What is the Dino Level Cap

TeamXovec

Yes it that is to high and will get deleted, but idk when the server checks dino lvls, perhaps upon restart? I also don't know when that happens, perhaps only during maintenance and updating? Perhaps every time the server bogs down enough to boot everyone/ crash? I do know that if you cryo pod it you won't be able to unpod it, and you should also avoid transferring it. Personally I don't raise any baby if it hatches over lvl 376 which is 450-73-1 (I subtract an extra one so that my babies max level will be 449)

2 hours ago, Narok said:

Why does the game delete your dinos over that level? Even with mutation you can't go past that?

WC short sighted response to some corrupt GM's spawning ridiculous level dino's during Legacy. 

They probably never expected people to breed to that level but here we are, breeding them down at this point. Lol

6 hours ago, Narok said:

Ok, strange thing, in some way i understand. But is the 450lvl cap is reachable without the infinite mutation bug? Because if not it make sense that they keeped this cap to prevent abuse, after all the infinite muta breeding technique is using a bug.

Can you get to 450 with out bugging out mutations? First of all I am not sure it's a bug, perhaps they intentionally coded it so that you can get infinite mutations by breeding fresh stock into highly mutated lines? But assuming that's a bug, and the intended mechanic is to only allow for 40 mutations, 20 from a patrilineal line, 20 from matri... Well it's still a complicated question. What's your best dino from wild stock with 0 mutations? First of all you can get quite good wild stock if you kibble tame during 2x taming week end event, and how about the rarer better event? How about extra life? What is the best event? Also there are tek dinos that go beyond the max of wild = 150. Even more complicated some wild dinos randomly have more points assigned e.g. into melee, and hp. Current breeding programs recognize the max 450 conundrum and they usually pick 1,2, or 3 important stats, e.g. melee and hp, and they generate so called "perfect" male to start the program with the best they could find of those stats. But if you were trying to just get the highest lvl with out going over 40 mutations, you'd probably go for several wild dinos each with a single exaggerated stat, then combine those into your "perfect" starting pair. Looking at dododex https://www.dododex.com/taming/quetzal/180?taming=4 if you kibble tamed a 180 tek quetzal during a 4x event you'd have lvl 269 dinos. I'm not sure what lvl of "perfect" dinos that would generate, but probably over lvl 300... Now I think for some reason a single mutation point gives +2 to wild levels? 300ish + 80 is to hight, as I mentioned above your babies should cap at 376-377.

2 hours ago, Narok said:

What is X-dinos? I guess it"s on an other map than the island correct?

They're from Genesis. Higher levels, unusual patterns depending on the biome they're from (Volcano ones get "lava streaks" on their bodies, for example). And there's also some difference in stats, I'm pretty sure. Don't know for a fact, as  I don't have Genesis so there wasn't any reason for me to learn much about them.

Archived