Broodmother advice?

Megatheriums, if you wanna go secure, get also a Daeodon and a Yuty.
The moment you enter the arena, you gotta whistle the Megatheriums to surround and start attacking the damn spider immediately, make the Daeodon follow one of the Megas while healing with a bunch of food on his inventory, and you encourage everyone riding the Yuty from behind.

31 minutes ago, Zapha said:

The daedon is useless because after a few pulses it's empty, it makes not much difference. But the Yuti is a must and at least 10 megatheriums.

I'm pretty sure if you load the up a few daedons with meat and have them take shifts with a heal pulse you shouldn't have to worry too much about healing.

on Gamma

10 decent imprinted Megatheriums.  with ok saddles. and a yuty.  ride the Yuty and control the megas.   they should Shred the broodmother fairly fast. 
anything higher I would go with a full set of dinos. 19 megas and a yuty. 

if you want to go crazy.  Deinoycus shred most of the bosses.   with good saddles and bleed effect they are almost unstoppable.

3 hours ago, MSgt103ACS said:

on Gamma

10 decent imprinted Megatheriums.  with ok saddles. and a yuty.  ride the Yuty and control the megas.   they should Shred the broodmother fairly fast. 
anything higher I would go with a full set of dinos. 19 megas and a yuty. 

Can you define 'decent' Megas and 'OK" saddles?

I'm actually really interested in this post as I have played this game for an age and never considered bosses an option in single player. I have tamed and bred a fair few Rexes and Argies, even a couple of Yutys, but never really had the time or energy to get into stat breeding in quantity. Also a few of the Ark updates basically broke my buildings and I didn't have interest in rebuilding from scratch. Even though I can use the admin function, it kinda takes away from the sense of achievement.

I'd love to have a go at a boss, as although I've played three or four maps to a pretty full level, I've yet to 'ascend'. The one experience I had at trying was the broodmother on ragnarok, and the effort that went into taking her out, I just don't see me having the HP to take on one in an arena.

Thanks for your thoughts ?

1 hour ago, Zoglet said:

I'm actually really interested in this post as I have played this game for an age and never considered bosses an option in single player. I have tamed and bred a fair few Rexes and Argies, even a couple of Yutys, but never really had the time or energy to get into stat breeding in quantity. Also a few of the Ark updates basically broke my buildings and I didn't have interest in rebuilding from scratch. Even though I can use the admin function, it kinda takes away from the sense of achievement.

I'd love to have a go at a boss, as although I've played three or four maps to a pretty full level, I've yet to 'ascend'. The one experience I had at trying was the broodmother on ragnarok, and the effort that went into taking her out, I just don't see me having the HP to take on one in an arena.

Just tame some 140+ wild megas and get 100% imprint babies. Primitive saddles will be fine.

I did it with 19 mega like that + a yuty on a server, so singeplayer will be much easier, 10 megas can probably do it.

For higher difficulties you'll need to bring a full team and should breed your highest hp and melee dinos. A good saddle bp should be used too.

25 minutes ago, Thyme said:

Just tame some 140+ wild megas and get 100% imprint babies. Primitive saddles will be fine.

I did it with 19 mega like that + a yuty on a server, so singeplayer will be much easier, 10 megas can probably do it.

For higher difficulties you'll need to bring a full team and should breed your highest hp and melee dinos. A good saddle bp should be used too.

My breed and imprinted megas killed the gamma brood mother easily. I had 10 of em, with Rexes as backup. They had primitive saddles, because I never found a BP for their saddle. They did not do well though against the Alpha Brood Mother. 6 of the 10 were killed. They had just 30k HP on an unofficial with tames boosted in stats a bit, but that wasn't enough. The Rexes had great saddles, but even one of them took 10k damage.

I haven't done the bosses much. I'm a bit surprised looking at the stats in the wiki that an Alpha boss is so much harder to kill than the gamma boss. The stats seem to indicate it is about 3x as hard, but it seems more like 10x to me. Maybe I'm just not thinking about the stats right. 3x HP * 3x Melee = 9x harder is probably more like how I should think about it.

Been playing two years (with a few breaks between) and I think I have yet to even find a good rex or argie one. Embarassed to say I've never even focused on megas. Even fighting high level alphas was a bit of a worry. Ever since some insanely OP alpha rex turned up outside my base and over a course of an hour, soaked up all my ammo, broke all my weapons, chewed through my defences and destroyed everything I held dear. I guess you learn much less doing stuff on your own. Now I know. Thanks again for the advice. Guess it's time to man up and start searching! I suspect it will end in tears though, most stuff on Ark usually does for me lol. Wish me luck! ;)

Zoglet, I recently found a mastercraft rex saddle in the swamp cave.  I also have blueprints for a couple mega saddles, but I honestly don't remember for sure where I got them.  I think it was either the swamp cave (on one of my many runs looking for the rex bp) or underwater caves.  I think anything primitive or better would work once you find it if you fight with a solid team of megas.  btw, I did all three broodmother levels with rexes and primitive saddles, so it can be done.  But megas are the better way to go.

I got saddles for megas from Valguero orbital drops and from the 3-chest-cave where you can fly.

I totaly failed this fight. Didn't wanted to do the egg and imprinting thing, it's so much time consuming. Therefore I tamed 19 high level megas and a yuti, all  between level 90 and 140 before taming. I respected for a crafter and made journeyman saddles with values like mastercrafted.

Tried the fight 5 times in singleplayer with official settings. Absolutely no chance. Best try was Broodmother down to ~66 %. I Came to the conclusion that I must level the megas to ~level 400, what maybe needs longer than the egg and imprinting thing.

On 7/20/2020 at 3:52 PM, GrognakTheDestroyer said:

Broodmother advice?

I just finished collecting the artifacts to fight the broodmother on gamma difficulty. Is there any particular gear or dinos I should be bringing? Ps: I dont plan on taming 30 rexes. I play single player and don't want any part in that.

umm, bad news. Unless you bumped health/melee settings at the main page, you prolly going to need those 20 dinos for the alpha, and don't even think about it unless you go straight into cheat mode for the dragon, even on gamma difficulty.

For an easy broodmother run, just go with the megatheriums…...they get a bug buff everytime they kill a insect. Since the broodmother spawns in regular sized spidies that can be killed easily, it gives your megatherium army a boost in ass whipery during the match.
With this said however, it is the only boss that you can kinda get an advantage on.....the megapithicus has no weakness's to take advantage of. And the dragon does extra damage against carnivores.

In all honesty, the best shot you got at one single army vs all the bosses is a theri army, with a yuty on auto courage, and a deadon to heal in the middle of the battle. We took down all 3 bosses on all 3 levels of difficulty with this set up. 

I tried the broodmother last night. The fight went horribly. I had the daedon set to auto healing, but for some reason it decided to just not give that buff. The yutyranus on auto courage did courage once over the course of the entire fight. My therizno died i  1 hit. My daedon died shortly after the therizno. My dinos got the spiders health down about 1/4. I'm not sure what went wrong here. Do daedons randomly stop their auto healing buff? I think the final problem was the crappy tame ai. Every single dino I had rushed the broodmkther which is a horrible idea. The megatherium was one of the first to die. (Not sure how that happened. It had more health than the rex that lasted three times as long.

I didnt lose anything though, I loaded the game to just before when I fought the spider. I only fought it as a test to see what I'm hoing to need to improve on. From what i saw, its nearly hopless to attempt to fight it solo. A few of my friends still play ark. I'll ask them if they are willing to help. 

I guess the positioning is the key. When I failed with this fight I had the impression that only the front row of my megatheriums did damage, but not those behind. I sent them all together onto the broodmother. Maybe better to make four groups and let them attack from different directions.

I think you should also ride the Yuti and do the shouts manual.

Anyway, this is the first and easiest boss, Wildcard, it should be doable with normal high level tames and not require the whole breeding thing. This would encourage your players to play longer before they quit. As it is now the boss fights are reserved for people with much time.

9 hours ago, GrognakTheDestroyer said:

I tried the broodmother last night. The fight went horribly. I had the daedon set to auto healing, but for some reason it decided to just not give that buff. The yutyranus on auto courage did courage once over the course of the entire fight. My therizno died i  1 hit. My daedon died shortly after the therizno. My dinos got the spiders health down about 1/4. I'm not sure what went wrong here. Do daedons randomly stop their auto healing buff? I think the final problem was the crappy tame ai. Every single dino I had rushed the broodmkther which is a horrible idea. The megatherium was one of the first to die. (Not sure how that happened. It had more health than the rex that lasted three times as long.

Id strongly suggest riding the deadon to control the healing ability and letting the group do the work.....you decide when to start healing, and you can force feed during the battle to try and get another healing run in if the fight lasts long enough....mutton is good, superior kibble is best, but time consuming to make. When you level him up, put the majority of the points in the food stat......more food stat = longer healing power.
as for theri's, more points in health is key......more health wins every time against more melee. Also, the higher the level when taming, the better on any genetics you want later on....two high level parents, blended together for best stats, will be necessary later on for high level battles against alphas. However it might be best to try and run them around a bit and level them up after tameing, or breeding...….you can put the points you get where you want them, instead of relying on wild stats to do the job....takes a lot of time to get a full 20 army, but in the end, they will have the points where you want them. 20-30k health, and 500%+ melee is a good start.

As for the next run at the brood mother, try to stick to a whole group of a single type of tame.....megatheriums, theri's, whatever it is, bring 18 of them.....start the auto courage on a yuty before you activate the portal so that everyone is buffed before the fight, and try to ride the pig so you can control the healing effect.....also make sure he has a huge food stat and extra food to bring into the arena. Iv got mine at 65,000 and it only lasted for a few seconds dureing the alpha dragon fight.....he hit the whole group a couple times with fireballs before landing......the healing powers will drain the food out of the pig, depending on the damage the other tames need healed. So if they are all super injured, the healing effect only lasts a second or two. If a couple dinos have a small scratch, the healing effect will last a several minutes.

On 7/24/2020 at 5:32 PM, Thyme said:

On 7/24/2020 at 4:20 PM, Zoglet said:

Decent Megas are HP of 40+    and melee of 45+ Imprint helps alot.  I am also under the impression that you will be breeding them.. as it sometimes could be faster then taming.  

and a saddle that you can craft with crafting bonus.   I would say anything over 80 armor that you can boost with a crafting character. for beta and Alpha.. higher is always better. 

On 7/25/2020 at 2:00 PM, Zapha said:

I guess the positioning is the key. When I failed with this fight I had the impression that only the front row of my megatheriums did damage, but not those behind. I sent them all together onto the broodmother. Maybe better to make four groups and let them attack from different directions.

I think you should also ride the Yuti and do the shouts manual.

Anyway, this is the first and easiest boss, Wildcard, it should be doable with normal high level tames and not require the whole breeding thing. This would encourage your players to play longer before they quit. As it is now the boss fights are reserved for people with much time.

You do not sound ready for endgame. You need to breed and inprint dinos that are at LEAST 120, or better yet, 130, some will say 140 as a bare minimum. You tamed level 90s? No breeding? Just do the "egg and imprint thing," with rates turned up, it won't take more then two hours in single player. If they ask for something you don't have, just pod them and throw them down. If you had bred and imprinted, you could have won with primitive saddles, now you lost everything.

If you want to do the boss as fast as possible, you should use megatheriums like people said, you should tame a couple lvl 135+, breed them and imprint the babies, 10 would be enought, if you can bring more, better. Bring a Yuti and buff the megas with it. 

If you have access to Deinonychus, you should bring at least 3 of them, it will make any boss easier and grow really fast.

For higher difficulties (Beta and/or Alpha), you gonna need a full megatherium army (Beta) and probably some decent saddles/breeding for Alpha. Deinos gonna help you even more in higher difficulties. Hope you do it sucessfully. :) 

On 7/24/2020 at 2:37 PM, Zoglet said:

Thanks guys, and regarding good saddle bps, it's just a case of grinding drops and alphas until the right ones turn up, right?

Alphas are a waste of time for saddles, they don't drop them. On the island, the swamp cave and carno island are best for loot. The other caves either have bad loot, or are too deadly too be worth it.

Archived