cement to the gacha ressource list
  4. Add ambergris to the gacha ressource list
  5. Astrocetus saddle should be a normal engram to learn and the crafting cost should be reduced by 50%
  6. Add on all other maps an easy way to gather element (red crystals for example) for better balance and fairness
  7. Make everything x2 as the new Standart
  8. Remove „walking“ from imprints
  9. Add an „imprint station“ where you can put  imprint Materials in it (works like an fridge and runs with normal energy) that imprints automatic all creatures in it range
  10. Decrease the lootpool from all the loot crates to a maximum of 10 or 15 items/blueprints (for example red loot drops on the Island has only asc blueprints or premade saddles with high armor from end game tames like giga, rex, astrocetus...)
  11. Remove stuff from genesis loot boxes like soups and prime fishmeat... 
  12. Add deinonychus saddle and blueprint to all lootdroops from every map
  13. Make babys eat from trough
  14. Cloning should also copy the imprint and binding it to the player who starts cloning or greatly reduce cloning costs on maps without the possibillity to get easy element
  15. Saddle for wyverns
  16. Saddle fro Griffins
  17. Wyverns, griffins and rock drakes should be breedable
  18. Remove or reduce fog on the island
  19. Make rain less disturbing on the island (like on genesis in the bog biom)
  20. Let us walk through the tails of babys (extreme annoying by baby gigas and rex‘s)
  21. Add the option on console to show the floating damage numbers
  22. Let us use tek transmitter without the engram learned
  23. Unlock all available engrams on every map
  24. Remove upload timer or greatly reduce it (3 mins maximum for example) on pve

3 replies to this server topic

Personally I love lists like this, where I can comment, question, or add to things on the list. Just made a few notes for fun. Overall, not a bad list. 

• Enabled transfer of Ice/Snow Golems to all maps
    • Excluding the case where a map specifically doesn't allow a type of creature, all creatures should be transferable in my opinion. Flyers and/or Titans seem to be creatures that seem to be locked off specific maps and I am good with that - so long as unofficially can disable that lock. 
  • Enabled transfer of tek trikes to all maps
    • Same as above. 
  • Add cement to the Gacha resources list
    • What do you mean by cement? Like cementing paste? or as in the primitive plus cement for their construction? 
  • Add ambergris to the Gacha resources list
    • I think it is meant to be rare as it is a feeding/taming item. Not only that, but it is an item from a different map. So unless they came up with an "updated" Gacha that would drop new resources, it seems odd that a gacha would drop something from a different map. As it it, it drops items that are from Extinction and that makes sense as it spawns there naturally. 
  • Astrocetus saddle should be a normal engram to learn and the crafting cost should be reduced by 50%
    • Haven't tamed one nor have I been interested it doing so. I pretty strictly taming creatures that are breedable. So I haven't looked into the saddles or anything for this creatures.  
  • Add on all other maps an easy way to gather element (red crystals for example) for better balance and fairness
    • This is something I think they should look into. If not adding locations where small amounts could be harvested, then perhaps opening up the transfer of said resources - even as a limited transfer item (meaning you could only transfer so much within a set time period). It seems odd to have such a resources locked down. Specifically with PvE players. On PvP there is the concern with the immediate start up of  resources to take over a map - so it makes sense that a direct transfer of element forms isn't used, but PvE is a bit different. 
    • They should at least have it set as a setting for hosts to disable and enable for unofficial maps. 
  • Make everything x2 as the new Standard
    • I have seen this going around forum and twitter posts recently and it seems like a common request. Personally I wasn't able to keep up with the timing of an official map and went to unofficial in order to play the game. So I don't want to speak on behalf of officials beyond stating that I have seen this around. Not sure how all official players feel about it though. 
  • Remove „walking“ from imprints
    • If there is any imprint I miss - is definitely the " wants to walk with you" command. Luckily we have cryopods in the standard version of the game and I can always toss the creature out to get it to change, but that doesn't work on our primitive map and as such, I have lost many creatures that way. 
  • Adjust Imprinting Request by Dino Type
    • Herbivores- Berries, Cuddles, Plants (citronal, longrass, etc), Kibble
    • Carnivores - Meats, Jerky's, Cuddles, Kibbles
    • Omnivores - All of the above. 
  • Add an „imprint station“ where you can put  imprint Materials in it (works like an fridge and runs with normal energy) that imprints automatic all creatures in it range
    • I am pretty sure S+ or another mod had a features like that. And when they added the Homestead update, that was one of the features they decided not to go forward with. Personally I can somewhat understand why. It would make imprinting much easier... which is both a good thing and a bad thing. I would have turned the process into a "set it and forget it" method. (reminds me of a crockpot?) as opposed to something you need to work for. So it makes sense why they didn't add it. 
    • I get it, but wouldn't have minded having it. I would have probably made it to be a tek level item with a crazy high resources cost with a high element/shard cost to keep the thing running to make it possible, but difficult to make and use. An end game item that only those at the end of the game could afford to mess with. 
  • Decrease the lootpool from all the loot crates to a maximum of 10 or 15 items/blueprints (for example red loot drops on the Island has only asc blueprints or premade saddles with high armor from end game tames like giga, rex, astrocetus...)
    • This I can't say much on. I create the drops using Beacon for our server and can't remember what they typically hold. 
      • We went with a 85% drop rate on blueprints with max levels only available in cave and boss fights so if you want the good stuff, you gotta work for it. 
  • Remove stuff from genesis loot boxes like soups and prime fishmeat... 
    • Changed them too. 
  • Add deinonychus saddle and blueprint to all lootdroops from every map
    • Why? If you can only "tame" the creature on Valguero it makes to sense to have the creature's items on other maps. It is one of the ways to promote moving between the maps. 
  • Make babys eat from trough
    • No thanks. I can see why it would make something easier, but most babies don't eat from a trough from day one so I am good with the character feeding at that stage. 
  • Cloning should also copy the imprint and binding it to the player who starts cloning or greatly reduce cloning costs on maps without the possibility to get easy element
    • Cloning would make more sense if the imprint and/or binding carried. However, I disagree with the cost reduction. The use of this items should be rare and costly. If anything I think having the imprint carried over should be an option and have a very high cost. 
    • Its an end game item at best and if it is too easy to use, it could be taken advantage of. If the cost was reduced and imprinting added, why ever raise and army when you could clone it? 
      • The only work around I could see is that if you wanted the cost to be lower, you would have to significantly raise the time it takes to make it comparable (or longer) than raising the creature yourself. So then you could decide if it would be better to clone it at the cost of shards or raise it at the cost of active game time to imprint it. 
  • Saddle for wyverns
    • Yes. Even if they are only added as the basic level. 
  • Saddle fro Griffins
    • Yes. And due to the speed comparison and power comparison of other breedable creatures now available, I would say that the saddle should also come with levels as standard saddles should. 
  • Wyverns, griffins and rock drakes should be breedable
    • Wyverns - Unofficial Option Only. 
    • Griffins - Breedable (as mentioned above they have competition in the fields they were OP at before and now seem lacking. It would be nice to bring them back into that competition field and making them breedable would do so)
    • Rock Drakes - Unofficial Option Only. 
  • Remove or reduce fog on the island
    • On The Center as well. 
  • Make rain less disturbing on the island (like on genesis in the bog biome)
    • It should be applied to all the maps. 
      • When a new and improved weather feature is discovered, tested, and tried, it would be nice if they tried to include that on the other maps to help improve them as well. I know it may always be possible, but it would be nice to see if they could. It would be interesting to see a snow storm act like those on Genesis on the other maps. 
  • Let us walk through the tails of babys (extreme annoying by baby gigas and rex‘s)
    • Not an issue with what I breed...So no comment. 
  • Add the option on console to show the floating damage numbers
    • I am confused... I play console and we have floating damage numbers. At least against wild creatures and enemies. Not so much against those in your tribe. But I do play unofficial, so it may be a setting I suppose.
  • Let us use tek transmitter without the engram learned
    • Nope. It is a tek level item and therefore should cost the engram to use it. There are obelisks you can use in the mean time. 
      • A workaround could be an advanced Transmitter that has a pad like a teleporter. And as with the teleporter, when activated anything on the pad could travel to the other map. It would save time from having to transmit items over using the transmitter/obelisk menu. A similar travel method was used in Atlas, where everything on the ship could transfer grids, so it seems possible that it could be worked in for Ark with the pad being the limit to items and creatures. 
      • By going with this method you could technically use the transmitter... As long as someone with the advanced transmitter engram unlocked could activate it for you. 
  • Unlock all available engrams on every map
    • You can do so with unofficial - on the standard game play. If you do so with Primitive Plus... It doesn't work completely... They never added Primitive Plus to Extinction and Genesis so their engrams do not show properly. Had Snow Owls on a primitive plus map that we couldn't get saddles for. 
    • If you are saying they should for official... Nope. I think it is a legit reason to force you to travel between maps and a reason for purchasing the one that are map specific. (Extinction and Genesis mostly since Abberation items are on Valguero and Scorched Earth items are on Ragnarok)
  • Remove upload timer or greatly reduce it (3 mins maximum for example) on pve
    • Hasn't been an issue on our maps so I can't really comment. 

Thank you for the reply and your own ideas/suggestions.

First of all, all my suggestions should apply to Official Pve Servers on ps4, no prim+ or unofficial. In general every Platform and every game type (pve,pvp,prim+) should get their own Updates and Patches separately and independent of each other.

2 hours ago, SapphireSam7 said:
  • Add cement to the Gacha resources list
    • What do you mean by cement? Like cementing paste? or as in the primitive plus cement for their construction?
    • Cement or cementing paste are the same on official and are used for almost everything, but in the case of The Island map the effort and the earnings are not as they should be
  • Add ambergris to the Gacha resources list
    • I think it is meant to be rare as it is a feeding/taming item. Not only that, but it is an item from a different map. So unless they came up with an "updated" Gacha that would drop new resources, it seems odd that a gacha would drop something from a different map. As it it, it drops items that are from Extinction and that makes sense as it spawns there naturally. 
    • They invented a "Slot Machine" and they should use this great idea and mechanic to give people the oppurtunity to get ressources from other maps and update it continuously at least with cement.
  • Add on all other maps an easy way to gather element (red crystals for example) for better balance and fairness
    • This is something I think they should look into. If not adding locations where small amounts could be harvested, then perhaps opening up the transfer of said resources - even as a limited transfer item (meaning you could only transfer so much within a set time period). It seems odd to have such a resources locked down. Specifically with PvE players. On PvP there is the concern with the immediate start up of  resources to take over a map - so it makes sense that a direct transfer of element forms isn't used, but PvE is a bit different. 
    • They should at least have it set as a setting for hosts to disable and enable for unofficial maps. 
    • Like i said my suggestions are for their official pve servers on console and its crazy how people from Extinction and Genesis "swim" in element while players on other maps only have the oppurtunity to do expensive and time consuming boss fights or make it slow with the gacha. So they should add the same things on all the other maps or remove it completly to make it an real endgame item and very rare like in old times, only obtainable through boss fights.
  • Remove „walking“ from imprints
    • If there is any imprint I miss - is definitely the " wants to walk with you" command. Luckily we have cryopods in the standard version of the game and I can always toss the creature out to get it to change, but that doesn't work on our primitive map and as such, I have lost many creatures that way. 
  • Adjust Imprinting Request by Dino Type
    • Herbivores- Berries, Cuddles, Plants (citronal, longrass, etc), Kibble
    • Carnivores - Meats, Jerky's, Cuddles, Kibbles
    • Omnivores - All of the above. 
    • agree, nothing more to say
  • Add an „imprint station“ where you can put  imprint Materials in it (works like an fridge and runs with normal energy) that imprints automatic all creatures in it range
    • I am pretty sure S+ or another mod had a features like that. And when they added the Homestead update, that was one of the features they decided not to go forward with. Personally I can somewhat understand why. It would make imprinting much easier... which is both a good thing and a bad thing. I would have turned the process into a "set it and forget it" method. (reminds me of a crockpot?) as opposed to something you need to work for. So it makes sense why they didn't add it. 
    • I get it, but wouldn't have minded having it. I would have probably made it to be a tek level item with a crazy high resources cost with a high element/shard cost to keep the thing running to make it possible, but difficult to make and use. An end game item that only those at the end of the game could afford to mess with. 
    • Consoles have no mods and i think on official you cant use them anyway. Even with Cryopods a Giga takes a Month or more for an avereage Player to raise. Such a mechanic is normaly used on pay-to-win games, but in that case we have the Buy-to-play situation and everything should be done in a normal Timeframe and not over weeks or months, thats the meaning behind QOL improvements. To be honest breeding and maturing times are ridiculous... they should reduce it about 75%, but that is just my opinion. So the imprint station should be a normal Engram with no high cost and no elemental use, because that whould only give players on Extinction and Genesis advantages...
  • Decrease the lootpool from all the loot crates to a maximum of 10 or 15 items/blueprints (for example red loot drops on the Island has only asc blueprints or premade saddles with high armor from end game tames like giga, rex, astrocetus...)
    • This I can't say much on. I create the drops using Beacon for our server and can't remember what they typically hold. 
      • We went with a 85% drop rate on blueprints with max levels only available in cave and boss fights so if you want the good stuff, you gotta work for it. 
    • Best example how it on official works is the blueprint of large plot crops in red supply crates... such useless things belongs to white supply crates
  • Add deinonychus saddle and blueprint to all lootdroops from every map
    • Why? If you can only "tame" the creature on Valguero it makes to sense to have the creature's items on other maps. It is one of the ways to promote moving between the maps. 
    • You can learn the normal engram at least on the Island and you can use the tames there, so you should be able to get good saddles for them. We use them for Dragon boss fight, to get at least a little bit element ?
  • Cloning should also copy the imprint and binding it to the player who starts cloning or greatly reduce cloning costs on maps without the possibility to get easy element
    • Cloning would make more sense if the imprint and/or binding carried. However, I disagree with the cost reduction. The use of this items should be rare and costly. If anything I think having the imprint carried over should be an option and have a very high cost. 
    • Its an end game item at best and if it is too easy to use, it could be taken advantage of. If the cost was reduced and imprinting added, why ever raise and army when you could clone it? 
      • The only work around I could see is that if you wanted the cost to be lower, you would have to significantly raise the time it takes to make it comparable (or longer) than raising the creature yourself. So then you could decide if it would be better to clone it at the cost of shards or raise it at the cost of active game time to imprint it. 
    • The cost reduction should only apply to maps without the advantage to get tons of element, The Island, Center etc. And now we have currently the Problem that the "endgame item" on two maps can be used easy, cheap and often. All other maps are F*cked...
  • Add the option on console to show the floating damage numbers
    • I am confused... I play console and we have floating damage numbers. At least against wild creatures and enemies. Not so much against those in your tribe. But I do play unofficial, so it may be a setting I suppose.
    • It's an server side option, since i'm only talking about officials you cannot activate it or use a mod because consoles dont have that.
  • Let us use tek transmitter without the engram learned
    • Nope. It is a tek level item and therefore should cost the engram to use it. There are obelisks you can use in the mean time. 
      • A workaround could be an advanced Transmitter that has a pad like a teleporter. And as with the teleporter, when activated anything on the pad could travel to the other map. It would save time from having to transmit items over using the transmitter/obelisk menu. A similar travel method was used in Atlas, where everything on the ship could transfer grids, so it seems possible that it could be worked in for Ark with the pad being the limit to items and creatures. 
      • By going with this method you could technically use the transmitter... As long as someone with the advanced transmitter engram unlocked could activate it for you. 
    • Only to make server traveling faster, no uploading of items or tames. Just Charakter travel.
  • Unlock all available engrams on every map
    • You can do so with unofficial - on the standard game play. If you do so with Primitive Plus... It doesn't work completely... They never added Primitive Plus to Extinction and Genesis so their engrams do not show properly. Had Snow Owls on a primitive plus map that we couldn't get saddles for. 
    • If you are saying they should for official... Nope. I think it is a legit reason to force you to travel between maps and a reason for purchasing the one that are map specific. (Extinction and Genesis mostly since Abberation items are on Valguero and Scorched Earth items are on Ragnarok)
    • Since you have to jump everytime to other servers to get the other engrams there is always 50% Chance of loosing your Character and everything you had. Since they are not able to patch this 100% or restore everything without waiting Months, every engram from the addons and maps you have bought should be learnable everywhere. It's definitly a life and time saver.

Thank you again for your Time to add suggestions and Ideas!

Everyone else: Like it, Share it, post it everywhere and at any time to get their attention to this.

Archived